• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melee New to the melee scene

AtroOG

Smash Rookie
I am new to the melee scene and would like to participate in tournaments but am not good at the game. Is it a good idea to attend tournaments and get my ass whooped for experience or should I wait? basically I'm wondering what the base level of skill is to even consider tournaments (obviously locals). I'm norcal so let me know if you are as well and have ideas for some tournaments in the Santa Rosa area. thanks for the help

gogurtpeachy

Smash Rookie
Slippi.gg
GOGU#750
Tournaments will never be a bad thing, assuming you go in with a good, learning mindset, going to locals will make your growth much more rapid. If you go to a local ( you should) try not to worry about how you perform, instead learn what you can and PLAY FRIENDLIES. The more games you play, the better you’ll get, simple as that. And sometimes getting railed on is all it takes to start improving.

TDRR

Smash Journeyman
Don't forget to practice too, going to locals can help you greatly improve but you still need to get consistent at as many techniques as you can.

Top Bottom