• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Snake

1Twinmuduck

Smash Rookie
Hi Snake thread! I'm a long time pm player and was thinking about picking up Snake, my friend mains snake but wehave no outside knowledge of Snake. I've played against his Snake with all my mains and secondary's (Fox, Falco, Wolf, Mario, Lucas, Ness, Marth, Squitle, Falcon, Puff, and DK) including the Snake mirror. But my main question is what matchups does snake win? It feels like he just loses to all those characters if he gets smothered. I am interested in picking up snake and a solid secondary for tournament but not if his matchup spread is this bad. I just don't know what matchups he wins(outside of The bottom tier) or at least goes 50/50 with, so if somebody with some snake knowledge could help me out that would be much appreciated, Thanks!

cisyphus

Smash Ace
I think Snake beats Wario, Peach, Bowser, DK, Yoshi, Zelda, Falcon, Ganon, Mewtwo, Jigglypuff, Charizard, Ivysaur, ZSS, Ness, Kirby, Dedede, Ike, Roy, ROB, G&W, and Sonic to varying degrees. Some are close to even like Peach and Falcon whereas others are completely in snake's favor like Yoshi, Bowser, and Charizard. I think he only truly struggles to win against Marth and Sheik. Fox, Falco, Mario, Squirtle, and Toon Link are relatively difficult as well, but essentially even. A lot of matchups are swayed considerably by the stage, too. Like Roy:Snake is usually around 50:50, but on Battlefield or Dreamland it becomes 40:60 or worse really quick.

Last edited:
Top Bottom