• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Style Boutique - Style Savvy for Smash Switch!

SuperSceptile15

Smash Lord
I dunno about that. Things have been feeling antsy for a while. You say haters are a vocal minority, but Corrin was the worst-selling DLC for quite the difference.
Maybe you're right. We should be more respectful in this thread and instead focus on the positive aspects of the character without bringing anyone else down.

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Maybe you're right. We should be more respectful in this thread and instead focus on the positive aspects of the character without bringing anyone else down.
Yeah, I guess I shouldn’t have mentioned the possible backlash since it’s just that, a possibility. There’s no point in discussing it.

At the same time, I can’t really help the concern...

TreeBranch

Smash Ace
I'm totally on board with a Style Savvy character. Sure, I'll be a little angry they were chosen over a RH rep, but style savvy is cool and could make for an interesting character

Domino11332

Smash Apprentice
At this point I care less about my most wanteds getting in and more about having characters that are fun to play and unique, and a style savvy character would certainly be that. so I support.

kool2419

Smash Apprentice
Man i do hope that a Style Savvy will be one of the DLC fighters. I haven`t given up hope yet.

D

Deleted member

I am so absolutely, downright thrilled to hear the odds are (apparently) in Style Savvy's favor. Like, physically giddy and a bit hyper from hearing the news. It getting a fighter has always been a pipe dream of mine, I adore the series and everything it represents, even though I've never built up the courage to actually buy one of the games. If she makes it in, I'll probably be almost as devoted to her as Wii Fit Trainer! (And that's very devoted.) Her reveal would be........an important moment in my career as a gay person.

So yeah, I support.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
I'm totally on board with a Style Savvy character. Sure, I'll be a little angry they were chosen over a RH rep, but style savvy is cool and could make for an interesting character
If it helps, Style Savvy is very similar to RH in that they're very very popular in Japan (and in Style Savvy's case, Europe as New Style Boutique) but haven't gotten the foothold they should in the US that they should. We are in it together. Ideally I'd love both!

TreeBranch

Smash Ace
If it helps, Style Savvy is very similar to RH in that they're very very popular in Japan (and in Style Savvy's case, Europe as New Style Boutique) but haven't gotten the foothold they should in the US that they should. We are in it together. Ideally I'd love both!
Their similarities are partially why I'm supporting it. They're both quirky, smaller Nintendo franchises with the potential to become something bigger.

I'm always up for more new franchises getting playable reps in smash. I feel it's more important to get more IP's and fan bases in this gaming crossover than our 10th Pokemon or whatever. It's a shame franchises like Chibi-Robo and Golden Sun are left out after all these years.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Their similarities are partially why I'm supporting it. They're both quirky, smaller Nintendo franchises with the potential to become something bigger.

I'm always up for more new franchises getting playable reps in smash. I feel it's more important to get more IP's and fan bases in this gaming crossover than our 10th Pokemon or whatever. It's a shame franchises like Chibi-Robo and Golden Sun are left out after all these years.
Not to start a debate or anything but as a looongtime Chibi Robo supporter even just the Mii costume is super nice. Sometimes you have to make do with any representation and celebrate the small victories. As someone who only really supports pipe dreams and obscure series', even something as small as a Spirit or Trophy needs to mean the world to you, or else you end up jaded and bitter.

But nevermind all that, your support is wonderful! Maybe we will get both. I really feel like they're going to go with new IPs and new eras of existing IPs for this Fighter's Pass.

TreeBranch

Smash Ace
Not to start a debate or anything but as a looongtime Chibi Robo supporter even just the Mii costume is super nice. Sometimes you have to make do with any representation and celebrate the small victories. As someone who only really supports pipe dreams and obscure series', even something as small as a Spirit or Trophy needs to mean the world to you, or else you end up jaded and bitter.

