• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New to DDD, MUs?

EZえん

Smash Apprentice
This character is so F***ing fun omfg. Idk why i never played him before now lol. What are his MUs like against characters like:
Fox
Falco
Falcon
Yoshi
Mewtwo
Samus
Link
Game and Watch
MK
Marth
Ness
(these are the characters i play against most in bracket)

I used to main samus btw, and I mainly play melee so im p good at most Melee character MUs, but this character is so fun lol id rather just play him against them.
By the way i don't need like a big answer on how to play the MUs, just like is it a good/even/bad MU, and if theres something special/funny that would be cool too.
Thanks fam.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
Fox
Falco
Falcon
Yoshi
Mewtwo
Samus
Link
Game and Watch
MK
Marth
Ness
Advantage
Advantage
Advantage
Disadvantage
Unknown
Even
Even
Heavy loss
Even
Big advantage
Advantage

Tobb99

Smash Apprentice
Does dedede has an advantage against CF!? I thought it was the opposite.

Also Dedede - Marth, I think DDD wins because of survivability and the Marth syndrome, he also has good range and punish game to challenge Marth with.

Last edited:

EZえん

Smash Apprentice
"suitability"? also ive heard from most that DDD beats falcon. its in falcons favor a little on stage, but off stage is just so brutally in DDD's favor

Tobb99

Smash Apprentice
sry meant survivability.

Also Dedede got such a strong edgeguard game that most characters have a hard time off-stage against him. I've heard people say that DDD have a hard time with fast character that can easily bait out his attacks and punish them. And Falcon can punish and combo DDD hard and also got a really strong KO move, The Knee, which can take away another strength DDD has: his recovery.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
Falcon's believe they beat DDD because they don't play against any high level ones and there are so many more falcon mains talking about MUs, that it leads most eveyone to believing that Falcon (and fox) beat us when they don't

Last edited:

EZえん

Smash Apprentice
yeah lol, DDD super outspaces falcon in neutral and as long as the DDD knows how to play safe he should win the neutral most times. Also DDD has an amazing punish game on FFers via tech chasing or uptilt strings.

Tobb99

Smash Apprentice
I'd not say DDD out spaces Falcon in neutral. Or maybe he does but the fact is that Falcon got the arguably best Dash-Dance and ground movement in the game, and DDD's moves aren't that fast and safe so that's probably not why he wins. I'd assume he wins because of his punish game on Falcon, Chain-grabs>Combos>Edgeguard, because of Falcon being a fast-faller.

Falcon actually doesn't have a big problem with characters "out-spacing" him That's why people say that the Falcon - Marth MU in melee (and in PM) is even or slightly in Falcon's advantage. Falcon struggles more against characters that "out-prioritizes" him like Fox, or that can deal with his approaches effectively, like sheik, or that has a solid punish game on him (Chain-Grabs, Combos and Tech-Chases) like Sheik as well. He can also struggle against short characters which can be hard to hit like Kirby, Olimar and Meta Knight. So even though Sheik and Falcon have sort of similar range, Sheik moves comes out quicker and does good job stopping Falcon's approaches, and she also has all the possibilities in the world of punishing Falcon.

EZえん

Smash Apprentice
"priority" is only an effect of disjoint. fox has very little priority on anything, he simply stuffs out falcons slow aerials. sheik has good disjoing and speed but a very poor recovery/movement. at high level, many top players think that marth beats Falcon btw. and DDD has more range than marth and with projectiles and proper movement it can all be p safe

Tobb99

Smash Apprentice
ops, by priority I meant speed, ground speed and fast moves. And Priority is same thing as disjoint. Priority is more a lose term of saying a move is good, or a character is good in a certain situation. Fox has good priority because of his ground speed + his fast airials, and Falco has good priority from above because of his Dair and his fall speed.

I can agree on that DDD got "enough" range to keep him relatively safe but I still think that punish game is more important in this MU. I also don't get what DDD got that is so safe. Fair is slow, Bair is ok, F-tilt is OK, Jab is OK, Waddle Throw is not the best, Waddle Dash is good however. The thing is that Falcon got such good mobility that is you try to space fairs, he can DD camp and the go in at any time with a Nair or any other airial, Falcon excels in attacking opponents above him or diagonally above him and also at baiting opponents with his movement.
One more I advantage I can see DDD have, especially on small stages, is his ability to corner Falcon, something every Falcon player hates.

Top Bottom