• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Style Boutique - Style Savvy for Smash Switch!

TheYungLink

Smash Lord
So glad more supporters are coming in! I sincerely hope the music track being linked to a blank stage DOES lead to something in the future.

CarbuncleThrowaway

Smash Rookie
My own cent or two for anyone on the fence about the series. Everyone I've seen pick up the games to laugh at it ended up enjoying the games after the fact. The games are a lot of fun for people who likes customization. If not it is also a good shop simulator game for those who are into that as well.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
That's about the MonHun stuff. That's not really what it's all about. From what I understand it's that there's some kind of pointer file elsewhere that points to Ring! Dong! Dang! and some kind of blank or nonexistent file. Unfortunately I can't find any other info about that so it may be false but this particular post doesn't really say anything about it.

The MonHun stuff is how music for the third parties is handled and of course MH comes after MG. People thought it meant they were considered "fighter" songs when in reality it was just how they were organized. Nintendo series' have letters of the alphabet, third parties had their initials.

Last edited:

Manonymous

Smash Journeyman
Guys, I played the first game when I was a kid, and I think that can create interesting moveset for this character ! Hell yeah ! It would be hilarious if they add this character in the game. Come on Nintendo, give us surprises. I want stylish character so I can Swagg Over My Opponent.

Can I be added to the support list ?

zferolie

Smash Hero
Hmmm, this is interesting. I only heard about this potential datamineing info yesterday(I mean i heard Style was missing a spirit but this music tied to a missing stage is interesting)

I never played the games, I honestly just thought it was third party shovel ware like those imagin games haha. Guess I was wrong.

She would be a very interesting character honestly. Very Wii Fit Trainer like, fighting with fasion, and seems super out there and Sakurai would like to do. If Nintendo is picking the DLC, and the series is getting a switch game next year, this could really happen.

Heck, I'll support her. Pretty girls beating people up with the power of make up? Sign me up for that

Manonymous

Smash Journeyman
Does anyone have an another moveset for her ? The one we have isn't bad, it's actually very good, but some variety shouldn't hurt ;) !

Last edited:

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
Does anyone have an another moveset for her ? The one we have isn't bad, it's actually very good, but some variety shouldn't hurt ;) !
Could always crowd-source an idea/brainstorming session. A good place to start would be deciding what niche or role she would be in the game. Grappler? Zoner? Rushdown? FIghting Clown? Joke Fighter? etc.
Another jumping-off point would be thinking of what mechanic or gimmick she might have. Some characters have a moveset based around a gimmick (like Robin or Lucario or Pokemon Trainer) or they have one move that is a bit of a gimmick/specialty. Think of a good way to translate the gameplay of Style Savvy into a moveset mechanic. Focus on how they overcome situations based on their client? Focus on their store/stock management aspect?

I haven't played any style savvy games so I don't feel that confident on settling on a core design philosophy for her. The series is big on customization but I am not sure how that would fit unless She was some weird variation on a stance character. Like have her Side B and Down B have various forms and her neutral B would let you change which of the 2 or 3 variants she was using. Let her current shirt and pants represent which moves are equipped and let her be able to combine any two independently ( like press A while holding neutral B to change pants independently of the top.)
On second thought that sounds very complicated and a hot nightmare to balance.

Any thoughts on what her focus could be as a playable character?

Manonymous

Smash Journeyman
I have an idea for her classic mode :
"Fighting with friends !"

In this classic mode, she will be fighting with other girls characters against demonic/bas guys, like Her&Peach vs Bowser&Bowser Jr. Then her and Palutena vs Dark Pit and a Mini with Viridi costume, her and Samus vs Ridley and Dark Samus, her and Daisy vs Wario, her and Zelda vs Ganondorf.

The final boss would be her and Bayonetta, two girls with strong sense of fashion, fighting Master Hand and Crazy Hand.

KatKit

Smash Lord
Gameplay-wise, I think her role should involve "management". By this, I mean that she could have multiple variations of attacks (think Peach's F-smash) and that she can cycle through them. She'd have moves for many situations, to suit her customer's needs (i.e. beat the crap out of them). She can also have an attack that's extremely weak initially, but gets stronger the more it lands; it'd be the only attack in-game that ignores stale-move negation. I dub that move "sales pitch" (advertisement); something you literally need to spam to make it stronger. That move would be her bread and butter: you will live and die by the sales pitch. Moreover, she'd also have a move or two with limited usage à la Robin's tomes; in-game it would be known as budget (or maybe inventory?). Overall, I imagine her being very versatile, but also complex.

