• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New to greninja Need help on up air drag down fast fall

Fatexero

Smash Rookie
I have been trying to do this but i can't seem to get it down any help will be appreciated

OMG H4X

Smash Journeyman
NNID
rustytotallypwns
Dair and fastfall from the height of your jump. Probably best out of down tilt and running attack.

From there you can uptilt, down smash, or jab lock to forward smash/down tilt to up smash

Fatexero

Smash Rookie
Dair and fastfall from the height of your jump. Probably best out of down tilt and running attack.

From there you can uptilt, down smash, or jab lock to forward smash/down tilt to up smash
Ok I tried to fastfall at the max height of my jump still having problems it just commits to the full uair no drag down

OMG H4X

Smash Journeyman
NNID
rustytotallypwns
Ok I tried to fastfall at the max height of my jump still having problems it just commits to the full uair no drag down
You got to hit the ground before the last hit of the up air

Dwho?

Smash Rookie
Do you Uair with the C Stick while fast falling. It works best for me

SJMistery

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0920-3611-4128
Do you Uair with the C Stick while fast falling. It works best for me
Yeah that's my favorite way to do it. But try to also move your control stick up before landing. Doing so allows you to easily follow-up with an Up Tilt even without setting the C stick to Tilts (i like to keep it on Smash attacks to get the running jump cancel Up Smash, wich I admittedly use a lot as a combo finisher, more consistently). You can even cycle between those two moves for a while, if you can read the DI correctly, and finish up with an Up Smash for the KO if they are at high percent. The best part is that they cannot tech out of the string because they never actually land if done correctly.

Last edited:

MrFrigid

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
3259-2884-2790
I'm having trouble with landing the combo strings, seems like some people can jump amd start to uair before the height of their jump and STILL get the drag down, which is bonkers imo cause I can only do it if I start the uair at the height of my jump or in the way down. PLZ HALP

OGskato

Smash Rookie
I'm having trouble with landing the combo strings, seems like some people can jump amd start to uair before the height of their jump and STILL get the drag down, which is bonkers imo cause I can only do it if I start the uair at the height of my jump or in the way down. PLZ HALP
I have found it's easier to drag down up air against certain characters. If you go into training and pick meta knight, he is much easier to land it then on fast falling characters. I havent really tested a lot of characters but now i think i will. I was just doing my normal practice combos today against ZSS and i couldnt manage to do my normal drag down combos on her consistently.

Top Bottom