• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New use for forward throw.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boxob

Smash Champion
This is simply a combo that I found that makes the forward throw worth using, it's especially easy to do on larger characters but all of it can hit everyone at some percentage.

It is as follows: Fthrow > spinshotted Uair > spring Uair. Good setup for early kills.

Enjoy.

sonic boy

Smash Apprentice
o thank you. im happy to know this. sorry...im going around seeing if i can get new tricks.. ill be sure to say thank you to them too =) im gunna need all the cool trick to become a good sonic user. thank for the info im going to wright it down =)

thecatinthehat

Smash Master
this combo is so hard to do consistently :/
Well it's not like it's going to be your only combo....
If you kept repeating it, the opponent would eventually wisen up, and DI forward, instead of away. Then the spinshot would probably go to far.

darkNES386

Smash Lord
Awesome find. Any way to add variety is always welcomed.

Well it's not like it's going to be your only combo....
If you kept repeating it, the opponent would eventually wisen up, and DI forward, instead of away. Then the spinshot would probably go to far.
Well then the mind games commence. If they DI forward, you may miss once, but next time you can try again or instead of doing the spinshot you simply jump up and meet them with a Fair or whatever else is appropriate.

thecatinthehat

Smash Master
Awesome find. Any way to add variety is always welcomed.

Well then the mind games commence. If they DI forward, you may miss once, but next time you can try again or instead of doing the spinshot you simply jump up and meet them with a Fair or whatever else is appropriate.
Spoken like a true Sonic user.

Boxob

Smash Champion
I'm glad you all like it. I also find it useful if they DI forward to just Bair, sometimes it hits, it isn't as reliable but if it misses it misses no big deal, if it hits it gives you a nice chance to gimp. It can be followd up by any aerial really, I even did a fancy Ftrhow > Spinshot UpB > Dair once. It's such a pretty combo starter lol.

itsameluigi1290

Smash Journeyman
NNID
luigitime1290
This looks like a cool combo, I'll have to try it if I ever play Vanilla Brawl again. But, what is a Spinshot? I know Spindash, but not Spinshot. I'm ashamed to call myself a Sonic fan

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
I mean, like, worst case scenario with this setup is if they DI/SDI it, you get like 20 free boxobairs so there's really no downsides.

:093:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom