• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Style Boutique - Style Savvy for Smash Switch!

Gioka

Smash Journeyman
Yes, it bodes well for characters that could have various alts like a Style Savvy rep, also I was checking dates and Style Savvy games have usually come out with around 3 years difference between each installment, since the last one came out in 2017 we could very much get one for 2020 or at least an announcement for 2021

KatKit

Smash Lord
Honestly, if The Stylist got in, she'd use every single one of those slots lol. She'd deserve it, too.

But yeah, placeholders or not, that's interesting news about the potential costumes.

Night Gale

Smash Ace
It's not as polished as Style Boutique but the makers of Nicola Kanshuu: Model have a game on the Switch called Model Debut. Will this **** get a US release? Probably not. Here's a trailer.

As for Style Savvy, it seems like Nintendo is trying to push this **** into obscurity. Since it draws a large casual audience, many of its fans aren't outspoken. It is deceptively more trendy than it appears to be.

Sign me up. My ex-boyfriend gave me Fashion Forward as a birthday gift. My initial reaction to the present was you don't know me at all but it turned out to be a thoughtful holy **** you know me better than myself situation. Fashion Forward is the best one imo.

However, if it becomes mainstream there will be a small price to pay. I used to frequent the Style Savvy reddit and it is a community of women and gay men only, so I am going to miss that ****.

Last edited:

Flyboy

Smash Hero
It's not as polished as Style Boutique but the makers of Nicola Kanshuu: Model have a game on the Switch called Model Debut. Will this **** get a US release? Probably not. Here's a trailer.

As for Style Savvy, it seems like Nintendo is trying to push this **** into obscurity. Since it draws a large casual audience, many of its fans aren't outspoken. It is deceptively more trendy than it appears to be.

Sign me up. My ex-boyfriend gave me Fashion Forward as a birthday gift. My initial reaction to the present was you don't know me at all but it turned out to be a thoughtful holy **** you know me better than myself situation. Fashion Forward is the best one imo.

However, if it becomes mainstream there will be a small price. I used to frequent the Style Savvy reddit and it is a community of women and gay men, so I am going to miss that ****.
Fashion Forward is my favorite too!! I'm really hoping that Nintendo sees this and gets us a new Style Savvy game. ;)

It's funny because with Brain Age and Layton's Mystery Journey and Ring Fit Adventure all hitting Switch I think everyone's realizing that there's a large casual install base worth marketing towards with the Switch, I can only hope that this leads to good things for us Style Savvy fans. I didn't even realize there was a Style Savvy Reddit - I should check it out.

KatKit

Smash Lord
As for Style Savvy, it seems like Nintendo is trying to push this **** into obscurity.
They are. But a Style Savvy Switch/Smash reveal will be the ultimate (pun intended) "We've changed our old ways" move they can pull. And it'll be awesome. There are people who otherwise wouldn't have played if it wasn't for a couple of songs in Smash. Imagine the impact a full-on character would do for the series?

Anyway, if/when a new game comes out, that subreddit will be wayyy more active than it is ATM (and at the very least, ya know it's a thing now, Fly, so it'll be on your radar when the time comes).

The year is almost over, so I'm hoping we get a reveal soon, but there's always next year. I'm positive that it's gonna happen eventually though. I've explained why a couple of times in this very thread alone.

Personally, I love how each game offers a unique experience, instead of being straight up upgrades that make playing older ones pointless. Hmmm.... if I had to pick a fav, I guess it'd be a 2-way tie between Fashion Forward and Styling Star, but I enjoy all 4 for different reasons. Yes, even the first one.

Model Debut #Nicola looks interesting but... that ain't it chief lol.

Last edited:

Flyboy

Smash Hero

Night Gale

Smash Ace
Reminder that Xmas is the anniversary of the North American release of Styling Star. Give a surprise announcement, Nintendo. A s***load of handheld titles are migrating to Switch.

To keep the conversation going, does anyone have a favorite style(s)? That includes mixing them.

Last edited:

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Reminder that Xmas is the anniversary of the North American release of Styling Star. Give a surprise announcement, Nintendo. A s***load of handheld titles are migrating to Switch.