But nevermind all that, your support is wonderful! Maybe we will get both. I really feel like they're going to go with new IPs and new eras of existing IPs for this Fighter's Pass.
I find the Mii costumes to be super nice as well! It's really awesome to see Chibi Robo, Custom Robo, and Golden Sun all get a sizable bit of representation. Heck, Chibi Robo seems to be the poster boy for spirits! I didn't mean to complain really. The roster is great, and it seems many popular characters who couldn't quite make the cut are getting representation elsewhere. I just wish they could receive a little more haha. I'm definitely looking forward to RH spirits fights and all that.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Made this post in the general discussion thread but I wanted to summarize some interesting info I've collected over the last day:
  1. There is a Style Savvy: Shining Star song in the game. It's a banger. Everybody clap your hands!
  2. This song being in isn't unusual, as Wii U had a Style Savvy song in (which I believe is not returning but I haven't looked too hard at the tracklist). However, datamines have suggested that Ring! Dong! Dang! has ties to a blank stage ID, indicating it was to be attached to a stage that was cut or may be added to a stage in the future.
  3. The Stylist from the Girl's Mode 1 box art was shown in the last Smash Direct as a Spirit, appearing in one of those white floating ball segments.
  4. That said, when I searched for several Style Savvy names - "Style", "Savvy", Grace, Sophie, Evie (had a trophy last game), and "Stylist", I was unable to find any. Even 1080 Snowboarding, another series with only music, has a Spirit in Akari Hayami.
This is all suspicious but here are some caveats:
  1. There have been rumors there are still Spirits encrypted in the data somewhere. I have not seen anyone back this claim up but it's worth noting.
  2. I also don't claim to be exhaustive in looking through the Spirits list. It's possible the Stylist is under a different name and I just haven't seen it yet.
So, I don't know if this means anything, but the big suspicious part is that I can't find the Stylist as a Spirit despite being there in the Direct during a segment (not in-game). Hm.

Last edited:

Luminario

Smash Lord
The one that sticks out as possibly it is "Shop Assistant". But then again, you're a boutique owner in the games, so...hmm.
According to someone in the general thread you're simply an assistant in the first game instead of owning the boutique, so Shop Assistant is probably our girl. Luckily though that name is so non-commital it doesn't restrict any Style Savvy characters.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
According to someone in the general thread you're simply an assistant in the first game instead of owning the boutique, so Shop Assistant is probably our girl. Luckily though that name is so non-commital it doesn't restrict any Style Savvy characters.
True. Shame, I thought I was onto something, but hey. It's Sophie time. Or anyone, really. It is a little strange that Evie isn't back despite her being a trophy.

Despite usually being good at not overhyping myself, I can't help but feel a little sad. I thought she really had a shot with the mysteriously "missing" spirit and the music and stage...thing.

Oh well! Time to level her up. We got Ring! Dong! Dang! at least. Let's get a Style Savvy on Switch Nintendo time's-a-wasting.

EDIT: I just realized the Style Savvy tracks from Smash 4 are back, too! This is great!

Last edited:

Gioka

Smash Journeyman

Alina is who I have wanted as pipe dream, she looks so cute and her style is great and recognizable! I think she would do great, but any rep is welcome on my side!

Luminario

Smash Lord
If we're discussing personal choices, mine is definitely Angelique.
angelique.PNG

Everything about her just screams 'fashion'
True. Shame, I thought I was onto something, but hey. It's Sophie time. Or anyone, really. It is a little strange that Evie isn't back despite her being a trophy.

Despite usually being good at not overhyping myself, I can't help but feel a little sad. I thought she really had a shot with the mysteriously "missing" spirit and the music and stage...thing.

Oh well! Time to level her up. We got Ring! Dong! Dang! at least. Let's get a Style Savvy on Switch Nintendo time's-a-wasting.

EDIT: I just realized the Style Savvy tracks from Smash 4 are back, too! This is great!
Was the blank stage ID for Ring Dang Dong proven false? That's still a point towards her inclusion, if a minor one. It's a pipe dream but there's always a chance.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
If we're discussing personal choices, mine is definitely Angelique.
View attachment 179626
Everything about her just screams 'fashion'

Was the blank stage ID for Ring Dang Dong proven false? That's still a point towards her inclusion, if a minor one. It's a pipe dream but there's always a chance.
As far as I know, it hasn't been proven false. Info is coming out so quickly that I can't tell, though, so if anyone hears otherwise definitely post in here ASAP. Getting the right info is better than entertaining pipe dreams to the point of disappointment.

