• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Style Boutique - Style Savvy for Smash Switch!

KatKit

Smash Lord
Ideally, every one of her palette swaps would be a different outfit, to reflect the fashion focus of her games. I remember in the old thread someone said that they could reference her various box art appearances across different regions.

I can imagine her making a comeback at a tournament, and the crowd yelling "CLUTCH" after she whacks the opponent off-stage with her handbag. It'd be the coolest pun ever.

I have a moveset in mind, and I might post it if I have the time.

Last edited:

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
Do you think they'd go for one base stylist model and have just different-colored clothing as her alts, or do you think they'd go the Villager/Bowser Jr. route and have different stylist model (so like, one's white, one's black, one's Asian, one's Middle Eastern, etc. - all with appropriate hair styles too!) as each alt?

Luminario

Smash Lord
Do you think they'd go for one base stylist model and have just different-colored clothing as her alts, or do you think they'd go the Villager/Bowser Jr. route and have different stylist model (so like, one's white, one's black, one's Asian, one's Middle Eastern, etc. - all with appropriate hair styles too!) as each alt?
They'll likely change the skin colour, eye colour, and hairstyles of the alts, but not the actual facial features. If the outfits are integrated in their gimmick like the outfit change gimmick we'd probably see just different colours of the same outfits, but if it's just pure visuals then yeah they gotta add in a bunch of different outfits for her to wear. It's Style Savvy, they gotta give her an entire wardrobe either way.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
This girl's still my wild card of choice.

Has everything, the moveset potenital, the hardware show-off potential, the causal audience and the salt potenial.

I wonder if she'd be revealed early like Wii Fit Trainer or be unlockable...

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
I'm prepared to support again, the salt is the main reason, and the legitimately interesting moveset that Sakurai would have to figure out for her.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
I have a Question for Style Savvy fans

How well do these games sell? I'm just curious because I'm having trouble finding worldwide sales.

She sounds like a very creative choice anyway, I actually have her on my prediction roster

Last edited:

Luminario

Smash Lord

How well do these games sell? I'm just curious because I'm having trouble finding worldwide sales.

She sounds like a very creative choice anyway, I actually have her on my prediction roster
I'm not sure how well they sell either, sales of these games are particularly elusive probably thanks to the different names. I know that weekly sales ranked higher than Xenoblade 2 in Japan for quite a while there a few months back thanks to what I read on one of these Nintendo news sites, but past that it's a mystery.

Babycowland

Smash Journeyman
I 100% support having a Style Savvy character in Smash. Style Savvy has quickly become one of my favorite Nintendo franchises (I'm a big fan of dressup games) and I'd be curious to see what Sakurai and co. would do with it.

As for what the character would be like, I have no clue, haha. I think Luminario Luminario 's moveset is super creative though, so I would have no problem with a Style Savvy rep playing like that. Another option would be to have one of the main protagonists of Styling Star as a fighter. Whatever happens, I really hope we get some Styling Star music. Given how many original songs were in that game and the fact that Trendsetters had a couple of songs in Smash 4, I feel like chances are pretty good that we'll get at least one or two new songs in Smash Switch. I'd personally like to see the Styling Star credits medley, Girls be Ambitious, and Twinkle Fantasia/Dosukoi Koi Koi make it in.

I haven't seen much reliable sales data on the Style Savvy games. All I really know is that the series seems to be much more popular in Japan and Europe than in North America judging by how NA got a late release of Style Savvy 3 and a digital only release of 4.

Last edited:

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
I have no experience with the series, but I think a character such as this would be really cool.

ChrysanthosVice

Smash Cadet
Absolutely support! I will admit, I saw the series a while back, but I didn't buy it due to being, like, 12 and therefore broke.I'd love to play as Sophie, and I love the idea of clothes changing how the fighter functions!

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight

Well, they defiantly sold well enough, since the series has more then 3 games.

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
If she makes it in, I will need her final Smash to be this:

Last edited:

Luminario

Smash Lord
If she makes it in, I will need her final Smash to be this:
A death drop would be a good crouch option too.
Marth comes in charging a Shield Breaker thinking he's got you but PSYCHE~

Dodging with style.
Might be worth adding these signatures to the original post:

Done by vaanrose
Added to the OP~ Thanks for the image :dr^_^:

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
This would be a hilarious addition. Have the games sold well? That could be a big indicator for consideration.

Luminario

Smash Lord
This would be a hilarious addition. Have the games sold well? That could be a big indicator for consideration.
It's pretty hard to gauge how well they sell due to the different names of the games in each region and how they're not exactly high profile games, but we've got 4 in the series already and it seems to do especially well in Europe, so something's going right.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
It's pretty hard to gauge how well they sell due to the different names of the games in each region and how they're not exactly high profile games, but we've got 4 in the series already and it seems to do especially well in Europe, so something's going right.
Well Europe was the continent that helped get Bayonetta in so anything's possible. I'd personally love more unique characters from non-action oriented games like this.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
As for a Style Savvy stage, I just remembered something.