To keep the conversation going, does anyone have a favorite style(s)? That includes mixing them.
I'm so glad you posted in here because now I can say that there have been some big rumors about a new Style Savvy game being retooled to be on the Switch rather than the 3DS and I'm hoping they pan out. There's also some rumors about new New Style Boutique info being recently found in the source code on the Nintendo website but I don't have any updates or sources on that.

As for styles, I love what Sophie wears. Understated yet cute. It's so fresh.

Night Gale

Smash Ace
Really? That's news to me. I'll ask Ri about it later because she keeps track of s*** like that. I hope the rumors turn out to be true but even if they don't it seems inevitable.

Good answer. Sophie wears a lot of Baby Doll clothing. It's cute. I definitely f*** around with the Baby Doll/Lolita/Feminine fashion, but I also like the Pop/Rock/Chic style, since it's kind of how I dress irl. lmao

Last edited:

KatKit

Smash Lord
I'm glad Gale bumped it as well, Fly, because 1. We all get to talk about more Style Savvy and 2. I didn't even know about that (and I check for news on the regular), ahaha. That's super interesting. Thanks for the update, amiga, and please keep us posted! Regardless, the fan demand is there and Style Savvy would be perfect for the Switch. I think it'll happen one day and I think we'll get an official announcement soon enough.

In-game it's a combination of flirty, feminine, basic (this is a misnomer!) and chic. I also really like some preppy and boho-chic items. Eastern is very hit-or-miss; a lot of the dresses are good, but some of the patterns and clothing can be gawdy, so overall it's a hot mess. Everything else ranges from cool to adorable.

IRL, it just depends on my mood and the setting; I could dress for dang near any occasion and my wardrobe is VAST lol.

Really? That's news to me. I'll ask Ri about it later because she keeps track of s*** like that. I hope the rumors turn out to be true but even if they don't it seems inevitable.
At the very least, I sensed something happening in the force, but sorry for being out the loop for once. D:
I also like the Pop/Rock/Chic style, since it's kind of how I dress irl. lmao
I think it's more like a basic, bold, rock, and edgy hybrid, if anything, total stranger. :p

EDIT: Speaking of Sophie... I lowkey wouldn't mind if we got an Elma type scenario where we'd get her instead of The Stylist. I can't speak for everyone, but I'm pretty sure that most of us would probably be okay if that happened lol.

Last edited:

Flyboy

Smash Hero
EDIT: Speaking of Sophie... I lowkey wouldn't mind if we got an Elma type scenario where we'd get her instead of The Stylist. I can't speak for everyone, but I'm pretty sure that most of us would probably be okay if that happened lol.
Well, she's my favorite character in the series so I'd definitely be up for it! I think Stylist would provide more varied alts, but Sophie would rep my favorite game in the series and she really does have one of my favorite designs once you give her the hat.

Night Gale

Smash Ace
Bish, a majority of your usual s*** is colorful and conservative. That is all.

Though she does have more clothes she's never worn than my entire collection, but that doesn't count. Online shopping was a mistake.

Well, she's my favorite character in the series so I'd definitely be up for it! I think Stylist would provide more varied alts, but Sophie would rep my favorite game in the series and she really does have one of my favorite designs once you give her the hat.
They can compromise by giving her outfits and skin tones based on other characters. Though knowing Masahiro Sakurai, we may end up with f***ing Dominic.

Last edited:

KatKit

Smash Lord
Though knowing Masahiro Sakurai, we may end up with f***ing Dominic.
We'd get Grace over him. Don't get me wrong... I really like Dominic, and any Style Savvy rep is better than none, but I would be sooo salty if that happened, ahaha. No joke, I'd think Sakurai was borderline sexist if he ignored a mascot/poster girl, the female avatar protagonists, a character that could fill-in as a protagonist like Sophie, a recurring mentor like Grace, any of the five main gals (but especially Angelique) in Styling Star, etc. for a boss/love interest guy like Dominic. And why Dominic specifically? Are there at least Brad and Ricky alternate costumes? I would still main the heck out him if this happened but... why?!?!

Obviously you aren't serious, but don't even joke like that, fam.

Bish, a majority of your usual s*** is colorful and conservative. That is all.

