• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Venue in Bristol :>

Omadon

Internal Combustion Power
Greetings! I just wanted to post here that Smash in Bristol is about to shift up a gear. I've recently made a deal with a local comic store to run Biweeklies there every first and third Thursdays of the month, and alongside this they're going to keep setups in the store for people to rent out during the week for £2 a head for near enough however long you want - Although they may get antsy if someone turns up when they open and leaves when they close.

The store in question is Excelsior - it can be located Here. The store in question is just down the road from the one on the map (Literally a few doors), as they have two venues - one is purely comic related and the other is gaming based. Brunswick Square (Located directly above it - see the map) has free parking after six and pretty much every bus on it's way into Bristol from outside the city goes past that road as it's on the way to the bus station. That - and if you get on a #8 or #9 from the train station, it'll also take you right to the door.

My aim is for anybody whose in the area to be able to rock on up to Bristol pretty much whenever and be able to get some games in. The venue is ideal - good lighting, decent internet, perfect arrangement of tables with room enough for ten setups and more power outlets than we could ever possibly use (Although I'm sure we'll try). After the first Biweekly event (Which you can find Here) - feel free to ask around on the SWS (South West Smash) group on Facebook to see if anybody is free. Pretty much all the learning and improving I personally did at this game happened during the time my family ran a hobby store down in the bowels of somerset. With any luck we can get the same sort of thing going here :>

Last edited:

Scarf Wynaut

Smash Cadet
I live literally 30 mins from that venue so definitely interested. though I don't have much melee/pm experience I play smash 4 a bit. looking forward to more updates ^^

Top Bottom