With that in mind, here's examples of what I'm talking about:

Side special: Perfume cloud. Uncharged does small damage. Similar to Piranha Plant's poison, but smaller radius. However, when fully charged, it heals whoever is in range instead of dealing damage.

Foward-Smash: Cycles between a pair of scissors that deals more damage at the tip, a clutch bag that has shorter range but super armor when charged, or a hanger that works like a boomerang projectile but is very punishable.

Neutral special: Wardrobe. Press B to cycle through clothes that function like different projectiles. Think Pacman's fruit. Uncharged you throw a shoe - the ultimate disrespect. Hold it a little longer for more clothing/accessories to make it a multi-hitting attack (think Ridley's fireballs but clothing and wackier physics). When fully charged, you end up throwing an entire outfit that deals decent damage and flies in multiple directions. Stylish. Can be powered up further with Down special.

Down special: Sales pitch (advertisement). She holds up a magazine or something and says things like "Try it on..." and "Take a look!" She'll say things more enthusiastically and the dialogue will get zanier each time it hits. Deals very little damage initially but gets stronger the more it lands. Also powers up neutral special and replenishes budget/inventory.

Pummel: Hits opponent's face with a sponge and starts applying makeup on it. The longer you pummel, the more makeup gets smeared on them. The visual change is purely cosmetic and gradually disappears over time.

Forward-air: Microphone swing. It doubles as a tether recovery.

I imagine her tilts being powerful items (things like furniture and a cellphone that stuns, for example), but only for a limited number of uses. Remember, she's fighting on a budget (her inventory is finite), so when it runs out, she resorts to weaker attacks like slaps, dance moves, model poses, etc.

Her moveset potential is insane. The general idea is to force opponents to approach you by using the healing perfume and throwing clothing at them. Then advertise once they're in range. Conversely, you can fight up close with items from your boutique (including furniture!), and when all else fails, you rely on your smarts, stylish dancing, and glam-to-glam hand-to-hand combat. Obviously her walking animation is going to be a catwalk strut. I actually have an entire moveset in mind, but typing this on a PSVita at the moment lol.

Also, one of her taunts has to be sipping tea like:

Last edited:

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
Gameplay-wise, I think her role should involve "management". By this, I mean that she could have multiple variations of attacks (think Peach's F-smash) and that she can cycle through them. She'd have moves for many situations, to suit her customer's needs (i.e. beat the crap out of them). She can also have an attack that's extremely weak initially, but gets stronger the more it lands; it'd be the only attack in-game that ignores stale-move negation. I dub that move "sales pitch" (advertisement); something you literally need to spam to make it stronger. That move would be her bread and butter: you will live and die by the sales pitch. Moreover, she'd also have a move or two with limited usage à la Robin's tomes; in-game it would be known as budget (or maybe inventory?). Overall, I imagine her being very versatile, but also complex.

With that in mind, here's examples of what I'm talking about:

Side special: Perfume cloud. Uncharged does small damage. Similar to Piranha Plant's poison, but smaller radius. However, when fully charged, it heals whoever is in range instead of dealing damage.

Foward-Smash: Cycles between a pair of scissors that deals more damage at the tip, a clutch bag that has shorter range but super armor when charged, or a hanger that works like a boomerang projectile but is very punishable.

Neutral special: Wardrobe. Press B to cycle through clothes that function like different projectiles. Think Pacman's fruit. Uncharged you throw a shoe - the ultimate disrespect. Hold it a little longer for more clothing/accessories to make it a multi-hitting attack (think Ridley's fireballs but clothing and wackier physics). When fully charged, you end up throwing an entire outfit that deals decent damage and flies in multiple directions. Stylish. Can be powered up further with Down special.

Down special: Sales pitch (advertisement). She holds up a magazine or something and says things like "Try it on..." and "Take a look!" She'll say things more enthusiastically and the dialogue will get zanier each time it hits. Deals very little damage initially but gets stronger the more it lands. Also powers up neutral special and replenishes budget/inventory.

Forward-air: Microphone swing. It doubles as a tether.