In DustyPumpkin DustyPumpkin 's (pre-Smash 4) Style Savvy thread, he had the idea of having your typical Style Savvy fashion show itself as a stage. Specifically, the runway would be where the characters would fight.

If I remember correctly, the concept involved the stage going taking various forms over the course of a match whenever a different model came out to strut their stuff. I believe one of the examples was that if a "Pop" model were to show up, the runway's lights will glow yellow and pink, and the floor becomes bouncy. If anyone remembers anymore, I guess you can just add to this.

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
Oh damn, someone made this thread before me, you can sign me up for sure and you can find my old idea for the Svvvy Stylist in my Sig-link!

But I've been looking for a chance to do a move-set re-vamp

Last edited:

Parallel_Falchion

Smash Lord
I can see it now: If this character were to get in, everyone would be shocked and salty initially, but a month later you'd have a bunch of YouTubers saying it was obvious and was definitely going to happen.

I've played the latest two entries and they're pretty nice casual side games, so I'd be all for it.

Last edited:

Caravan of Noobs

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheCrazyPieMan
3DS FC
2621-3128-5801
Switch FC
SW-0260-3374-4829
I never actually owned a Style Savvy game but I love what I've played from the demos.
Sign me up! The more silly characters in Smash the better. It gets kind of boring when the obvious choices get in

smashkirby

Smash Hero
I never actually owned a Style Savvy game but I love what I've played from the demos.
Sign me up! The more silly characters in Smash the better. It gets kind of boring when the obvious choices get in
That seems to be how I feel about character selection in Smash. I support the retro/obscure/WTF characters so much, BECAUSE it's a little...boring to only support the "obvious" choices"

kool2419

Smash Apprentice
A Style Savvy rep could the second interesting choice next to:4wiifit: and she can be very fun to play as. So yes sophie has my support.

Last edited:

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276

Here are the sales. Style Boutique sold around 2.98 million copies whereas New Style Boutique sold around 1.24 million

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
After doing some research, I was surprised by how promoted the franchise was, with multiple special amiibo compatibilities, it's own event and even its own 3DS family special edition (fun fact: it's the only Nintendo franchise without a playable character in Smash to have this distinction). Similar to Rhythm Heaven, there was even a Beyonce commercial.

Last edited:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
After doing some research, I was surprised by how promoted the franchise was, with multiple special amiibo compatibilities, it's own event and even it's own special edition (fun fact: it's the only Nintendo franchise without a playable character in Smash to have this distinction). Similar to Rhythm Heaven, there was even a Beyonce commercial.
Wow, really? I mean, an entire event dedicated to it, amiibo compatibility, AND even Beyonce doing a commercial for it? I guess Style Savvy certainly has more pull than I give it credit for.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Well now the dust has settled form E3, we know there won't be as many new comers (Pichu itself could count as the game's WTF) character but I'm still hopeful. Especially given between Inkling, Daisy, Leaf, Female Pikachu and Pikachu Libre, they're bosting the female representation

smashkirby

Smash Hero

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
Wow, this would actually look really nice for the Savvy Stylist. What's more, I doubt people would accuse her her copying the Wii Fit Trainer since they'd be completely different poses based on fashion than yoga.
It'd probably be for her normals and unlike wft, they don't have to make every move use a pose. They could use her purse or her heels. Or clothes racks on wheels.

asia_catdog_blue

Smash Ace
You mean logical and sensible?

I keep asking this question through and through.

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
So inklings ink mechanic changes the body/clothes of other fighters. That could bode well if SS had a special that was some sort of makeover move (maybe as a buffing/debuffing move. Press to buff yourself or hold to debuff others? I was kinda thinking of the new 3DS commercial with Kyary Pamyu Pamyu and having the visual effect just apply some patterned color type thing.
Not sure what would be the best way to implement it.
I feel like she should really have some sort of mechanic where she has to manage some part of her moves. Kind of like how you manage the stock of your boutique in the games. Still dumbfounded on the best way to implement the actual stylist aspect of the games into the moveset. From what I understand, in the games she has to give customers what would fit them and their style/attributes best. Shouldn't she have something that mimics this? Some sort of move that has various options for various situations/character type she is going against.
Still workshopping the idea, but I think it'd be cool if she mimicked her series playstyle (Like some of the other characters that need to manage things- Robin and his tomes, Olimar and his Pikmin, Inklings and their ink, etc.) But with SS, it isn't so much management as it is covering your bases and having multiple options available on hand when you need them. Not sure if that makes sense, but it's what I was thinking about during my midnight shower.

Top Bottom