• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Subspace Speculation and ideas

Ace-FoX

Smash Rookie
I, along with many people, fell in love with Subspace and would love to see its return. Most people have just been hoping for it, I have some things that hint toward subspace. The 2 main things I've noticed are 1. At the end of the Ridley trailer ZSS jumps out at Ridley in a very cinematic way and when I saw it I expected a character select to pop up because it looks just like how the characters would end a cutscene and go into the fight. 2. This one is reaching a bit, but if you watch Rob's character trailer there is a clip of him looking down at a bomb when crouched and that could be possibly be a reference to him as the ancient minister back in subspace. These are just things that I have noticed and I would like to know what others think.

Electric-Gecko

Smash Cadet
The biggest difference I want from The Subspace Emissary in Brawl is that most enemies should use percentage rather than HP. Only stationary enemies and perhaps some extra-heavy ones should use HP. Others have suggested bosses in this thread, although not necessarily for Adventure Mode. In addition, there should be better enemy AI, as the Subspace Emissary had zombie AI.

As for the story; I was thinking of something where you get to alternate playing as the heroes and villains. You may fight Link as Ganondorf one level, and switch roles to fight Ganondorf as Link later on. But others may have better ideas.

PS: I recommend changing this topic's title to "New Adventure Mode speculation". Even in Brawl, the menu said "Adventure Mode: The Subspace Emissary". This new adventure mode will have a different title.

Last edited:
Top Bottom