• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Tecnique. DLX-Hit-cancel.

Jinx

Smash Journeyman
I tested this out, and you do NOT have to use a throw at any time for this to work.

The Great Leon

Smash Champion
Wow, its really presumptious to put your name in your "AT's" name. Not only has this been covered by Noir, its simple game mechanics. Game mechanics that were present in melee. Falco's dash attack just has stupidly good IASA frames.

F@lc0-san

Smash Ace
Wow, its really presumptious to put your name in your "AT's" name. Not only has this been covered by Noir, its simple game mechanics. Game mechanics that were present in melee. Falco's dash attack just has stupidly good IASA frames.
He already stated that he was joking.

An c'mon people, he just thought he fouund something and wanted to share it with us, no need to go all: LOL OLD GTFO N00B KEKEKEKE

TastelessRamen

Smash Apprentice
Does anyone know of any other attacks that have similar frames on them? This is a big deal for brawl, considering how hard it is to combo.

Mama

Smash Ace
Too lazy to read the thread but did anyone tell this guy that we knew this a week ago? And DLX-cancel is just silly. In fact there aren't even any Melee techniques that are named directly after a players name lol. Stop looking for techniques. Look at mechanics and let the "techniques" find you.

jdub03

Smash Journeyman
Who cares what its named. PMS'ing over a stupid name. Does the name make the technique less viable? You guys are really sad right now.

OrlanduEX

Smash Lord
HOLY CRAP!

He was joking about the name guys. Stop b****ing. This is a very meaningful discovery.

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
Sheesh guys, just because you find a fountain doesn't mean it's the Fountain of Youth.

Remember that.

SeriousWB

Smash Apprentice
IIRC he said he was joking long after the first post. That's not joking, that's covering his own ***.

It is an interesting thing, but the naming was arrogant, period.

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
Oh well, it does get ******** to purposely looking for exploits instead of finding it by accident (let alone looking for them instead of even playing the game for goodness sake)

Arteen

Smash Lord
New Technique: Arteen Arial Ascension
While on the ground, slam the control stick upwards. Now, while still in the air (<-this is key) lower the control stick back into neutral position, then slam it upwards again. If you get the timing down, you can actually perform a second jump! It works for all characters too, and it also works if you depress the jump button instead of slam the control stick upwards.

New Technique: Arteen Arial Ascension Attack
Immediately after performing the Arteen Arial Ascension, tap the attack button, and you actually perform an attack in the air! After further testing, I discovered that if you tilt the control stick while depressing the attack buttons, you can perform different attacks! Amazing!

New Technique: Arteen Arial Ascension Again
Immediately after performing the Arteen Arial Ascension, depress the special attack button while simultaneously holding the control stick upwards. For most characters, this will result in a unique third (!!!) jump. Absolutely incredible.

These techniques are going to revolutionize tournament play.

lolololololol

Myst007_teh_newb

Smash Journeyman
New Technique: Arteen Arial Ascension
While on the ground, slam the control stick upwards. Now, while still in the air (<-this is key) lower the control stick back into neutral position, then slam it upwards again. If you get the timing down, you can actually perform a second jump! It works for all characters too, and it also works if you depress the jump button instead of slam the control stick upwards.

New Technique: Arteen Arial Ascension Attack
Immediately after performing the Arteen Arial Ascension, tap the attack button, and you actually perform an attack in the air! After further testing, I discovered that if you tilt the control stick while depressing the attack buttons, you can perform different attacks! Amazing!

New Technique: Arteen Arial Ascension Again
Immediately after performing the Arteen Arial Ascension, depress the special attack button while simultaneously holding the control stick upwards. For most characters, this will result in a unique third (!!!) jump. Absolutely incredible.

These techniques are going to revolutionize tournament play.

lolololololol

Except for the fact that what he discovered was actually a technique. It's as if you didn't read through any of the thread at all and just wanted to post something that thrashed the TC, even though every other post has done so for the last 7 pages. This 'hit-cancelling' business isn't just dash > usmash, kiddo. It's being able to cancel an attack IN MID ANIMATION and follow it up immideitely with an usmash.