Though she does have more clothes she's never worn than my entire collection, but that doesn't count. Online shopping was a mistake.
Calm down, Joan Rivers. :secretkpop: To clarify, her description is an oversimplification at best.

I'll gladly give you a hand-me-down, if ya ask nicely. :p It's a blessing and a curse. D:

Okay... Timeout, fam. This is hella spam and borderline flaming/trolling, so it has to stop. Plus this thread is sacred and it should be neutral territory. We're all here for Style Savvy, let's keep it that way please. Thanks.

Last edited:

zumaddy

Smash Ace
Style Savvy is my 100% guilty pleasure series, played and enjoyed every game. We need more songs at the very least, but a whole character could be fun and creative.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
I've never play those games, and honestly I'm not really interested to play them, but I would enjoy a Style savvy rep in Smash. She would be pretty much everything that I like about a newcomer: original character, new first party franchise to Smash and a female character. To be fair I don't think it will happen considering the direction that the dlc have taken, but the idea sounds fun enough and I would be excited if it happen.

KatKit

Smash Lord
Style Savvy is my 100% guilty pleasure series, played and enjoyed every game. We need more songs at the very least, but a whole character could be fun and creative.
There's nothing guilty about it, amiga. It's fun for everyone! Glad to hear ya enjoy it though. And I agree... more songs would be great as well as a fighter.

I've never play those games, and honestly I'm not really interested to play them, but I would enjoy a Style savvy rep in Smash. She would be pretty much everything that I like about a newcomer: original character, new first party franchise to Smash and a female character. To be fair I don't think it will happen considering the direction that the dlc have taken, but the idea sounds fun enough and I would be excited if it happen.
Thanks for your support! Your reasons are partly why she appeals to me.

BTW, feel free to try a game out. The general consensus with people who actually give the games a chance is that they're wayyy better than they thought it'd be. It's definitely worth checking out.

Most reviews end up sounding something like This one. "I had no idea this would interest someone like me. I wasn't expecting to fall in love with this." Even zumaddy considers it a guilty pleasure of hers, which implies that it probably isn't her usual cup of tea. And despite her wise older sister begging her to try it out way before that, Night Gale wasn't receptive until she received it as a present.

Personally, it's my go-to series whenever I want a fun, stress-free gaming experience or to just kill time. Granted, I love when games have dress up elements in them (I've spent more time messing with Tekken and Soul Calibur's character creators than fighting, e.g.) The music is also nice, which is probably why it has more songs in Smash than most 1st party series with no playable reps.

Last edited:

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
Yeah I guess I should try them out sometime to have a better opinion on them, but it's really not the type of game that I usually play. For example, I tried to get into Animal crossing but I didn't really enjoy it. But now that I'm thinking about it, I love character customisation in video games (like in Pokémon shield it's one of my favorite part of the game and I spend way too much money changing my character). Maybe if there's a Switch game I would give it a try.

Night Gale

Smash Ace
And despite her wise older sister begging her to try it out way before that
You're never going to let me live that down, huh? This was supposed to be Switzerland, betch! ¡No me molestes!

Yeah I guess I should try them out sometime to have a better opinion on them, but it's really not the type of game that I usually play. For example, I tried to get into Animal crossing but I didn't really enjoy it. But now that I'm thinking about it, I love character customisation in video games (like in Pokémon shield it's one of my favorite part of the game and I spend way too much money changing my character). Maybe if there's a Switch game I would give it a try.
Style Savvy is more like Persona 3 Portable except for dungeons it's a store simulator and there is a s***load of customization and replay value. It is not like Animal Crossing. The impression that I got from marketing was wrong. It is a damn good game and I am not easily satisfied.

With that being said, it isn't for everyone. Though if you enjoy character customization, chances are that this might be for you.

It's worth trying out and if you get it for Switch one day, let us know how it turned out.

Last edited:

Oddball

Smash Lord
There are a bunch of games I like that fall into that "not the type I normally play" category. Ya' gotta open yourself up to new experiences. Sometimes you can find some real gems going outside of your comfort zone.

zumaddy

Smash Ace
There are a bunch of games I like that fall into that "not the type I normally play" category. Ya' gotta open yourself up to new experiences. Sometimes you can find some real gems going outside of your comfort zone.
I agree, I have some preferred genres but some of my fave games are all over the place from different devs. At one point the 3rd SS/NSB game and Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate were my most played 3DS games outside of Animal Crossing and you can't get two more different games than that lol.