I mean, we already got our Spirit and three songs. That's better than some!

Also, I know I've said her over and over, but if we are posting pictures of our personal picks...

Sophie.jpg

My girl Sophie!

KatKit

Smash Lord
If we get a DLC announcement, I'd like it to be announced alongside a Style Savvy Switch game.

Style Savvy has only been on handhelds so far (DS and 3DS), so a console version would allow even more content/customization! Or it might help bring in more fans to the series. Regardless, the Switch is perfect for Style Savvy because it can be portable.

As for Style Savvy reps, I don't care who makes it in, as long as we get someone lol. Although I think it'd be cool if we got a color swap based off of Yolanda.

Gioka

Smash Journeyman
If we get a DLC announcement, I'd like it to be announced alongside a Style Savvy Switch game.

Style Savvy has only been on handhelds so far (DS and 3DS), so a console version would allow even more content/customization! Or it might help bring in more fans to the series. Regardless, the Switch is perfect for Style Savvy because it can be portable.

As for Style Savvy reps, I don't care who makes it in, as long as we get someone lol. Although I think it'd be cool if we got a color swap based off of Yolanda.

Getting Yolanda would be great tho ???
And please let Nintendo hear you about the Style Savvy for Switch, please!

CarbuncleThrowaway

Smash Rookie
So it's confirm that the cover girl spirit is called shop assistant in the files. https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1EhnFjTRYSZe0tCQcOGkbtJ6oMileI8Mh if you want to see for yourselves. Glancing through what is added so far I don't see any other Style Savvy characters as spirits atm.

On topic of rep, I personally always had the idea they can use the Stylist (or whomever they want to represent the series) in various outfits to represent the brands/styles in game and they could also use Yolanda, Alina, Rosie, and Angelique as alts similar to Bowser Jr's alts to represent some of those brands as well. If I had to pick one I personally like Alina myself.

Last edited:

Flyboy

Smash Hero
So it's confirm that the cover girl spirit is called shop assistant in the files. https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1EhnFjTRYSZe0tCQcOGkbtJ6oMileI8Mh if you want to see for yourselves. Glancing through what is added so far I don't see any other Style Savvy characters as spirits atm.

On topic of rep, I personally always had the idea they can use the Stylist (or whomever they want to represent the series) in various outfits to represent the brands/styles in game and they could also use Yolanda, Alina, Rosie, and Angelique as alts similar to Bowser Jr's alts to represent some of those brands as well. If I had to pick one I personally like Alina myself.
Thanks for this link! Awesome to finally have all this official art in good quality.

shammah121

Smash Cadet
Not gonna lie to you, I don't know much about Style Savvy, but for some strange reason....I want a Style Savvy character in the game! The games have REALLY GROOVY SONGS and it's unfortunate that the Smash remix of Ring! Dong! Dang! was claimed on YouTube before I could see it. I feel that characters like Villager, Wii Fit Trainer, and Isabelle represent the casual audience Nintendo pulls in! It should be noted that we don't really have that many female newcomers in Ultimate right now that aren't inkling or echoes. I SUPPORT STYLE SAVVY

KatKit

Smash Lord
You know what matters, honey. Style Savvy brings something that Smash lacks: an unapologetically feminine non-combatant. I'm talking about a fun-loving, ovaries-to-the-wall, catwalk-strutting, pop music listening, handbag pummeling fashionista extraordinaire that would even make Lord Ghirahim cosplaying as Barbie blush.

In all seriousness, Style Savvy is solid and worth getting into. Some people like Soul Calibur 6 for its dress-up mode, for example, but it's got nothing on the size of Style Savvy's content. Plus, the devs behind Style Savvy made one of the best wrestling games of all time (No Mercy on the N64), and one of the good aspects about that game was its character creator mode, which was years ahead of its time.

