• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Style Boutique - Style Savvy for Smash Switch!

OhMyBanana54

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-1628-5145-3801
This is the only newcomer we need. If they only add the savvy stylist I’d be more than content for the game’s lifespan.

Parallel_Falchion

Smash Lord
Taunt 1: Sophie takes a selfie.
Just noticed this...we need this taunt in Smash. It would be the greatest. And imagine, what if when you do it near another character, she leans in closer to them?

Since it looks like we're getting the Smash 4 style trailers again, "Stylist takes the stage" would make a good tagline. And hopefully we can get a runway stage so that we can have...a smashin fashion show.

Caravan of Noobs

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheCrazyPieMan
3DS FC
2621-3128-5801
Switch FC
SW-0260-3374-4829
What if the taunt has a hitbox behind her? I can imagine a scenario where your opponent is recovering and you do the selfie taunt and it sends your enemy flying. Best part about it is that it would imply the Stylist has taken a picture of her and the opponent before the other player loses a stock.

Luminario

Smash Lord
I'm all in for the crazy picks! What would be her default?
You mean default appearance? Probably Sophie from Fashion Forward.
The red hair and full fringe look pops up quite a bit for Fashion Forward, and seeing as how that's the game that came out around the time Ultimate was proposed I can see it being the default look they go for, with alts to change skin colour and hair and even outfits too if switching them isn't a part of the moveset.

KatKit

Smash Lord
I don't know about everyone else, but I've been doing my part to promote her in every thread possible. The Stylist is still my most wanted character, hands down.

Just noticed this...we need this taunt in Smash. It would be the greatest. And imagine, what if when you do it near another character, she leans in closer to them?

Since it looks like we're getting the Smash 4 style trailers again, "Stylist takes the stage" would make a good tagline. And hopefully we can get a runway stage so that we can have...a smashin fashion show.
It'd be like the Luigi meteor kick taunt but facing backwards... Complete with barely doing any damage, but having decent knockback if it lands. That's a great idea lol. In all honesty, the Stylist would have the best taunts in the game regardless, but yeah... I love that idea!

And "Smashin' fashion show"? The rhyme/pun game is strong in this one~

Anyway, if she makes it in, I hope that Sakurai posts funny pictures with her and the Inklings. They seem like they'd get along (or have a friendly rivalry) because the Inklings like to "stay fresh" with the latest fashion.

Last edited:

kool2419

Smash Apprentice
You mean default appearance? Probably Sophie from Fashion Forward.
The red hair and full fringe look pops up quite a bit for Fashion Forward, and seeing as how that's the game that came out around the time Ultimate was proposed I can see it being the default look they go for, with alts to change skin colour and hair and even outfits too if switching them isn't a part of the moveset.
If Sophie does make it into Smash Ultimate imagine if the different outfits and hairstyles she has in the video will be her alternate costumes.

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
I kinda prefer the box art girl for Girls Mode 3 over Sophie's design.

KatKit

Smash Lord
What the world got out of the recent Smash Bros. direct: character reveals, hype, tons of cool info about gameplay, music, stages, etc.

What I got out of the recent direct: The Stylist still hasn't been deconfirmed.

They're saving the best reveal for last, folks!

Btw, my condolences to those of you who have had your characters deconfirmed. With that being said, at least they have some representation in the game, which is quite the honor nonetheless. Also, feel free to join the Style Savvy for Smash bandwagon. You have nothing to lose but so much to gain.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
If not, they could just bring back the only two Style Savvy tracks again.

Or maybe an Assist Trophy

Elin

Your face is strange... Is it always like that?
NNID
ShinySilverEevee
3DS FC
5301-1189-1305
i’ve never played a style savvy game, but i play nikki which is very similar, would that be enough for me to help support?

Luminario

Smash Lord
i’ve never played a style savvy game, but i play nikki which is very similar, would that be enough for me to help support?
As long as you'd like to see our fashionista in Smash in some capacity, you can support all you want~
If not, they could just bring back the only two Style Savvy tracks again.

Or maybe an Assist Trophy
I can see her AT giving an opponent a makeover if they get too close to her. She grabs them then a puff of smoke appears around the opponents face as she throws on lipstick and mascara.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
I can see her AT giving an opponent a makeover if they get too close to her. She grabs them then a puff of smoke appears around the opponents face as she throws on lipstick and mascara.
This is too perfect thatI would be disappointed if it doesn't happen.

