• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New to Jacksonville and I want to Smash... badly.

Dyse

Smash Journeyman
New to Jacksonville and Smash-hungry. Who is able to satiate my hunger? I play Melee and PM. It's been a while since I've had some real competition, so please, for the love of Smash, invite me over to play. Text me any time at:

Some of you Florida players may remember me from FAST1. I was in Caveman's group. We all wore One Piece shirts. I was the short guy :D

SSBBDaisy

Smash Lord
No one plays. Ur in a dead area. lol

I'll play Melee and PM. But i'm not driving anywhere :D

SSBBDaisy

Smash Lord
u should go to UNF gameroom. Thats where people will play smash sometimes.

But they mostly/only play brawl :)

Dyse

Smash Journeyman
I will never play Brawl intentionally, sorry. It's just not a very good game, nor do I feel any sense of accomplishment when I win, so I don't play it.

SSBBDaisy

Smash Lord
lol. Well thats how you feel and ur not the only one lol.

I like all 3 games but I prefer brawl.

If u come to UNF gameroom in the fall there will be more people that hang out in the game room. 2 of them I know and they will play Melee/PM and so will I. :p

Dyse

Smash Journeyman
Not sure what UNF is. I'm not from around here. If you know anybody who plays or wants to play, especially this weekend, feel free to share my number with them.

SSBBDaisy

Smash Lord
University of North Florida (College). It has its own game room and during the fall the 2 other people who play Melee and Project M should be coming back in the fall semester. Ian also plays Melee/Project M but I haven't really seen him around. As of right now I don't think your going to find many people who will play project M with u besides Me and Ross but we mainly play Brawl so I don't think you would be interested lol.

Dyse

Smash Journeyman
Dang it! Am I correct in guessing that Jacksonville used to have a thriving Smash community at one point? Where in Florida is Smash still alive? I am willing to drive in order to get back into the community.

SSBBDaisy

Smash Lord
Well up in UNF there use to be people who played Melee a lot. But I never see them playing it anymore. I know some of them went into the military. But Melee/Project M is still being played competitively in FL. Just look in the Atlantic South portion of Tournament Listings on the boards and you will find some Melee/Project M tournies. I know Hungrybox goes to a lot of them and brawl tournaments. :p

Dyse

Smash Journeyman
That was a great idea! I found a tourney tomorrow that Hungrybox is hosting actually. I'm hoping for a good turnout.

DewDaDash

Smash Lord
Yea you kind of have to drive to gainesville atleast if you're looking for melee. Caveman's group... man havent seen that guy since 06 mlg, brings back memories lol. Im guessing your from texas?

Dyse

Smash Journeyman
Thanks for the invite, but I was stuck on my ship for the tournament. If you could get me in touch with Fizzi, I'd really appreciate it.

exarch

doot doot doot
Usually not playing Brawl. Location: Enterprise
Jacksonville has never had a thriving community, which has always been ridiculous because it's a big city. You could attempt to change that (the timing is pretty right with Evo just past.)

Orlando, Gainesville, Miami have been the pretty big places for smash in FL history. Tampa, Ft. Myers, Pensacola, and Tallahassee have a smaller scene.

EDIT: Welcome to Florida!

SSBBDaisy

Smash Lord
Everything this guy has said...........

There is someone who is trying to increase the Brawl community in Jacksonville although not much people are helping him :p. His name is Ved.

Melee is pretty much gone in Jacksonville. Although me and ross play it.

Sandtru27

Smash Lord
there should be proj. m tournaments coming this fall (when Tyler aka Dubforce/ellondu starts hosting)

The problem w/ Melee is that NO ONE ****ing shows up to any tournament (then they complain that there's no events) and none of them want to publicly announce fests or just have fests in public places

if you play melee and you show up to any brawl event you will most likely be able to play w/ someone or even have a side-tournament for melee

B_AWAL

Smash Master
Tally host annual PM and Brawl tourneys.

We had 1 2 weeks ago n we are having a PM tourney this weds.

another Brawl, PM, Melee & 64 tourney Aug 10th.

