• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Tech/Easter Eggs in Project M 3.6 Beta!

KhanYe

Smash Journeyman
If you haven't heard already, the Project M Dev Team dropped the beta of Project M 3.6 on June 23rd. Since then, many players have been sifting through a myriad of new features and balance changes to find new and interesting additions to the game. In a matter of three days, Project M players have already been discovering new tidbits left and right. Below are three things that players have already discovered in Project M 3.6 Beta.

So very pretty.

New Ledgegrab Tech

On June 24th, Reddit user 0ctavarium posted his discovery of a new, quick means of grabbing ledge in /r/ssbpm. Youtube user Fittlebug001 uploaded a video of this tech, which allows for an extremely quick means of grabbing ledge with a relatively simple input. This could possibly improve edgeguards by providing a very fast, easy means of grabbing ledge from stage.

New Secret Lucas Taunt

Rather than ruin this majestic new secret taunt for you, I'll just let you watch it. This taunt is an homage to the Wess dance in Mother 3, and it packs a rather surprising punch at the end of the taunt. If someone harnesses this taunt correctly, maybe in a doubles format, legends say Strong Bad will cry a single tear of joy and Gfycats will rain from the heavens.

New Secret DK Taunt

This taunt, while it doesn't have a hitbox like Lucas's, should give Nintendo fans a great deal of nostalgia. This taunt is a nod to the dance Donkey Kong does in the DK Rap in popular N64 game Donkey Kong 64. This stylish taunt is done by lightly tapping the down taunt input.

The PMDT has indicated that although players have already discovered a plethora of easter eggs in this new version of Project M, there is still much left that is undiscovered. Along with the new Zero to Death mode, Auto L-Cancel mode for more casual players, and the assortment of new aesthetic changes to the ever-popular mod, this version is poised to be one of the best versions thus far. What's your favorite feature of Project M 3.6?

KhanYe will forever mourn 3.5 Lucario. Be sad with me on Twitter @aymangolassi.

Last edited:

Depster

Smash Champion
Is that really a new ledgegrab tech for PM or did people just not know you could do that? That's always how Brawl worked. I actually don't know, I never tried doing it in PM before now.

shapular

Smash Ace
So the "new tech" is a thing that was already in Brawl and probably only gotten reintroduced as a glitch (because the 3.6 beta is very buggy), and will probably be taken out when the real version of 3.6 comes out?

K.

FPSWalrus

Smash Ace
NNID
TehKingOfWalrus
No, I'm serious, I didn't want any changes that would make him play any differently, the only the thing they change was a momentum glitch.
what would you add to marth then in a perfect world
cause I second marth and he gets around just fine already

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
I object to Auto L-cancel mode being advertised as "for more casual players".

We really need another term for people who don't like overly-complex inputs, because I have never seen "casual" used as anything but an insulting slur.

Last edited:

DestinNotDustin

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
5172-3310-2014

We really need another term for people who don't like overly-complex inputs, because I have never seen "casual" used as anything but an insulting slur.
What word would you use instead?

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero

I have never seen casual used as an insult as you seem to believe. If you feel insulted by the term "casual," you're sensitivity settings may need to be adjusted.

Plebiscuit

Smash Cadet
Slippi.gg
CARL#168
To be fair, casual isn't the right term in this situation imo.
So what, then, would you call someone who has trouble pressing buttons as quickly as the game allows, or just doesn't want to bother with difficult inputs? There really isn't a better word. "Casuals" may sound insulting, but "casual players" is accurate.

Infinite901

Smash Ace
NNID
Infinite901
3DS FC
3282-4624-0341
L-canceling isn't even that hard though. I learned it 3 days ago and it's already near second nature to me.

Regardless, it's nice that they added it in. It shouldn't be tournament standard, but it does help fix the whole Turbo thing.

CelloLuCC

Smash Apprentice
So what, then, would you call someone who has trouble pressing buttons as quickly as the game allows, or just doesn't want to bother with difficult inputs? There really isn't a better word. "Casuals" may sound insulting, but "casual players" is accurate.
A casual is someone who plays the game casually, or someone who doesn't play competively. Not being able to push a button with a correct timing does not make them a casual nor competitive player. Just look at Borp, he doesn't use any ATs and he still plays at tourneys.

Chlorine

Smash Rookie
NNID
Mikevoss7
3DS FC
4098-4453-7864
Switch FC
SW-1621-8523-1138
If you haven't heard already, the Project M Dev Team dropped the beta of Project M 3.6 on June 23rd. Since then, many players have been sifting through a myriad of new features and balance changes to find new and interesting additions to the game. In a matter of three days, Project M players have already been discovering new tidbits left and right. Below are three things that players have already discovered in Project M 3.6 Beta.

So very pretty.

New Ledgegrab Tech

On June 24th, Reddit user 0ctavarium posted his discovery of a new, quick means of grabbing ledge in /r/ssbpm. Youtube user Fittlebug001 uploaded a video of this tech, which allows for an extremely quick means of grabbing ledge with a relatively simple input. This could possibly improve edgeguards by providing a very fast, easy means of grabbing ledge from stage.

New Secret Lucas Taunt

Rather than ruin this majestic new secret taunt for you, I'll just let you watch it. This taunt is an homage to the Wess dance in Mother 3, and it packs a rather surprising punch at the end of the taunt. If someone harnesses this taunt correctly, maybe in a doubles format, legends say Strong Bad will cry a single tear of joy and Gfycats will rain from the heavens.

New Secret DK Taunt

This taunt, while it doesn't have a hitbox like Lucas's, should give Nintendo fans a great deal of nostalgia. This taunt is a nod to the dance Donkey Kong does in the DK Rap in popular N64 game Donkey Kong 64. This stylish taunt is done by lightly tapping the down taunt input.

The PMDT has indicated that although players have already discovered a plethora of easter eggs in this new version of Project M, there is still much left that is undiscovered. Along with the new Zero to Death mode, Auto L-Cancel mode for more casual players, and the assortment of new aesthetic changes to the ever-popular mod, this version is poised to be one of the best versions thus far. What's your favorite feature of Project M 3.6?

KhanYe will forever mourn 3.5 Lucario. Be sad with me on Twitter @aymangolassi.
I think Charizard may have gotten a buff.

Top Bottom