• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New snake player here, need help.

Bmacthesage

Smash Rookie
first off, i have not played snake in brawl. After playing him a few times when i unlocked every character, i decided i wanted to play him a lot more. thing is, i'm not very good at smash to begin with, and i have been struggling trying to set up traps.

i have been avoiding using Dthrow, because i have seen people get away from me super easily. i have noticed a few things so far though (not sure if these are known yet).

i can full hop and place a c4 on the lower platforms of battlefield without jumping up to them. i have been trying to trap people with this, and have been trying to combo into it for kills, but can't seem to do it yet.

the other thing is when i do use Dthrow i try to go for a Dair. since it's so fast, if i do it right every toe tap will connect.

i have been trying to practice grenades, but that has also been tough.

i am looking out for a youtube video or a guide on some snake combos to pop up here so i can try practicing them.
i could use some help here guys. i didnt take smash 4 seriously and didnt really practice in that game, but since i own a switch and ultimate i want to actually try to not be ass with at least 1 character.

Perversion

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW 3699 5960 3002
As DavemanCozy said, take a look at the two threads. Another thread to take a look at is Snake video thread as well, which will be linked below. I recommend watching Jtails' video. With Snake, you're meant to be utilizing stage control with your various kit. C4 for intentional placement with the idea that your opponent may forget the placement to surprise them or to stop them from going to a specific area of the stage. Grenades for more on demand, Grenade and shield to just drop, grenade and hold back as you release you do a high close throw, release normally with no directional input for a normal toss, and hold forward as you release and you do a strong throw. Control the off stage air with Nikita, or even usmash in order to ledge guard effectively or to chase campy characters while you're behind. Avoid dthrow as it's not that great until you get your opponent to 160% where you can get a guaranteed utilt kill. Utilt and ftilt are great attacks and jab 1 also comes out very fast too. Uthrow is your combo-ish throw as bthrow and fthrow you don't really have any follow-ups and and can potentially kill with decently high percents.

Jtails' video:
https://smashboards.com/threads/snake-video-thread.465391/

But again, please refer to other threads in the future. We're all learning/relearning.

Top Bottom