D

Deleted member

A Style Savvy rep is low-key one of my most wanted characters for Smash. I'm a sucker for girly stuff, and she would undoubtedly be the most girly character in the game. Plus, I'd imagine she'd be a fun addition to troll everyone with.

What would her move set look like? Good question. But I'm hoping her final smash looks something like this:

Luminario

Smash Lord
A Style Savvy rep is low-key one of my most wanted characters for Smash. I'm a sucker for girly stuff, and she would undoubtedly be the most girly character in the game. Plus, I'd imagine she'd be a fun addition to troll everyone with.

What would her move set look like? Good question. But I'm hoping her final smash looks something like this:

The Final Smash we DESERVE. Bonus points if it's even called Makeupocalypse.

Parallel_Falchion

Smash Lord
It may be a little late by now, but it's Style Savvy's turn in RTC, so go show your support before time runs out!

Nvm, too late.

Last edited:

TheYungLink

Smash Lord
I've never played Style Savvy but I know enough to know that it's an under discussed series in both online internet video game discussion circles and in Smash. It's a game explicitly aimed toward women and I think that's valuable. I think people are discounting the series even though it's had 4 games and is relatively popular if you know where to look (read: not traditional video game discussion spaces).

So I support Savvy Stylist for Smash Ultimate! I agree that she'd be on the level of Wii Fit Trainer in that initially she'd look like a "WTF" pick but would make sense in retrospect.

Also I have an idea for her grab and throw--when she grabs people, she's just pulling them in close while she nonchalantly does their makeup (it could be her "grab idle" or her pummel). Her "throw" animation is her throwing a new outfit on them and pushing them away with a big smile on their face, like they're saying "Now go show the world just how GREAT you look!!" I think it's an adorable idea, haha.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Style Savvy is a game that I thought was the usual DS shovelware until I saw a review that praised it heavily. It intrigued me, so I looked into it and started the first game...and wow, it's so relaxing! And it's super fun! And really cute! And now I'm legitimately considering getting one of the 3DS games!

I'd love the Stylist in Smash. I know Evie had a trophy in 4 and I believe a common name in the series is Sophie? I don't really know much outside of my player character in the first game but from concept alone - a representative from a popular DS Nintendo IP aimed at a demographic that needs representation who would be an absolute blast to play as - has gotten me incredibly on-board.

I want sixteen costumes, all different! I want elegant and extra motions and grace and poise and clothes - so many clothes. Even just an assist trophy that gives everyone a hat or other garment would be hilarious! God, this would just be so fun to have repped in Smash, just like WFT, and I'm all about fun.

Bonus points if one of the alts looks like my Stylist. She's just so fab!

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Man, Galeem didn't leave a SINGLE person alive during/after that onslaught, did it???
Didn't want anyone looking prettier than them.

I'm gonna be real, World of Light is gonna lead to so many fantastic headcanons. I high key love it.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
I'm a little behind on the leaks but got this notification. I see some people are saying that possibly one of the songs is "associated with a blank character file" that seems to be a Girls Mode/Style Savvy rep?

Considering Style Savvy's first stylist has been confirmed as a Spirit and the last game had a remix, my heart is beating a million miles a minute. I don't want to get my hopes up since this seems like such a pipe dream but...Sophie?? Anyone???

KatKit

Smash Lord
I haven't lost hope (although I think Style Savvy has more of a chance in a theoretical yet obviously going to happen season 2, as the unexpected rep).

I'm down for Sophie, too. Since strolling is a hobby of hers, she should have an abnormally fast walking speed.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
I haven't lost hope (although I think Style Savvy has more of a chance in a theoretical yet obviously going to happen season 2, as the unexpected rep).

I'm down for Sophie, too. Since strolling is a hobby of hers, she should have an abnormally fast walking speed.
I know the Stylist makes the most sense...but I am FULLY biased and love Fashion Forward to death. Style Savvy Switch when

Last edited:

Flyboy

Smash Hero
so yeah this song is in the files https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=j1zflxOZJ4U and according to one of the dataminers it is connected to blank character and stage files but who knows. I don’t think it means much but only time will tell
Styling Star was released in 2017...so not around the project plan, but it IS a massive first party for Nintendo in Japan and Europe.

