• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New vids

otg

Smash Master
I've got some new vids on my youtube account now, so I figured I would share this long *** set my friend and I did.

OTG (Doctor Mario) vs. SH3L (Fox) 1 - 7
Round 1
Round 2
Round 3 - comeback!!
Round 4 - Doc ****
Round 5 - ew fox ****
Round 6
Round 7 - *my doc is too sexy*

Got even more vids from about 2 weeks ago, check em:

OTG (Doc) vs. Kiru (Marth)
OTG (Doc) vs. SH3L (Kirby) 1
OTG (Doc) vs. SH3L (Kirby) 2
OTG (Doc) vs. SH3L (Kirby) 3
OTG (Doc) vs. SH3L (Kirby) 4
OTG (Doc) vs. SH3L (Kirby) 5 - 'ftilt is the bane of Kirby's existance'

Update 8/17/08: Even more vids omfg. Me vs. Kiru

OTG (Doc) vs. Kiru (Fox)
OTG (Doc) vs. Kiru (Fox) 2 - Raaaape
OTG (Doc) vs. Kiru (Sheik)
OTG (Doc) vs. Kiru (Jigglypuff) - How I deal with Jigglypuff.

More comments and critique are welcome!

Stryk9

Smash Journeyman
pretty good vids. I like the chaing rab finished with uair fsmash, I usally try and uair fair, but it's a bit less certain and low percents, you know, so I should probly switch methods,

otg

Smash Master
pretty good vids. I like the chaing rab finished with uair fsmash, I usally try and uair fair, but it's a bit less certain and low percents, you know, so I should probly switch methods,
Thanks, I find that Uair->Fsmash works at around low 60%, but only if they DI hard in one direction (left or right). If they tend to only somewhat DI or not DI at all (as you can my friend ops to do that), you can Utilt or Usmash followed by a grab or Uair->finisher. It's all situational.

Btw, if that was you who commented on Youtube I agree. Watching these vids made me realize I should try not to forecast my moves in advance (excess grabbing, etc). He tends to punish me when I become to predictable though (sidestep->shine->grab, w'e), Fox will beat the crap out of you for making mistakes, so I try to be as smart as possible. Thanks.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
I watched all of them this morning, and im too lazy to watch again, so i'll just give you some general stuff i remember.

First and foremost, u.air f.smash is not that great. I mean, it's good if it hits, but for everytime you missed it, you coulda just did u.air d.smash and it woulda worked.

Um, good job with the chaingrabbing.

One thing you're afraid to do is upthrow fox through a platform. GET ON THEM FORWARD TRICKS. I mean, it's perfectly fine to d.throw d.smash (at like, 30% or so, where it will hit), or d.throw tech chase, but you gotta man up, throw them through the platform, hop up there, and KEEP ON THROWING THEM. Platforms dont really stop a chaingrab, they just make you have to read a tech in between.

And one last thing, you tend to tech everything the same way. I.E., you always tech fox's d.throw in place. Which lead to upsmash.

That's what i remember sticking out on the top of my head.

JonaDiaper

Smash Champion
otg you suck. watchin these vids made me wonder how you beat me that last time we played. well we gotta play again. oh i got sexy at tech chasing muahaha so basically, your screwed =]

otg

Smash Master
I watched all of them this morning, and im too lazy to watch again, so i'll just give you some general stuff i remember.

First and foremost, u.air f.smash is not that great. I mean, it's good if it hits, but for everytime you missed it, you coulda just did u.air d.smash and it woulda worked.

Um, good job with the chaingrabbing.

One thing you're afraid to do is upthrow fox through a platform. GET ON THEM FORWARD TRICKS. I mean, it's perfectly fine to d.throw d.smash (at like, 30% or so, where it will hit), or d.throw tech chase, but you gotta man up, throw them through the platform, hop up there, and KEEP ON THROWING THEM. Platforms dont really stop a chaingrab, they just make you have to read a tech in between.