In short, without knowing much about Style Savvy, it appeals to a demographic that Smash doesn't cater to (little girls), and her exposure would benefit Smash and vice versa. Plus, the Stylist is unique because she's from a freakin' fashion video game; there's nothing even remotely like that playable in Smash. There's so much to love. Moreover, she's from a first-party IP with no playable reps so far, is recent, relatively popular, and would be a great representative from the DS era (which lacks reps) that continued to make games after said era (4 games total and more to come, most likely). Personally, I love the art style; the characters are so cute, haha. So far, the series has 3 (catchy) songs featured in Smash Bros. in just 2 games. I think even Sakurai wants this to happen.

Last edited:

shammah121

Smash Cadet
In all seriousness, Style Savvy is solid and worth getting into. Some people like Soul Calibur 6 for its dress-up mode, but it's got nothing on the size of Style Savvy's content. Plus, the devs behind Style Savvy made one of the best wrestling games of all time (No Mercy on the N64), and one of the good aspects about that game was its character creator mode, which was years ahead of its time.
Jinkies....it all makes so much sense! I actually did some research on Style Savvy (Saw an interesting review by Jimmy Whetzel) and learned that the developers worked on Wrestling video games, games that I have played! Games like Animal Crossing and Style Savvy can appeal to girls because of customization! I'm PRAYING a Style Savvy representative gets in the game!! If I get a Style Savvy Rep and Ado I will be so happy!
....This is really questioning my masculinity isn't it XDD?

KatKit

Smash Lord
Honestly, everyone loves customization. Think of all the fans that ask for alt costumes and stuff: that's literally what Style Savvy is all about.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
It's funny - I love wrestling games (including No Mercy) and in fact am an administrator on a wrestling game website that is all about creating your own characters in the latest games and creating simulated wrestling shows with them. Customization is my bread-and-butter, and it doesn't surprise me that the former AKI Corporation would make such an easy-to-get-into yet super deep game like the Style Savvy series. It all makes sense! Honestly, if a game has customization I'm 90% more likely to play it. I was making characters in Soulcalibur 3 and V before the craze hit 6. And in Smash 4 I had a TON of Miis.

Style Savvy is a more perfect fit for Smash than anyone realizes, and if more people could see the aesthetics and fun a rep could bring to the table I have no doubt this thread would be just as massive as some of the others.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
I've never played a Style Savvy game, but considering how much a fashionista I can be on games like Guild Wars 2 or SoulCalibur, I really want to try it. From what I saw, the Style Savvy games, while targeting a female audience, car really be enjoyable for anyone.

Anyway back on Smash, that's a character I always secretly want. There's potential for a whacky moveset with some liberties from Sakurai, akin to Wii Fit Trainer and Villager. And just imagine a final smash where the Stylist relooks a character, like Faust in Guilty Gear! That would be stupidly hilarous.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Honestly, it's still surprising me how Style Savvy, of all things, might really be in the running for a playable character.:surprised:

TheYungLink

Smash Lord
....This is really questioning my masculinity isn't it XDD?
Very late, but men should feel more comfortable about being super into fashion and stuff. You're not any less of a man if you really like dressing up in different clothes / being fashion-conscious, or even just admiring that kind of thing from afar.

If you're not male, then my apologies by the way. I just like lots of cute stuff and am unapologetic about it, which is something that should be more commonplace for other men if they're too afraid to like cute / traditionally feminine stuff because they think it's too "girly" and thus not fit for them. Not denying that Style Savvy is very feminine, just that you shouldn't let any interest you have in it make you "question your masculinity".

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Very late, but men should feel more comfortable about being super into fashion and stuff. You're not any less of a man if you really like dressing up in different clothes / being fashion-conscious, or even just admiring that kind of thing from afar.

If you're not male, then my apologies by the way. I just like lots of cute stuff and am unapologetic about it, which is something that should be more commonplace for other men if they're too afraid to like cute / traditionally feminine stuff because they think it's too "girly" and thus not fit for them. Not denying that Style Savvy is very feminine, just that you shouldn't let any interest you have in it make you "question your masculinity".
You're the real MVP. Preach.

