• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Strategy/Easter Egg **all reader**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ultimate Melee

Smash Cadet
This is what I found it well I wasn’t to first one to find this... oh well… ill post how to do it.

***<b>Mad Dashing</b> <I>FAQ version 0.5</I> by rob1out

Section 0 intro
Section 1 what is a mad dash and how I created it
Section 2 how do you do a mad dash
Section 3 who can use it
Section 4 copy right and future updates

<b>INTRO</b>

How is the mad dash an Easter egg well it isn’t, I bet Nintendo doesn’t even know about it. Its mainly a strategy... that allows you to retaliate, and to dash and smash ... with a regular dash you cant smash out of no where that’s why this tactic is very useful... it is very unpredictable... so use this tactic Wisely

<b>what’s a mad dash and how I discovered it</b>

Like I said the mad dash is an easy retaliator and a strategy that allows you to dash at the opponent (well sort of dash) retaliate instantly or attack them when you get to them... It is very useful for some characters, not all characters are good to use it for, and some characters are harder to do it with. But all characters can do it. How did I discover it you ask? well I discovered it by the one of the early simple strategies. you guys already know dodge by pressing down by blocking. but you guys also know the air dodge. The air dodge lasts longer then the ground dodge and allows you to move. So a way to use it is to jump and very quickly press a direction and the block quickly to initiate an air dodge. And allows you to move closer to the opponent. So I was messing around with this feature while in practice. Instead of pressing a direction left or right, I pressed down right and I seemed to move forward at a fast rate with the ice climbers. So I tried it more often and found that it is faster then the dash. So the air dodge goes directly into the ground but makes the ice climbers go forward. But also anytime you want you can dodge when you want for real. This is how it works... and how i discovered it. The pattern is usually just a quick press of y then r while holding down forward. It takes time to get good at

<b> who can use it </b>

Every body like I said can use this move but not everybody is good to use it with. Ice climbers imo are the easiest to use it with. So if you want to see it work use them.

<b> Copy Right and Upcoming Updates</b>
Upcoming Updates
-tips on when to use it
-how to do it with certain characters
-deeper instructions on how to use it

Not really a copy right but just don’t post it and say you made this whole faq even though its not big.. 2002 GameFAQs Message Boards By rob1out

o btw i am rob1out from the gamefaqs message boards hehe

POPS

Smash Apprentice
Hey Ultimate, Please tell me where you got your sig. That pic is cool. And how do you docture them seems like fun. Please reply

Ultimate Melee

Smash Cadet
Originally posted by POPS:
<strong>Hey Ultimate, Please tell me where you got your sig. That pic is cool. And how do you docture them seems like fun. Please reply</strong><hr></blockquote>

Umm i got it from this one place called smashworld im not sure anyways i didnt make them
docture?? dont under stand..

Ultimate Melee

Smash Cadet
a mad dash is an easy retaliator, and it can be just as fast as run or sometimes even faster if you can do it good but the mad dash is very unpredictable and you can mad dash towards the enemy and smash without any lag so you dont stop completely like in a regular run in mad dash its just like dash hits so this strategy is very good to use if you want to be unpredictable..

Ultimate Melee

Smash Cadet
Originally posted by InVaDeR GiRtEnKz NaP:
<strong>No offenese but that's kinda' lame. I knew about that already, it's a good technique though, Thank's for posting it. ;) </strong><hr></blockquote>

your confusing me is it lame or a good technique

Kokichi

Skia Oura
BRoomer
Umm i got it from this one place called smashworld im not sure anyways i didnt make them
docture?? dont under stand..
<hr></blockquote>

......I didn't think anyone could be as thick-skulled as this guy..... :o

Leacero

Smash Lord
I know what he means.

Its best done with Luigi, since when he runs he slides. Run toward the enemy and do a down smash right after, you should look like you're doing the smash while you're running.

Ultimate Melee

Smash Cadet
Originally posted by Leacero:
<strong>I know what he means.

Its best done with Luigi, since when he runs he slides. Run toward the enemy and do a down smash right after, you should look like you're doing the smash while you're running.</strong><hr></blockquote>

UMMM actually it has nothing to do with that or something im not sure what you are talking about

Leacero

Smash Lord
He said that the "mad dash" is a dash going toward the opponent and doing a smash move without any delay time.

And I said that its good with Luigi since he slides while he runs, thus, allowing you to stop a little before the opponent and doing a smash move while sliding toward them.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I've done both fast Running Moves and Smash Moves using this.

I also found my Irony Trick.

Hold Down, then quickly do your Smash Up A. It works easily.

Same for Smash Down A. It's hard to master, but it's easy once you do. (Notice: I didn't have any hard time mastering it)

Anybody else figure this out already?

beanbean

Smash Journeyman
So... you run, you jump, you air dodge, you come down while going forward, and you smash with no lag time. Is it like that? That's what I gather from al these posts. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
ATTENTION MELEE BOARDS!

This is the first known thread pertaining to Wavedashing. As you can see it was discovered literally the month after the game came out here in America. Im sure this thread will probably get locked, but I felt it would be good for melee players to see this, a very historical find, in it's entirety.

Inb4mic

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
There's actually already an older thread, but someone bumped it and it got closed.

Funny how history repeat itself...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom