• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Strat (might already be known) Dash Smash

CMiller

Smash Rookie
So, I decided to pick up a gamecube controller and play some brawl, and dang it felt good. I tried out some characters using the c stick and learned about an exploit. Characters who have an up smash that comes out on an early frame will benefit. I call it the Dash Smash. So how you do it is either go forward and up smash or dash and up smash. But, you can do it while your still moving, and since wavedashing is gone in smash brawl, I figured this would be useful.
You dash in a direction and then hit up real fast on the c stick. That's all. Simple as that. For characters with a fast and reliable up smash and low traction, this is useful. You can move while you do an up smash, making it that more lethal. That's all. Thanks for reading I hope it helps. It might have been discovered before but I dont know for sure.

Wigglerman

Smash Ace
This is a known thing. It isn't so much a glitch or exploit. Every character has the ability to smash out of dashes now. Well, pretty much anything out of dash is possible, generally. The game is a lot more free flowing than before.

Top Bottom