• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Technique: Stage Scarring - "Real Creative!"

Bocks

Smash Apprentice
My friend and I have done this a few times too, and it kinda relates... if you do the Forward B into some place in the ledge, you do what looks like a waveland... I don't know how we did it, and we couldn't find a viable answer, but this really interested me...
you'll find this explained better in other posts, i think i wrote something on it in ym thread and i also think some other dude did in his called advanced ledge tactics or something and he has a video

BlackYoshi7

Smash Apprentice
Excellent, excellent discovery. His best way to get off the ledge, period.

Does anyone know why this happens? Weird physics/clipping glitch with the Wolf Illusion or something?

Corin, just tap left then smash right and b. You should be able to get it with practice. Just go to training and set goals for yourself. 5 without screwing up, then 10, and so on. If you do screw up, you restart your count.

Twilightwolf

Smash Cadet
Also want to add that it works on Pirate Ship, but it doesn't seem to work on stages with pass-through floors. i.e. Delphino Plaza and Halberd, but I might have the timing wrong.

Just one more stage makes a difference. I should post a complete list...

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
Okay, Scar... I think the ego is going to have to stop here. Many people were aware of this before you brought it up and I think it is a little unfair for you to claim full discovery of this "technique". However, that's not even the main issue. You aren't awesome. Calm down before your ego hurts someone, quite possibly yourself. Yes, cool move. Yes, thanks for sharing, but about every other post you spout pompous nonsense.

On a different note, I myself have done this a few times in real matches. Works well.

Scar

#HarveyDent
lol Thanks for taking what I posted on an internet message board completely seriously.

I'll take your advice and stop being an arrogant jerk to a completely unrealistic degree, so unrealistic in fact that one might question how seriously said arrogant jerk actually takes himself.

btw People find things before the person credited with the discovery all the time. The point of this is sharing it with the community. All the rest is me enjoying life/myself/my status as a respected smasher member of an awesome community.

DarkLouis331

Smash Lord
This is a great discovery...I've caught my opponents off guard a few times and I ended up winning the matches.

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
lol Thanks for taking what I posted on an internet message board completely seriously.

I'll take your advice and stop being an arrogant jerk to a completely unrealistic degree, so unrealistic in fact that one might question how seriously said arrogant jerk actually takes himself.

btw People find things before the person credited with the discovery all the time. The point of this is sharing it with the community. All the rest is me enjoying life/myself/my status as a respected smasher member of an awesome community.
Ouch. I felt that. Despite being well said, I think that is totally uncalled for, but then again, perphaps what I said is as well. Let's not get to aggressive here. I just have a terrible thing against pompous **** heads. Not that I find you to be one, but the arrogance steaming from your otherwise spammy posts just bothered me.

Look:
I sincerely apologize. Apology accepted?

nightwing2024

Smash Cadet
lol you sound like g-reg. Anyway, great news scar. Its obvious now what's causing Wolf to stand one the edge of the stage instead of grabbing the ledge. (Where he pops up without even doing the illusion) Its this exact technique with different timing: Drop from the ledge, wait a little longer than you would if you were doing the scar thing, side-b and there you have it.

EDIT: The Illusion is now officially one of Wolf's best moves. And definitely the most versatile. Recovery, kill move if sweetspotted, cancellable for mindgames and now this. ****.

EDIT 2: I just noticed something else while practising this on Yoshi's Island. You guys know the little incline on the sides of the level? Stand on there and do a side-b towards the centre of the stage. You'll do a Fox/Falco Illusion and be able to sweetspot people who are standing on the ground. Can also be done on Delfino Plaza on the sandy part. Situational yes, but useful at times. Its the little things.
I found this out in All-Star mode with Wolf, when I was fooling around in the rest area. I accidentally did it when I was on the right side of the teleporter, and you always Fox/Falco Illusion across it. Never thought to do it on the edge of the stage though. Nice find, and a badass name.

Scar

#HarveyDent
I sincerely apologize. Apology accepted?
Sincere apology not necessary, I'm not upset haha. I just respond to people in the same manner as I'm approached. To all the people who think this name is awesome, you're probably right.