I imagine her tilts being powerful items (things like furniture and a cellphone that stuns, for example), but only for a limited number of uses. Remember, she's fighting on a budget (her inventory is finite), so when it runs out, she resorts to weaker attacks like slaps, dance moves, etc.

Her moveset potential is insane. Obviously her walking animation is going to be a catwalk strut. I actually have an entire moveset in mind, but typing this on a PSVita at the moment lol.

Also, one of her taunts has to be sipping tea like:

I almost feel like your idea for the down B should be a side special and the 'sales pitch' would work better as a neutral special. A theme of management would be fitting enough.
It'd be tough to balance similarly to Robin's breakable specials, though.

KatKit

Smash Lord
Why not both? Regardless, the animation has to have plenty of Bishie sparkles of course.

And like King Dedede, she'll have a pseudo fourth taunt with this crouching animation.

Though the box art for Girls Mode 2 could work as well I guess.

And in retrospect, the box art for Girls Mode 3 would make the perfect dash attack.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
I'm trying super hard to get her rated in the RTC thread so we can spread the word of this series and how amazing and unique she would be. I'm going to be using my nominations for Ryota Hayami next day, but she's currently in the top seven so I'm gonna keep pushing and maybe when it's her day we can all make some good posts as a thread. :)

Also, I know it's probably way too difficult to implement but I'd love a clothing attack that functions like ink and adds debuffs when the opponent is wearing certain brands.

KatKit

Smash Lord
Thanks for your contribution! I do what I can, just not in that thread, haha. Though when the time comes, I'll try to show my support.

Personally, I hope some talented person makes fake leaks or Smashified-esque fanart/videos with her or something to spread awareness. Don't get me wrong, it's not hard convincing people how awesome she'd be, but that seems like a more effective way to make her mainstream at least.

I like the idea of the clothing attack causing debuffs (or you changing outfits for buffs), but yeah, that'd be hard to implement.

I had an idea involving stamp cards, but dropped it. There's really a lot they can work with, but some of the cooler stuff seems like it'd take forever to develop. D:

EDIT: I have an interesting idea for a pummel! Imagine if she hit the opponent's face with a sponge, and the longer you pummel, the more makeup you apply. That's a simple aesthetic change that wouldn't be hard to implement. However, the visual change would be purely cosmetic, no pun intended, and it would gradually disappear over time.

Last edited:

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
What if she was able to place down a couple mannequins on the stage that could act a bit like Villager's tree or Pac's hydrant but they would act just as damage sponges/walls. It'd force opponents to try and approach her. I mean in real life that is what store displays are for- to get people to approach.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
It took me forever, but I finally managed to push Style Savvy in the Rate Their Chances thread. I know the thread has its issues, but this could be a great way to get the word out and spread the love.

LH LH

Smash Cadet
Could definitely work as a curve ball pick. Has the savvy stylist ever been seen using a hair dryer because iirc she hasn’t. Nothing is stopping sakurai from taking creative liberties but if it’s been used previously the moveset can be filled out more

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Comparable to Inklings, every costume would look totally different and cycle through different skin tones and clothing brands and considering how many brands and clothing pieces there are in the game you could get away with everything.

KatKit

Smash Lord
I'd be down if she was the only character with 16 alts now, and the devs did it intentionally.

Last edited:

Parallel_Falchion

Smash Lord
What alternate costume this character should have ?
An idea others have presented is that the girls on the covers of each game can be the alts, but there are literally thousands of options for unique alts considering putting outfits together is the main point of the game.

KatKit

Smash Lord
Bumping this because, although I don't think we'll get a Savvy Style E3 reveal, I just want to put the character back on people's radar. IMO, if Nintendo wasn't concerned about selling DLC to appease the general population, she'd be a shoo-in.

An idea others have presented is that the girls on the covers of each game can be the alts, but there are literally thousands of options for unique alts considering putting outfits together is the main point of the game.
Which brings an interesting idea: imagine if they let us customize her appearance, similar to Miis.