:sonic:

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
I've enjoyed traveling to Jax to partake in these past two tourneys. Mostly because they're small and my skill level is on parity there, I suppose. More people should go to Ved's tourneys. I liked Play & Trade and I liked the people at Gorilla Games.

As for Tallahassee, would be nice to pay a visit to Florida's capital at least once :3

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
Duuude I hope you not be talking bout my fellow ho. He wurks the streets hard with what he has. His Peach has over 100 STDs. 100!

Anyhow, after buying Pikmin 3 and eventually Splinter Cell, I'll be going to one tourney this month. And I'm going to have to go with Jax on this one. Please make an appearance G-munhun <3

Sandtru27

Smash Lord
his peach is the best in FL (no matter how much people wanna say it's not... and as much as i hate to admit)

i just wish he'd play ICs against better players and not drop grabs

idk if i'll be there. I don't get back until 8/24 i think.. when is our next tourney anyways?

SSBBDaisy

Smash Lord
Marsfool are u ever at unf? Is there any way I could play Melee with u guys? I'm really bad at it but i'm willing to learn :).

MarsFool!

Smash Lord
I dont really go up there anymore but if need be I can, I just moved back to mandarin from orange park so the drive isnt as bad as it was before. Usually when we play theres only 2-4 of us and we play at my house or fizzis house. Im sure he wouldnt mind more people joining up I certainly wouldnt. When are you available? Im free on the weekends and late during the week.

SSBBDaisy

Smash Lord
well funny thing. I'm going today to play brawl/(some melee) with the jax brawl community (ross and goof will play melee) at goofball's house and then later we are going to UNF.If yall wanted to you could meet up with us when we get together. Even though most of us only play brawl some of us will play melee to.

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
his peach is the best in FL (no matter how much people wanna say it's not... and as much as i hate to admit)

i just wish he'd play ICs against better players and not drop grabs

idk if i'll be there. I don't get back until 8/24 i think.. when is our next tourney anyways?

Well, being the "best" is totally subjective. But I agree, his Peach is a monster. I don't like to compare or say "This person is better than that one" or this that and the other because I honestly don't think anyone has a place to be determining such a thing even if you're the Queen of England. The only other Peach in FL that devastates me is Goofball (and plays a really amazing Ness imo). Never played Kyon who I heard was "the best" but I just roll my eyes at that or anyone saying someone's the best. Creates too much debate and fights over a damn game. But I digress.

I'd like to know when the next Jax tournament is. Friendly group of peoples <3

SSBBDaisy

Smash Lord
I live in Orange Park. Everyone else lives on the other side of town from me in jacksonville near beach blvd. :/

MarsFool!

Smash Lord
Figures huh Daisy? Smash was a lot easier when I lived with Ian lol. Now Im in the middle of OP and UNF. But yes I'd definitely be down to play melee/ project m with you guys. I suck at Brawl and generally don't have much interest in it besides watching but that's ok because I do like to watch people who ARE good. Just Text me or send me a message, Im free pretty much Friday and Saturday all day.

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
Do you happen to play on Wi-Fail?
Lag doesn't really bother me (and my connection has been stable recently too for Smash). Daisy often hangs around AiB's chatroom to play online. That's if you can handle potential lag and of course, for convenience :3

deftinw0lf

Smash Rookie
Myself and a couple of friends of mine are really bad at melee but need some better players to level up. Trying to get more people interested, I know a good 4-5 that are willing to put in the time to learn.

GmoneyJax

Smash Rookie
Myself and a couple of friends of mine are really bad at melee but need some better players to level up. Trying to get more people interested, I know a good 4-5 that are willing to put in the time to learn.

Where are you located? If you and your friends are near UNF why not drop by the gameroom once the fall semester starts (week of Aug 26)? We'd love to see some new blood and we have players of all skill levels! ;)

There's also a 'tournament' of sorts next Sunday (focus is Proj. M tho all smashers/games are welcome). Information can be located here: http://smashboards.com/threads/unf-...fest-august-25th-2013-jacksonville-fl.339680/

GmoneyJax

Smash Rookie
you should be able to get housing w/ tyler (aka Dubforce aka Ellondu)

idk my roommate personally yet, otherwise i'd offer

Top Bottom