And one last thing, you tend to tech everything the same way. I.E., you always tech fox's d.throw in place. Which lead to upsmash.

That's what i remember sticking out on the top of my head.
Word, well I try to tech chase with Dthrow if I don't think I can finish a chaingrab, but yeah good advice I'll work on that. If you look at the last video, I do follow up with an Uthrow and punish hard (@ 3:42), take a look. As for teching in place for the Dthrow, I was having issues teching the Dthrow throughout all of the videos we're doing, and I can do it 100% consistently most of the time.

I don't want to throw controller johnz out there, but I've been using the same clunker since 2003 (when I got my cube), so I'm going to invest in another this week, hopefully have some better quality vids up (^.^). But I know you Dogy, you want results so I'll pwn harder next time aight?

Oh and Jona, you have fun with your level 1 computers, you can come play me whenever you want.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
*watches a few kirby vids*

You dont throw nearly enough pills, period. That's why kirby beat you a few times.

Flat out, when you dont throw pills and you constantly approach kirby, you give him a chance. That's how alot of characters in the game are. (The ones without projectiles, for the most part)

That kirby also needs to learn how to take your **** pills, cause doc pills are kirby's best hat. Maybe 2nd under falco lasers. >.>

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
Dude, Kirby's dthrow is like the easiest thing to tech ever(except maybe Fox/Falco's Dthrow) stop failing at it. And at higher percents, you don't even need to tech it, you should be able to Bair out of the hitstun before Kirby's Dthrow animation ends.

Also Falco's Hat >>>>>>>>>>>> Doc's hat

otg

Smash Master
*watches a few kirby vids*

You dont throw nearly enough pills, period. That's why kirby beat you a few times.

Flat out, when you dont throw pills and you constantly approach kirby, you give him a chance. That's how alot of characters in the game are. (The ones without projectiles, for the most part)

That kirby also needs to learn how to take your **** pills, cause doc pills are kirby's best hat. Maybe 2nd under falco lasers. >.>
Bah, you are the 3rd person to tell me in the last few days that I don't use pills enough. I hate that ****, I hate ****ing spamming/camping. This **** ain't brawl. Back when I first started playing Doc, all I would do is spam but now that I'm more comfortable with the game I try to fight it out. These are just friendlies so I'm really not trying to win to my fullest so I would rather fight it out and lose than camp out and win.

Now I don't throw Pills enough lol? Maybe I just need to find a good balance. And to Reaper: I can tech the Dthrow, the timing is similar to Fox/Falco's dthrow, and if you watch the vids I fight against them I was missing it also. Just having a bad day, on a good night I won't be missing those techs. Oh! And I finally got myself a new controller so expect some better, less SD filled vids.

otg

Smash Master
suicided 3 times?! when the **** did that happen... and if so how do you suicide 3 times in every match with doc?

lmao suicide johns that never happened
Roman, I'm not going to argue with you here because I can recall all three. First fight, my first life I was edge camping on BF and what do you know, some how missed the ledge. Same thing happened on our last fight but that time I was at like 90% so it wasn't as bad (but seeing as how close the match was, it couldn't hurt). Last time was at Yoshi's most of the time it was just dumb ****.

Regardless, that's not the point. Get over yourself, next time we play I'll MM $40. Got myself a new controller so no more random ****.

Edit:

Last thing, stop trolling my thread with your gay *** shenanigans. These matches are friendlies, and unless you're going to comment on them, go play Spife, kai bai.

Roman.