Hmm.

TheYungLink

Smash Lord
I've been avoiding spoilers like crazy (I really don't want World of Light spoiled for myself), but since this might be connected to possible DLC, then I think it's okay, since it's technically not spoiling anything in the base game: I'm super happy that the chance for a Style Savvy character has risen! Whoever they pick, they're bound to be extremely fun and funny to play.

Last edited:

Luminario

Smash Lord
FINALLY
It's a bop and a half, I love it.
EDIT: The song was deleted along with all other Smash Ult songs on youtube. I replaced the link with the song ripped from Styling Star instead, as it's pretty much the same only with the English version mixed in half way through

Last edited:

CarbuncleThrowaway

Smash Rookie
God I'm all sorts of anxious and excited at the possibility of a playable Style Savvy character down the line. Also, I am so happy we get a song from Styling Star! I've been wanting any of the music in Smash Ultimate since the beginning of this year.

Gioka

Smash Journeyman
Put me down as supporter. I love Style Savvy, the game brings me a lot of warm memories (first played it with my cousin when I was younger) and I would love a playable character to rep it! It is a very popular And successful franchise it is a shame it hasn't have the time to shine in Smash. But things are looking good for DLC

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I’m super glad chances of a Style Savvy character getting in are apparently climbing! Here’s hoping if it does happen, we don’t get hated by all the internet though. Dammit Nintendo, this is why you put the oddball picks in the base game!

Last edited:

SuperSceptile15

Smash Lord
I’m super glad chances of a Style Savvy character getting in are apparently climbing! Here’s hoping if it does happen, we don’t get hated by all the internet though. Dammit Nintendo, this is why you put the oddball picks in the base game!
Who cares about what the Internet thinks? People that hate other characters are just salty and jealous that theirs weren't good enough to make it in. And honestly, a Style Savvy character sounds far more interesting than typical fan requests. Count me in.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Who cares about what the Internet thinks? People that hate other characters are just salty and jealous that theirs weren't good enough to make it in. And honestly, a Style Savvy character sounds far more interesting than typical fan requests. Count me in.
Yikes, you’re really fun at parties, ain’tcha? Look, I get that Smash is a game a lot of people care about, and a lot of people have passion behind their characters getting in (we’re no different). Plus, if you look at it from a pragmatic standpoint, if we want Style Savvy to become a staple, we don’t want a backlash, as that could lead to it being cut for the next game. I’ve no doubt that, had Everyone is Here not been a thing, Corrin would have been cut, and I think Incineroar’s looking at that same fate. At the end of the day, Smash is still a product, so if a character doesn’t sell, they’re going to be on probation.

SuperSceptile15

Smash Lord
Yikes, you’re really fun at parties, ain’tcha? Look, I get that Smash is a game a lot of people care about, and a lot of people have passion behind their characters getting in (we’re no different). Plus, if you look at it from a pragmatic standpoint, if we want Style Savvy to become a staple, we don’t want a backlash, as that could lead to it being cut for the next game. I’ve no doubt that, had Everyone is Here not been a thing, Corrin would have been cut, and I think Incineroar’s looking at that same fate. At the end of the day, Smash is still a product, so if a character doesn’t sell, they’re going to be on probation.
The haters are only a vocal minority. Far more people would be happy with a Style Savvy character than mad. And a lot of people (myself included) are already planning on getting the fighters pass, so I wouldn't worry about a character not selling well enough.

Last edited:

Gioka

Smash Journeyman
If we want Style Savvy to have more recognition and become popular on the west as well, we do. A lot of people aren't willing to try a game if they hate the character for whatever reason.
Also, I don't think saying other characters weren't "good enough" to make it is fair or good, there are a many reasons for a character to not make it and most of the times we don't know a single one of them.
I am sure a lot of us are attached to other characters that didn't make it as well, the best thing to do as fanbase is as you say, be respectful and empathic, it is for the best interest of the series in the long run, too

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
The haters are only a vocal minority. Far more people would be happy with a Style Savvy character than mad. And a lot of people (myself included) are already planning on getting the fighters pass, so I wouldn't worry about a character not selling well enough.
I dunno about that. Things have been feeling antsy for a while. You say haters are a vocal minority, but Corrin was the worst-selling DLC for quite the difference.

Top Bottom