• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New tech?

Casuallydark

Smash Rookie
Hi I'm really new to actually playing smash melee, but I have been watching for about a year now. I play peach and my friend (who I shall refer to as ppk) plays Dr. Mario. While playing he used side b while I was off stage and hit me right as I used double jump, this caused me to get about twice the height I regularly can with my double jump and sent me all the way mid stage from the height. Noticing this ppk and I tried to test it out after telling him what I saw. Our results were that we do gain not only twice the height of dj but if you time it right you can also get twice the height of a regular jump too. We tried several character's with some being not so useful (jiggly puff) to some who nearly touch the blast zone from the distance. It also works in the air. We are both new to melee and considering that doc is very underplayed we tried looking at it online and couldn't find anything.

If anyone can tell me if this is known or not that would be great.
-dark

Drunken Hotei

Smash Rookie
Slippi.gg
JEDI#175
While playing he used side b while I was off stage and hit me right as I used double jump, this caused me to get about twice the height I regularly can with my double jump and sent me all the way mid stage from the height. Noticing this ppk and I tried to test it out after telling him what I saw. Our results were that we do gain not only twice the height of dj but if you time it right you can also get twice the height of a regular jump too.
A clip would probably help a lot. It sounds like you just got knocked up into the air by the collision.

Last edited:
Top Bottom