• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New To Smash Chose Pokemon Trainer

TOOF7LTHY

Smash Rookie
Hey guys im 27 years old been a gamer my whole life but never played fighting games. There was a lot of hype around smash (i of course played them but not hardcore like fps and mmorpgs) so I decided to start playing. Im starting to get decent beating cpu at level 9 learning a lot l like short hops and shield drop the fundamentals basiclly. I have been watching a lot of streams and found a pro named Leffen who just made me fall in love with pokemon trainer! Im wondering if anyone has some good guide videos or info on this character. How to approach (like i should fair or nair to approach) , combos, edge guarding etc. Anyone with any info I would be super grateful!

roymustang1990-

Smash Ace
NNID
RoyMustang1990
Play ing pokemon trainer is like playing marvel vs capcom series and dbz f which are 3 versus 3 fighting games so you'll have to triple your efforts to play the actual whole teamEffectively which is not something I recommend for beginners especially for smash

Last edited:

MalachitJR

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-2092-6451-4829
Pokemon trainer is one tricky fighter to master if you want to main all 3 pokemon. Squirtle is speed, Ivysaur is defense, and charzard is power. I'd recommend starting off with squirtle to rack up some damage and switch to charzard to finish them off. Not sure about ivysaur...I've seen people start off with him to either combo or finish the opponent so I guess he works either way. Oh and squirtle is really light so switch him off if you have worrisome damage or else you gonna die early.

TOOF7LTHY

Smash Rookie
Im going for the long term investment im not trying to become amazing in a day or a week i know thats not possible. Also Pokemon is one of my fav animes/games so pokemon trainer is the perfect pick for me player love wise.

1FC0

Smash Lord
I think that Ivysaur is good for damage racking. Since he is probably heavier than Squirtle he is also probably safer if you have a lot of damage, and his recovery does not matter much since you can switch to Charizard anytime you need.

Charizard is the best killer and the best survivor and Squirtle and Ivysaur are both good at damage racking.

Last edited:

TOOF7LTHY

Smash Rookie
Thanks for the input guys! Wondering if anyone knows sometimes I see squirtle use his up b comming like in a downward diagonal direction from a platform how do you do this?

Top Bottom