Last edited:

KatKit

Smash Lord
Switch Style Savvy at least! C'mon Nintendo!
Seriously! Style Savvy's home console debut is perfect for the Switch since it doubles as a handheld device (and also has Amiibo support like the latest game on the 3DS). It's about time for a new one (and I'd love to see what they're capable of without the hardware limitations of the DS/3DS); here's hoping we get a surprise announcement at E3 or at a different time this year or something. However, the game would be jam-packed with customizable content, so I can imagine that it takes time to create all of the assets (in HD). At the very least, it wouldn't be the first time Syn Sophia developed a game on the Switch, but Style Savvy on a home console would be quite the undertaking compared to the previous entries. Honestly, they might bring it to mobile phones before they release it on the Switch. Ideally, they'd do both, and maybe have some sort of bonus features for playing both versions (like Injustice 2, for example). Overall, if the right budget and effort was put into it, Style Savvy has potential to be the next Animal Crossing if Nintendo plays their cards right.

Oh... Oh, gosh. I just realized if we do somehow end up getting a Switch Style Savvy game one day, Smash would be a good way to promote it... just saying. I'm sure that there'll be character DLC after this first pass is over (assuming she isn't apart of the first pass).

Last edited:

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
CLASSIC MODE BECAUSE WHY NOT

Smashing in Style

Stage 1: :ultzelda: on Hyrule Temple (Tal Tal Heights)
Stage 2: :ultwendy: on :hanenbow: (Ground Theme (SMB2)~Remix)
Stage 3: :ultisabelle: on :smashville: (Happy Home Designer Title Theme)
Stage 4: :ultbayonetta: on Saffron City (Tomorrow is Mine)
Stage 5: :ultmiifighters: on Prism Tower (Pop Fashion Show)
Stage 6: :ultpeach::ultdaisy::ultrosalina: on Super Mario Maker (Mario Paint Medley)
Boss: Master Hand and/or Crazy Hand (Ring! Doing! Dang!)

Honorable Mention: :ultcloud:, if he had his crossdress as a costume.

smashkirby

Smash Hero

Smashing in Style

Stage 4: :ultbayonetta:on Saffron City (Tomorrow is Mine)
Stage 6: :ultpeach::ultdaisy::ultrosalina: on Super Mario Maker (Mario Paint Medley)

Wow, this really works for her!

Last edited:

KatKit

Smash Lord
You know what world hasn't been explored in Smash? A fashion simulator!

More DLC to come. Let's keep this Style Savvy hype train chugging.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
You know what world hasn't been explored in Smash? A fashion simulator!

More DLC to come. Let's keep this Style Savvy hype train chugging.
Yes please.

Imagine the reactions when it officially happen.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
This is still such a longshot but she's still my most-wanted first party...

If Famicom Detective Club can get a new game in 2019, we can at least get a new Style Savvy.

kool2419

Smash Apprentice
With the announcement of more DLC fighters a style savvy rep is still on my wanted list to make it in.

Oddball

Smash Lord

Smashing in Style

Stage 4: :ultbayonetta:on Saffron City (Tomorrow is Mine)

Not bad, but I really think you need Mario in his Odyssey Tuxedo.

KatKit

Smash Lord
This is still such a longshot but she's still my most-wanted first party...

If Famicom Detective Club can get a new game in 2019, we can at least get a new Style Savvy.
Same. Long shot or not, our girl should've been in Smash 4. I'm not going to preach to the choir, but she has so much going for her.

I think we'll get a 5th game soon enough. Honestly, I'm glad that they're not churning them out annually like Call of Duty or something. Style Savvy is all about quality. If I recall correctly, these games come out like every 4 years or so (give or take). It kinda reminds me of Zelda. It seems like forever ago, but it hasn't even been 3 years since the last one came out. Assuming that the Switch is Nintendo's current handheld device, I imagine the next Style Savvy taking a little longer to make since it'd be the first HD/home console version.

Now that I think about it, depending on how long Ultimate's DLC cycle lasts, a new Style Savvy game might coincide with it. This will bode well for us in the long-term. We could very well be a 'promotional pick". I'm totally cool with that.

Last edited:

Gioka

Smash Journeyman
I am still crossing my fingers for this, it would be such a unique addition to the roster! And would be great for promoting Style Savvy if we are indeed getting a new one soon. Tbh my top picks are almost all first party so I really hope they mix things up for the extra DLC

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Well data mining revealed a lot of alt costume slots.

I could very well happen, especially f they got for some Nintendo characters

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Mii costume slots? Where is this info from?
Not Mii Costumes, the alt costumes of other characters.

Basically, data mining turned up about enough costume slots (with the character's default taking one) to have about enough for each character up to the 16 DLC two costumes. It could just be future proofing but it could be that we'll get one character with multiple costumes and a few with only recolors

Top Bottom