Smash Champion
i only watched the first vid but here's what i observed

first try to always be doing something with doc and never stand around whether you're pill spamming or dashdancing looking for an opening

:28 was a good opportunity where instead of trying to follow up from the throw you should waveland up and regrab/smash, although if he had teched to the otherside of the platform, running with a uair would be better because then you can follow up with a d/fsmash and edgeguard from there

1:35 i loled, never seen that happen XDD

1:52, again waveland and regrab, after that uthrow and if he DI's right, chaingrab, if he DI's left, waveland and regrab again, after that if he DI's off the platform you can do a run off uair -> dsmash but nice followup with a dair either way

2:49 WTF AT PILL TAJECTORY, i never knew FoD was anythin but flat -.- anyone else?

other than that, a pretty solid match... your jab game is very impressive and keep on keeping on

otg

Smash Master
i only watched the first vid but here's what i observed

first try to always be doing something with doc and never stand around whether you're pill spamming or dashdancing looking for an opening

:28 was a good opportunity where instead of trying to follow up from the throw you should waveland up and regrab/smash, although if he had teched to the otherside of the platform, running with a uair would be better because then you can follow up with a d/fsmash and edgeguard from there

1:35 i loled, never seen that happen XDD

1:52, again waveland and regrab, after that uthrow and if he DI's right, chaingrab, if he DI's left, waveland and regrab again, after that if he DI's off the platform you can do a run off uair -> dsmash but nice followup with a dair either way

2:49 WTF AT PILL TAJECTORY, i never knew FoD was anythin but flat -.- anyone else?

other than that, a pretty solid match... your jab game is very impressive and keep on keeping on
Watch vids 4 and 7. Sexy 0-deaths.

LolDesh

Smash Apprentice
lol, good matches, u cg really well o.o
but yeah, they is right, u need to up the pills a LOT.
its not that its spammy/campy noob stuff, its just that its part of docs game and helps cover flaws in his approaching and other areas.

and ye romans right your jab games good too XD

otg

Smash Master
Alright, I'll take that advice. Pills are fine, but I don't see how using them all the time really helps Doc that much. I feel they are situational and that spamming them just opens up more opportunities to get attacked.

LolDesh

Smash Apprentice
Its actually gonna keep you safer,
"If you're going to Spam pills, spam them correctly. You should be throwing pills to create a wall of defense that makes your opponent have a hard time just getting to you."
its really effective in match ups with characters who have no projectiles, (marth, jiggs, etc._

i think this match of me and a friend playing marth kinda explains it really well, if you use pills well it will rarely leave u open, and just put more pressure on them making it harder for them to get to u

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zej4yT1ajgU

<3 2:44 ..ownt XD

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
I hate to say this Desh, but that match was less correct spam and more incorrect play by your opponent. Rather than be patient and work his way through your spam the marth just kept running into it without doing anything. Thats not to say that pill spam isn't useful, its just that if your opponent starts playing defensively and just starts waiting out the spam they'll eventually be able to get inside while taking no damage.

otg

Smash Master
I hate to say this Desh, but that match was less correct spam and more incorrect play by your opponent. Rather than be patient and work his way through your spam the marth just kept running into it without doing anything. Thats not to say that pill spam isn't useful, its just that if your opponent starts playing defensively and just starts waiting out the spam they'll eventually be able to get inside while taking no damage.
Agreed, you're friend didn't really seem to know how to handle pill spam. Marth can literally just walk and jab each incoming pill while hardly losing any momentum against you. Honestly, if you look at the Top level Docs they really don't pill spam at all which is what I try to aim for, but I guess I just don't use it enough. Makes sense too, these are people I play with pretty regularly so they know how to get around it.

Edit:

yeah you're right, but it still shows pill spam can be useful at least XD
Lol definitely. If you can beat your friends than what else actually matters (unless you want to enter some major tournaments and ****)? IMO Pills are really matchup specific, and tend to be useful vs. anyone who is slower than you (yeah I know, no one important on the tier list).
Ganon - pills = good
Fox - pills = free usmash

Caveman might be the only Doc who I've seen use pills in really innovative ways, like shooting one and using the stun to follow up with grabs and Fairs. Besides that, they really shouldn't be used as your main form of approach ... or camping or anything. Later I think I'll make a list of matchups where pills can actually be used freely, and not situationally.

Top Bottom