So... what look would you want the Stylist to have in Smash? Ideally I'd love like 8 full costumes like Inkling but it's a bit much to ask. I love the red haired girl in the dress on the NSB2 cover.

Last edited:

Oddball

Smash Lord
So... what look would you want the Stylist to have in Smash? Ideally I'd love like 8 full costumes like Inkling but it's a bit much to ask. I love the red haired girl in the dress on the NSB2 cover.
I'm all for the Stylist having a different costume for each alt rather than just a color swap.

Still, the default look should be this...

Attachments

Flyboy

Smash Hero
I don't think you can go wrong with any of the stylists and she definitely needs eight unique looks, but I'm super fond of Sophie as mentioned but also I love the girl on the cover of Fashion Forward!

Night Gale

Smash Ace
She should have 16 alternates to choose from. 1 per game cover and each region: JP, EU, and NA, for a total of 10, since one of the European covers was a goddamn shoe, and there's some Fashion Forward overlap. The default look, as well as 2 other costumes, will be from the upcoming Girls Mode 5/Style Boutique/Style Savvy, taking the total up to 13. The remaining 3 costumes will be based off of 3 characters because I f***ed up my math and need the total to equal 16. I nominate these betches.

Perfectly balanced.

Alternatively, they let us dress this bish up like a Mii and she comes bundled with a bunch of shoes, clothing, accessories and hair styles you can mix and match.

Last edited:

Luminario

Smash Lord
If we're in need of alts, this video gives us it. Between the main model and the 6 poster girls for the different styles of fashion in Trendsetters, we have 7 great variations. The final slot could then be filled by one of the other models at the end or literally anyone from the games (my personal choice is Angelique).
Also the music in the vid is bangin and I need an extended version in Smash.

KatKit

Smash Lord
I like the idea of showing off different styles, and I also like the idea of her having more costumes than everyone else on the roster with 16. With that in mind, this is what I think it should be:

1. Basic style
2. An Asian-inspired outfit (I love me a good qipao)
3. A mature, high-end celebrity outfit (w/ bob cut)
4. An athletic, sporty look (w/ ponytail)
5. A dark-colored, gothic inspired outfit
6. Earthy, boho-chic (w/ long, wavy hair)
7. The preppy look (w/ glasses)
8. That edgy, rock and roll look (w/sunglasses and double Dutch braids)
9. Either a colorful, girly outfit, or pajamas
10. Lolita dress (with giant bow or headdress and long, straight hair)
11. Glitz/glamor (w/ hat); has to scream fabulous and over-the-top
12. Retro; inspired after an oldschool style, but still trendy
13. Vintage; straight up oldschool. Something very out of style, but still snazzy (complete w/ outdated hairdo)
14. Business attire
15. Sailor uniform; gotta have that one fun, blatantly playing dress-up outfit
16. A hip-hop inspired outfit (perhaps with a hoodie)

As for music, I think they should throw in a couple "that sounds like it's from a magical girl anime" type songs, to spice things up. Style Savvy's music is more varied than the (great) songs that are already represented in Smash. These would lowkey make really cool battle songs lol.

Last edited:

Night Gale

Smash Ace
1. Basic style
2. An Asian-inspired outfit (I love me a good qipao)
3. A mature, high-end celebrity outfit (w/ bob cut)
4. An athletic, sporty look (w/ ponytail)
5. A dark-colored, gothic inspired outfit
6. Earthy, boho-chic (w/ long, wavy hair)
7. The preppy look (w/ glasses)
8. That edgy, rock and roll look (w/sunglasses and double Dutch braids)
9. Either a colorful, girly outfit, or pajamas
10. Lolita dress (with giant bow or headdress and long, straight hair)
11. Glitz/glamor (w/ hat); has to scream fabulous and over-the-top
12. Retro; inspired after an oldschool style, but still trendy
13. Vintage; straight up oldschool. Something very out of style, but still snazzy (complete w/ outdated hairdo)
14. Business attire
15. Sailor uniform; gotta have that one fun, blatantly playing dress-up outfit
16. A hip-hop inspired outfit (perhaps with a hoodie)
Not bad, Ri. I, for one, would main the hell out of the sleepwear costume. Although I would swap the business attire for winter clothing, merge the glam/celebrity look to make room for a boyish outfit, and axe the sailor costume for another fantasy one.

