• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New survey finds Nintendo Switch broadening the console market

fb-switch-1280x720.jpg

In Interprets New Media Measure survey, they found that in 2019, 12% of Nintendo Switch owners had no other consoles in their household. For 2020, that figure ended up being 25%. Interpret has inferred that this is as big of an expansion as the original Wii. Nintendo has cited parents as a factor of that, and that the 45-64 age group has spent 15% more on games than in 2019.

The Nintendo Switch has been outselling the Xbox One and PlayStation 4 for the past two years - Market experts believe that, despite the release of the PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X, momentum for the Nintendo Switch will keep up for a while. Many speculate, both on Interpret and other sites, that Nintendo will release another updated version of the Switch to coincide with the regular Switch and the Switch Lite. With these market results, it is likely that the Switch is here to stay, for the foreseeable future.

Author's Note: Wow. Switch sales are certainly something. I'm shocked to see how much Ring Fit Adventure has boosted all of this, but not too shocked. Who knows what's next? Maybe more risks from Nintendo? Let us know what you would like to see down in the comments.

Lucas "Thirdkoopa" Guimaraes

Comments

I actually would like to see Splatoon 1 Deluxe on the Switch to revitalize the Splatoon community.
Not that Splatoon 2 isn't still active, but the updates are definitely finished.
Splatoon 1 had many flaws, mainly the stages and the specials that were broken, so no thanks. Better to give us something fresh, like a new game! =^)

They are working on Splatoon 3, which I hope releases this year on the Switch Pro. I want to escape the dumpster fire that is Splatoon 2 lmao.

Splatoon 2 gets balance updates nowadays, they are just very rare.

Top Bottom