Also, to all the people who think this is a bad name, you're probably right.

vhalros

Smash Rookie
If we need another name, may I suggest "corner cutting"? It is more descriptive. "Stage scaring" is not bad, except it sounds like some kinda scorched earth tactic. I'm not especially invested either way.

sgt. fuzz

Smash Cadet
Wow, this is extremely useful. Thanks for sharing. I'm working on a video right now, it'll be on youtube soon.

sgt. fuzz

Smash Cadet
...I wasn't really trying to make the Best 1337 VID EVER. Just an informative one for reference.

kungfurabbits

Smash Apprentice
I'm having a weird problem with this. Sometimes, I do it right. Sometimes I will appear immediately on the edge with no lag afterwards, sometimes I sort of land on the side and fall but have my jumps back.

PR3Y11

Smash Journeyman
I'm having a weird problem with this. Sometimes, I do it right. Sometimes I will appear immediately on the edge with no lag afterwards, sometimes I sort of land on the side and fall but have my jumps back.
was gona reply to this but Bock's vid says it all XD

Crocuta

Smash Rookie
Eh, I've watched Bocks vid but nine times out of ten I do the ledge canceled illusion instead of the scar. I'm hanging on the edge, I tap back to get off the ledge and instantly do sideB but it doesn't seem to work.

On a side note does anyone know what the real application of the illusion cancel is? Not sure if that's the right name but I mean when you press B right after doing sideB

Scar

#HarveyDent
The application there is if you're about to illusion into, say, someone's FSmash and you don't want to go quite that far. You shorten it so you don't get hit in the face with your predictable sideB.

PR3Y11

Smash Journeyman
Eh, I've watched Bocks vid but nine times out of ten I do the ledge canceled illusion instead of the scar. I'm hanging on the edge, I tap back to get off the ledge and instantly do sideB but it doesn't seem to work.

On a side note does anyone know what the real application of the illusion cancel is? Not sure if that's the right name but I mean when you press B right after doing sideB
illusion cancel is more of a mindgame thing...... you could also use it to space for attacks but because there's the lag after it.... it's not used primarily for setting up attacks though ... i find it's most useful for mindgame recoveries =]

Bocks

Smash Apprentice
illusion cancel goes further horizontally than reg side-b, u just gotta use ti higher in ur jump, when ur on the ground i find no use for it

WhiteZER0

Smash Apprentice
Just a little quick fact as to why this works. Not that it affects the technique in anyway, but just felt like pointing out why (if it's already been pointed out, I missed it. I'm to bloody lazy to read EVERYthing XD)

Wolf's Dash is angled, right? Well, the reason he is able to pull this technique off is because of this (as all of you already know). But I went to training and slowed down the playtime to the slowest, and I found something (probably not the first one, but I'm just stating). He doesn't go THROUGH the stage, he goes over the ledge. He just goes at such a speed that makes it seem like it's going through it. So it's not really abusing the game or glitching it, it's just something that happens to work. Because of this, there could be a way to negate this 'Scarring' if the opponent is quick enough.

Just thought I'd point that out to anyone who wants to work against this. A friend and I have tried this, and it's possible to counter if you're quick enough.

(P.S. Haven't posted in several months, so decided to start here XD)

Scar

#HarveyDent
I'm glad we're splitting hairs as to what is and what isn't a glitch. Wavedashing was not a glitch, and I hope this thread doesn't go down that road but these things aren't going to ruin the game.

Also, illusion is too fast to react to. No one is going to stop it without predicting it.

WhiteZER0

Smash Apprentice
... 0__0...

I wasn't saying anything about ruining the game. Gawsh, I'm sick of that 'glitch' argument now XD Don't react so harshly, i was merely stating a fact, that's all.

Anyways, once enough people know of the whole 'Stage Scarring' thing, people will begin to learn how to react before it can completely take place, y'know? We've learned to counter things before, this is no different.

Top Bottom