This s*** conveniently covers a lot of archetypes; it would almost make up for the lack of women in the roster. lmao

Anywho I want a Fight For Your Style remix in Super Smash simply because that title was deliberate and trying to foreshadow something. :bowsette:

Last edited:

zumaddy

Smash Ace
I'm trying to make a Mii Fighter to represent the Stylist, but there's not a lot of great clothing options and the two that look OK are from Mii Gunner which isn't ideal. I was hoping to make her a Mii Brawler where she could throw hands lmao

There's so many cool clothing items they made for the series, it'd be a shame if she didn't get 8 full alts of different pieces.

D

Deleted member

Alright, I’ve read the moveset at the first post of the thread and I like what I see.

Sure, count me in as someone who would like a Style Savvy rep.

zumaddy

Smash Ace
Here's two palette costumes I made for the NSB2/Girls Mode 3 stylist! There's some differences between the two so I went with the Girls Mode art.

Oddball

Smash Lord
Here's two palette costumes I made for the NSB2/Girls Mode 3 stylist! There's some differences between the two so I went with the Girls Mode art.
I feel like her Smash symbol needs glitter or sparkles.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914

Love it, these are what is the word I am looking for?

Fantabulous!

zumaddy

Smash Ace
SAVVY.png

I'm no great artist, but I want to keep this thread alive so here's my attempt at fanart :) I got the Smash Bros font from here: https://fontmeme.com/super-smash-bros-font/ I want to spruce it up a bit later with a nicer background and maybe an icon but here's what I got so far as an amateur.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
If someone could remind me, Style Savvy is rumored to have a new game coming to the Switch, right? I forget the details...

zumaddy

Smash Ace
If someone could remind me, Style Savvy is rumored to have a new game coming to the Switch, right? I forget the details...
Kind of. This is going off of my memory, so some details might be a bit off.

IIRC Imran Khan, former editor of Game Informer (who has gotten some things right/wrong in the past) claimed that another Style Savvy and another FE Remake were supposed to be coming to 3DS at the end of its lifespan, but didn't release and are instead going to be spruced up for a Switch release. Some people find this unlikely to be 100% true as there is a lot pointing to a FE Remake not being in production at all over the last few years.

However, at one of the Investor's Meetings there was a statement that popular casual series from the 3DS would be coming to the Switch due to the Switch Lite's success, specifically mentioning the female demographic. So it's got a good chance even if Khan is wrong.

Last edited:

Oddball

Smash Lord
IIRC Imran Khan, former editor of Game Informer (who has gotten some things right/wrong in the past) claimed that another Style Savvy and another FE Remake were supposed to be coming to 3DS at the end of its lifespan, but didn't release and are instead going to be spruced up for a Switch release. Some people find this unlikely to be 100% true as there is a lot pointing to a FE Remake not being in production at all over the last few years.
Considering all the Fire Emblem stuff that has been in the works, I can forgive them for mistaking something from that as a remake.

I'm just suprised they didn't port any of the games over to the switch yet.

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
Why wasn't this song one of the ones they chose for Smash? It's so good. Also think Fight for your Style would be nice too.

Any news on a Switch game? I know they were hiring people with Unity experience. Sounds like they hired people in March.

I know on their site they said they are focusing on 3 pillars (arcade, consumer, and mobile.) I know their rhythm games are arcade games and Style Savvy is their home console/consumer game. Does anyone know what Syn Sophia has done that's a mobile game? Or is it a google translate mistranslation?

I honestly can't see Style Savvy being a DLC character outside maybe mii costumes because, unfortunately, people would probably be pissed. :(

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
So I played a demo for one of the 3DS Style Savvy games way back when. Although I never got the full game, I remember being pleasently surprised by it. It was a nice change of pace from what I usually played. I'd be okay with a playable character.

Also, for those interested, Twitter has made an effort to document the lesser-known Nintendo characters, including a few from Style Savvy.

Top Bottom