OrlanduEX

Smash Lord
Since everyone won't stop being f@ggots about the name, how about someone come up with a new one?

VersatileBJN

Smash Ace
^ Sure.

How about DAL

Dash Attack Link?

or DL, Dash Linking, but that's semi vague sounding imo. I like DAL

what do you guys think?

Good find by the way, DLX.

jdub03

Smash Journeyman
What happened to SWF. It used to be a reputable community, with respectful members. Now its just full of pretentious jerks. I think the influx of casuals is partly to blame for it.

VersatileBJN

Smash Ace
Dash Attack Link(dall)
Linking -Since I don't think any other technique from any smash game had that name it might be fine.
Dash Link(DL)
Dasb Attack Cancel(DAC)

Andromeda

Smash Lord
It will only be a matter of time before "glitch-haters" start calling this cheap. But by the looks of it, it isn't even nearly as easy to perform as a WD, as you have to throw your opponent first, or even as useful.

But good find anyways. The name could've been cooler, though.

OrlanduEX

Smash Lord
I wonder. Is this only useable with up-smash? Can you dash attack into a side or down smash? If you could, Marth would be sick.

VersatileBJN

Smash Ace
^ lol Marth is already guaranteed top 5 pretty much. He doesn't need anything else.

I'll tell you what would be NASTY though. DL into a throw.

The mind game possibilities ^_^

:034:

Smash Hero
I think somebody on the first page mentioned this. It happens in other fighting games and it's called linking.

PB&J

Smash Hero
goodstuff on pointing this out..and people stop hating on the name..i like it..your just jealous u didn't figure it out..anyway i am going to use this alot now..good thread

Warchamp7

Site Owner
Administrator
Premium
Slippi.gg
WAR#912
NNID
Warchamp7
DLX Hit Cancel sounds fine to me. At least you didn't go overboard with some like DanteLink X's 2 Hit Cancel Combo Move *Insert crazy japanese with stupid pose*

Looks very useful, nice discovery

Although people are complaining about the name, should have a new one

Like T-DAUS or something XD (Throw Dash Attack Up Smash :p)

Yeah, my name sucks, but something to that effect would be good I think

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
its good, but just call it linking, hit cancel, or dash cancel. i wonder if sonic can do it... i doubt it since his dash attack is him in a ball

maelstrom218

Smash Lord
Uh. . .this is in every other fighting game in existence. It's called linking/chainging/gatling, where one normal (on the ground attack) can be cancelled into the next. It's nothing new. So why are you throwing out a new name for it?

Mambo

Smash Journeyman
It's something that might not be obvious off the bat so I'd call it a technique for sure and advanced? I don't really care. And just because it's in other fighters, doesn't mean it's in Brawl. Anyways, I'm fine calling it whatever, as long as agreement. Something short like DLink(ing) sounds good.

Mama

Smash Ace
Uh. . .this is in every other fighting game in existence. It's called linking/chainging/gatling, where one normal (on the ground attack) can be cancelled into the next. It's nothing new. So why are you throwing out a new name for it?
Not to mention that it was in a thread way before this. The only viable reason is its new to Smash though I hate the name he wants to give it lol.

ndm508

Smash Journeyman
You know, I only read the first post, these other eight pages better be nothing than making fun of the name of this move.

BananaHammock

Smash Journeyman
First off: LavisFiend, I love you and your posts.

Second: Don't go naming well established fighting game mechanics after yourself. This is called Gatling (in some games people call it linking too). Certain moves Gatling into other moves. Fighting games use this all the time. While it's good to know it's in Brawl, you shouldn't name it after yourself. It already has a name.

Good find though, really. I'm glad you found it and posted it.

However, I think I'm going with LavisFiend and calling it submarine...:)

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
Well, at first I was going to disregard your post based on you stating that you were "Pro" while nobody knows you (you should take note that stuff like that causes you to lose credibility) but I decided to humor myself by watching the video. And I must say, that's a great find, and although you shouldn't name it after yourself, it's still something that will become very useful.

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
guys that guy is PRO melee

awesome find though, more vids with more chars n better camera angle plz that was silly

Top Bottom