• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

!New Smash Melee technique?

Goty Rase

Smash Cadet
Slippi.gg
RAZ#535
Recently trying to find new roy combos i thinked if it is possible to do a rar/slingshot in melee or something similar, basically is doing a bair but in front of you, you can search in YouTube videos about it, if you do a dash in front and instantly do a dash to the other side, jump and move the stick to the other side in the right movement you will be looking backwards and you can do a bair, this can open the door to new combos or throw follow ups, i don’t know if this is something new in melee so: This is new or not? Also what you think about Rar in melee? I think that are other ways to perform this but I am not sure, I will check it later.

Last edited:

CaptainVirgil

Smash Rookie
Slippi.gg
CAPT#399
The closest thing in Melee that I can think of is a moonwalk bair or maybe a smash turn pivot jump bair. I found a Reddit thread that compared the latter to RAR so that might be something to look into.

RoundUp

Smash Cadet
Slippi.gg
RNDP#758
yeah you're just referring to a smashturn pivot jump bair. its very controller dependant and inconsistent, so its mostly unviable. dont really think its worth doing tbh unless you're going for style points

Goty Rase

Smash Cadet
Slippi.gg
RAZ#535
yeah you're just referring to a smashturn pivot jump bair. its very controller dependant and inconsistent, so its mostly unviable. dont really think its worth doing tbh unless you're going for style points
Yeah, it is inconsistent I know, but not useless, if I not wrong Ness can do a 0 to death combo to Jigglypuff

RoundUp

Smash Cadet
Slippi.gg
RNDP#758
Yeah, it is inconsistent I know, but not useless, if I not wrong Ness can do a 0 to death combo to Jigglypuff
i doubt that, with good di, sdi, platform usage and techs, you can escape almost any combo, especially as puff lol
got a link to that combo? i also doubt that a smashturn pivot jump bair is required for that, a reverse strong bair would probably be easier

Goty Rase

Smash Cadet
Slippi.gg
RAZ#535
i doubt that, with good di, sdi, platform usage and techs, you can escape almost any combo, especially as puff lol
got a link to that combo? i also doubt that a smashturn pivot jump bair is required for that, a reverse strong bair would probably be easier
Okay, I could not make a 0 to death but I make a combo that makes 60 to Jigglypuff, also if you only make you character see to the opposite side and jump putting the stick in one of the 4 corners (like slingshot in Smash Ultimate) you can do a bair easily and consistent

Goty Rase

Smash Cadet
Slippi.gg
RAZ#535
I have a video but I need to uploaded to YouTube for share it

RoundUp

Smash Cadet
Slippi.gg
RNDP#758
Okay, I could not make a 0 to death but I make a combo that makes 60 to Jigglypuff, also if you only make you character see to the opposite side and jump putting the stick in one of the 4 corners (like slingshot in Smash Ultimate) you can do a bair easily and consistent
pivotjumping with tapjump wont give you any drift, and using this method you jump back, which isnt exactly what you want to do in the situation you outlined

BlusterKongTheKing

Smash Rookie
Slippi.gg
HCOX#738
If the Ness combo exists I'll go back to maining him. Then he would only have like 3 unwinnable matchups :)

Goty Rase

Smash Cadet
Slippi.gg
RAZ#535
uploaded it yet? really curious to see what you're cooking. i still don't believe that you can true combo puff for 60% if they're diing/sdiing
The combo consist of down throw to fair to other fair, grab puff again and make a back air, I think that it is like that, I have two laptops and one haved the video with the combo but I restarted the laptop and forbidden saving the video so I can’t verify the real combo I made, other form I think it was PK fire to down throw to fair to back air.The only think that I can assure it is that the combo uses down throw, fair and back air.You can try, I think that the fair it is a very good combo tool for the matchup of Puff.

Top Bottom