• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Villager Jablock Combo?

Mtn64

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mtnn64
3DS FC
4742-5103-9358
This isn't new, but yeah its a thing.
Honestly didn't know the second Nair jablocked, I usually just Bair --> NAir --> FSmash.
I wouldn't recommend DSmash --> Lloid because it can be mashed out of before the lloid hits. I'd just replace with FSmash, but we might be able to do lloid --> dthrow --> uair/fair dependent on DI for more damage. I'll get in the lab now.

Tommy - S.N.

http://i.imgur.com/QAKFpPF.gif <--- DAZ ME :]]]
NNID
TheTommy10200
This isn't new, but yeah its a thing.
Honestly didn't know the second Nair jablocked, I usually just Bair --> NAir --> FSmash.
I wouldn't recommend DSmash --> Lloid because it can be mashed out of before the lloid hits. I'd just replace with FSmash, but we might be able to do lloid --> dthrow --> uair/fair dependent on DI for more damage. I'll get in the lab now.
The second Nair only jablocks on medium weight and higher. (Maybe even some light weights, is Ness one of them?)

Mtn64

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mtnn64
3DS FC
4742-5103-9358
You cant confirm lloid --> grab (lloid takes too long to come out and then grab is too slow as a result) but you can grab --> UAir/fair.
When I got a three turnip, its damage was 47. Charging fmash was 44. I didn't pummel on the grab.
The two advantages of grab is that you don't need to risk missing the second NAir; you can press two Nairs in your shorthop and go into grab. The second is if the opponent airdodges, you can generally hit with the sourspot turnip and confirm into another UAir, which adds on a lot of damage.

Tommy - S.N.

NNID
TheTommy10200
You cant confirm lloid --> grab (lloid takes too long to come out and then grab is too slow as a result) but you can grab --> UAir/fair.
When I got a three turnip, its damage was 47. Charging fmash was 44. I didn't pummel on the grab.
The two advantages of grab is that you don't need to risk missing the second NAir; you can press two Nairs in your shorthop and go into grab. The second is if the opponent airdodges, you can generally hit with the sourspot turnip and confirm into another UAir, which adds on a lot of damage.
To me it isn't about the damage output, it's about what position you're in relation to them after the combo is done. I much rather have them offstage then above me since juggling with Villager isn't as easy as it seems because of his low air mobility and poor ground movement. But hey, we're all different.

Last edited:

Moosseff

Smash Apprentice
I did downsmash into upsmash into upair and on some characters up air is guaranteed....I think...I havent really been experimenting with it but all I know is that the number went from 7 to 8 when I used it against ganon

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
Huh. Guess I COULD go for those more.

so I'd have time to run, sh nair huh...

Couldn't you go for a third nair, btw?

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
That's weird. Does Villager have any other moves that can jablock aside from nair and weak fair or bair?

ArcGale

Smash Cadet
NNID
Enderores
I usually do short hop double nair, d-smash and End it with up-smash to up-air, which is a true combo, however the damage isn't reliable with up-air being random and all

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
If you have a tree near the edge, and chop it once, you can bair, double nair jablock, dsmash to axe chop

Deals like 72% damage, hehe =P

inb4situational

Deezxnutz

Smash Cadet
OH what if after the jab lock you plant a trip sapling on top of them before they get up so they're forced to trip then you can extend your combo from there?

Deezxnutz

Smash Cadet
Nvm turns out they don't trip right away when you plant it on their get up

ChuteTheMessenger

Village's Strongest Hitman
To me it isn't about the damage output, it's about what position you're in relation to them after the combo is done. I much rather have them offstage then above me since juggling with Villager isn't as easy as it seems because of his low air mobility and poor ground movement. But hey, we're all different.
Nah dude, it's all about the frame traps. Up throw instead of down throw into early rising upair, which will beat out most options except air dodge, but if they do then you're in perfect position for another immediate upair. Refer to this crazy Ranai string

Even then, if you care about putting them offstage, dthrow into slingshot strings if you start from middle / near the edge of stage will put them off for you while you are closer by in order to keep up the pressure with possible nair/dair edgeguarding, etc

Last edited:

Tommy - S.N.

NNID
TheTommy10200
Nah dude, it's all about the frame traps. Up throw instead of down throw into early rising upair, which will beat out most options except air dodge, but if they do then you're in perfect position for another immediate upair. Refer to this crazy Ranai string

Even then, if you care about putting them offstage, dthrow into slingshot strings if you start from middle / near the edge of stage will put them off for you while you are closer by in order to keep up the pressure with possible nair/dair edgeguarding, etc
Upthrow to Upair isn't true though.

Tommy - S.N.

NNID
TheTommy10200
Its not but due to the fact upair lasts as long as an airdodge, its pretty easy to juggle people with it.
I guess but can't they jump out of it or challenge the Upair followup?

Last edited:

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
I guess but can't they jump out of it or challenge the Upair followup?
They can jump, but unless the've got super high aerial mobility that'd be bad cuz you can then steal their jump and keep juggling.

Also upair is hard to challenge, its a quick disjointed move. A lot of characters don't have fast dairs, and at best they'd trade. Which is fine, cuz if they spike you or something you can bounce off the ground and keep juggling.

Moosseff

Smash Apprentice
Also upair is hard to challenge, its a quick disjointed move. A lot of characters don't have fast dairs, and at best they'd trade. Which is fine, cuz if they spike you or something you can bounce off the ground and keep juggling.
Villager dittos tho

Top Bottom