• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New tech Meta knights "back dash"

BigBrotherBlade

Smash Rookie
Its basically some form of step dash, although its done during his turn around animation, i found this by accident during a tournament as i noticed meta knight got propelled forward from his up tilt when i turned around during the dash. After some practice i was able to do it again.
P.S its really easy to execute, although the length will vary, a perfect back dash can push you pretty far

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4tE0IAFxMI&feature=youtu.be

Last edited:

Freakzoid9000MS

Smash Cadet
NNID
Lukeduke5456
Its basically some form of step dash, although its done during his turn around animation, i found this by accident during a tournament as i noticed meta knight got propelled forward from his up tilt when i turned around during the dash. After some practice i was able to do it again.
P.S its really easy to execute, although the length will vary, a perfect back dash can push you pretty far

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4tE0IAFxMI&feature=youtu.be
This has already been found since like the release of the game. It's a movement option that everyone has, some better than others (i.e. Meta knight). It's classified as the slingshot iirc

MudkipUniverse

Smash Ace
NNID
VolcanicAsh
yeah this is pretty easy & well known. I've definitely screwed around with it and have occasionally used it in match

New_Dumal

Smash Lord
NNID
NewTouchdown
I'm used to Perfect Pivot UTilt as a good option to catch landings from far above, but this option would probably mess up the opponent expectations. Mainly because it's very commom to people go wild to punish this slow dash turnarounds so this option together with DTilt or UTilt (even Ftilt mixups) can probably result into a kill.
What are the inputs to this ? It's possible after every turnaround ? Any action ? DSmash seems cool too.

Top Bottom