• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Villager Axe Tech

BelowZer0

Smash Apprentice
Normally the axe is really hard to pull out in the very beginning of a match without taking any damage, but with this new tech you can do it most of the time with taking even 1% of damage. The video shows mega an using a range move, but it also works on characters that rush you right away with a melee move. As many of you know, the axe is an incredible tool in the villagers moveset and this makes it really easy to pull out.

Soshii

Villageoise
NNID
kvlasco
3DS FC
1134-7845-8828
It's not really considered a tech to pull out a lloyd to give you time to plant the tree. I honestly don't think the axe is important enough to have to do this at the start of every match, especially with how predictable it is. I think Villager's main concern is to create a consistent space between him/her and the opponent. The axe also has lag and can be shielded/predicted, so it isn't a great trump card at all. I mean don't get me wrong it's great, but I would pull it out more when I've already put in some % on the opponent in the first place.

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
I wouldn't consider this tech. It's just putting a Lloid Rocket in front of you so you can get a tree out, lol. If this was considered tech, then there'd be a lot of stupid tech on some characters. This is like if you hit somebody away with Samus so you have space to charge up your Neutral-B, lol.

BelowZer0

Smash Apprentice
Whether it's tech or a strategy I just wanted to show this to you guys. I think it could be useful.

YAYCONFORMITY

Smash Apprentice
:-/ We kind of already knew that projectiles could be used to control space in fighting games... Besides, the lloyd rocket is pretty slow, and can be jumped over. It's not a bad idea, and it will work sometimes, but hardly something that really needed its own topic imo.

Alright guys well it doesn't help the meta at all to be a bunch of negative nancies. Sure, this isn't really a tech, in the common sense of the word, but it can still prove to be a really useful strat in getting a tree out safely. Considering that there aren't many projectiles that can go through the tree (the only ones that I can think of right now are Mega Man's blades and leaf shield) and the rocket will absorb at least one aerial or projectile, the opponent is forced to approach from the ground. And if they want to get to you, they either have to roll through the tree, or attack with a ranged attack. The first one is easily dealt with, since USmash, DSmash, and UTilt are amazing for punishing rolls, and as for the second one, since the axe has a bit of range you can still chop at your tree while staying out of the attack's range.

While I agree that this probably wasn't deserving of its own thread, ganging up on the guy like this isn't doing us any favours.

Last edited:

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
i actually never use the axe as an offensive weapon, but if i did, i would probably b-reverse into someone.

Happy620

Smash Rookie
Wow. This is too cool. I usually have trouble using it, but now I know what to do. Thanks!

Pusha

Smash Rookie
If you grab a ledge and you have your axe out, you can jump and quickly swing the axe. It's useful especially when your opponent is at high% cause the axe deals a huge knock back. Be careful tho cause it obviously has little range.

Bizzoula

Smash Rookie
This isn't a tech and I'm pretty sure everyone who players Villager already knew about this.

Top Bottom