Gioka

Smash Journeyman
There is definitely EVERYTHING to love about Style Savvy and what it could mean for Smash, it would be an statement that you don't need to quit to parts of your personality and femininity to be strong or taken seriously, even outside of the fashion world (like Bayo did, being sexy but kickass). And I think that could be great, it can bring a lot of variety of girls to the roster as well through alt costumes, it could even bring some POC representation if they wanted (like with Inklings) and also probably bring more people in contact with loving that part of customization. I feel sad when men say the feel they can't play Style Savvy because it is for girls, no, it is a videogame, they are agender, if we can play fight games you can play fashion games and noone should judge you for that.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Well, games can have a target demographic, but just because the game is called Girl's Mode in japan doesn't mean it's for girls only. The game is still for everyone, and Nintendo does a good job for that (it's not really like the infamous "Imagine" serie on DS and such). Even though Style Savvy does only have a female avatar if I'm correct. But even then, this didn't stopped games like Tomb Raider to be succesfull (although a minority of people actually do not like to play a girl at all).

People tend to not play games because they are not the target demographic, while those games are just for all publics. Pokemon for example, is often seen for kids in commercials (or a more casual public now with Let's Go) and that doesn't stop it from having an hardcore fanbase. But because a game is cartoony or accessible to younger audience doesn't mean it's not enjoyable: Mario 3D World is a good example with it's final level.

Therefore, the same applies to "girls" game. I mean, if a guy enjoy fashion, does he have to wait for a "fashion game for men"? I don't think so. If I recall well, there's men fashion in a couple of Style Savvy games, too.

The only exception would be games for younger kids, like educative games. And even there I'd say that parents can have fun playing with their children that way.

Last edited:

shammah121

Smash Cadet
Very late, but men should feel more comfortable about being super into fashion and stuff.
Yes I am indeed a dude! But I agree with what you're saying though!
It should also be noted that we don't really have a character to represent the 3DS or DS (Correct me if I am wrong, but none come to mind right now). Some will say Pokémon or Animal Crossing, but they got their start on other systems! Style Savvy can represent the innovation that Nintendo is known for!

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Yes I am indeed a dude! But I agree with what you're saying though!
It should also be noted that we don't really have a character to represent the 3DS or DS (Correct me if I am wrong, but none come to mind right now). Some will say Pokémon or Animal Crossing, but they got their start on other systems! Style Savvy can represent the innovation that Nintendo is known for!
Two of my absolute most wanted (Phoenix Wright and Style Savvy) would rep the DS which is criminally under repped. More would be wonderful!

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
While we have characters like Lucario for the DS as well as Dark Pit and the Fire Emblem characters for the 3DS, it's true that we don't have a single serie born on the DS systems with playable characters. Although we do have stages, like Electroplankton or Nintendogs.

Last edited:

KatKit

Smash Lord
Honestly, it's still surprising me how Style Savvy, of all things, might really be in the running for a playable character.:surprised:
I'm surprised it didn't happen sooner; a Style Savvy rep should've been in Smash 4. Smash 4 had a heavier emphasis on customization compared to its predecessors (custom movesets, alt costumes for many newcomers, and a more refined stat-change system), and an avatar character/character named by their job title (which 4 introduced a lot of) from a game that focuses almost exclusively on modification would've fit in perfectly. I suppose it's better (fashionably) late than never, but still... The series had 3 games come out after Brawl's release and another during Smash 4's DLC cycle (an Amiibo compatible one at that! One that brought in Nintendo-themed costumes, for a mini crossover of sorts, à la Smash), if I recall correctly. All of that plus the tons of other reasons previously mentioned in this topic (and elsewhere).

It's subjective, but I can't think of anything more deserving, when I factor in all of the arbitrary reasons to add characters that people tend to list. It's been that way for years now. However, I am glad that this topic is seemingly gaining traction. I'm only surprised that it took as long as it did, and I hope that the hype continues a little longer lol.

Last edited:

Takasmash

Smash Ace
Hey I want to support Style Savvy I think she will be unique character like WFT.

Top Bottom