• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New to the scene

Kevreillz90

Smash Rookie
Hello my name is Kevin, I am living in the Rep of Ireland and play a lot of video games and am very very very new to the smash scene, I own a lot of systems, including a PSONE, PSTWO, PS3, XBOX360, XBOXONE, PS4, Gameboy Advance, Nintendo Wii etc, you name it, I have it, I am normally online with FIFA or things like COD, however ever since I was a kid I had a passion for fighting games, my favourite game as a child growing up was Tekken 2 on the PSONE, and I have continued that type of genre on a consistent level, especially with things like Fight Night, UFC, and the Tekken Franchise. Over the past few years I have been attending University in order to become a pharmacist as I narrowly missed out on undergraduate medicine, through the university I attend I meet a lot of international students, one such group are Canadians and Americans and thus I was introduced to the marvel that is smash, ever since I picked up a controller a few years ago etc I have become enthralled, and play with my friends regularly, basically as I have been around the block with systems and since I don't own a gamecube currently was wondering could someone help me run through what I need to do currently in order to get the 20XX training pack, from the research I have done I would be interested in obtaining the 4.05 and 3.02 versions of the game on the PAL Version of a Wii with the gamecube ports etc, I am also adept at modding controllers as I do my own SCUFS/Cinch mods and since I would be easily able to access the gamecube controllers through amazon uk (I would love to support the community online on this site it's just the shipping costs and other taxes etc would be crazy for me) I was wondering if people could direct me on what they found works for them, I normally play melee, or 64, and use Fox, Falco, Marth, Sheik as my mains, I can access a local retro gaming store which sells original gamecube controllers like the purple/silver ones which are standard, I am thinking of getting one of those which retail for €25, and a new white smash 4 one for €30, and doing a mod like I have seen Kadano do, so basically to summarise I was wondering if you could help me with;

Softmodding a PAL Wii for the training hack pack versions of 4.05 & 3.02
Modding a controller for comfort and what would suit my main characters (recommendations etc)
Gaining access to online playing/sparring facilities, online training guides, character guides as I am bit of a noob (need to practice up)
Any local smash scenes in Ireland whereby I can train and practice with fellow smashers or tournaments in order to get into and used to the competitive scene

PS: Apologies for the long winded post, if it's in the wrong place, thank you for taking the time to read it and a big massive welcome to such a great community and one I wish to become very active in!

Kind Regards,
Kevin

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Welcome to

Click here to find out if there's a scene in your area.

Check out Premium for added features and fun.

Click here for the Forum Directory.

For online matches try one of the following links:
Check out the respective character boards for helpful tips.
Character guides can be found here.

Before you post please check out the Global Rules.

Keep up to date with the latest news here.
Light House is for general gaming discussions.
Check out the Pool Room to talk about Smash, life, sports, or whatever is on your mind.
Click here to socialize and have fun.

Check out the new Smash Connect forums for user based services including artwork and customization services.

If you need any assistance, don't hesitate to ask one of our friendly staff members. If you have site related questions, you can post them in this thread.

Props: Made by @WolfieXVII @Trieste SP @ Cyn Cyn and @Hong

:starman: Name changes :starman: Bigger avatar and signature :starman:
:starman: Post backgrounds
:starman:
:starman: Enjoy Premium-exclusive forum and giveaways :starman:
:starman: Support the Smash community and sign up today! :starman:

Top Bottom