• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New smash game resolutions.

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
As we prepare for another smash game, are there any areas in which you wish to change an undesired trait or behavior to improve your smash bros experience?

For me I'll go with this:

- Play more of the roster, while I can destroy my friends (who are not very good, due to not practicing/caring as much as I do) with the random button when I go online I'm really only comfortable playing like 5 characters, I'd like to branch out more and instead of just being able to use every character decently, actually put some work into as many as possible.

- Play characters I've somewhat ignored in the past because I'm not a fan of the character or their series, or don't like that they made it into the game, as they might actually be fun to play outside of my bias towards them. I think I've only played :ultbayonetta: once as soon as I purchased her and I don't think I've used her since.

- Get less salty when I lose, at the start of Smash 4 I was that guy who had already dumped so much time into the demo (with Mario ofc) and at the beginning of playing For Glory everyone was using Little Mac and it was extremely easy to gimp/spike him so I had a very high win rate on top of being the best in my circle of friends I play with irl I definitely have an ego. I guess it's caused me to be a sore loser when I lose online or at the few tournaments I've entered, not that I'm a **** about it, I don't harass people online after beating or losing to them or talk **** at tournaments I just have that mindset of "I shouldn't have lost" and I need to get rid of that.

- Gotta play smarter and try to read airdodges, I'm not a patient enough player.

- I also am pretty predictable to people who pay attention to patterns, I noticed how big this was when I went to my first tournament, I didn't really adjust and change my playing and got punished a lot, to the point where it felt like I couldn't even get back to the stage.

So tl;dr - Be more patient, and be less stubborn.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Since I passed on Sm4sh due to years ago losing interest in Nintendo until getting back into the phase. I'll try out every one and each character that debuted in Sm4sh.

scoobymcsnack

Smash Journeyman
Hmmm, this seems like a fun thread.
  • Try and play more casual with my friends. I've always been a casual player, just recently dabbling in competitive, but all my friends are competitive players. I have fun playing with competitive rules, but sometimes I want to play on more than 5 stages. So if I can get more of my friends to play casual with me, while also playing competitive, it would be nice. TLDR; Try and balance playing casual and competitive with my friends.
  • Speaking of competitive, I need to practice more. While I participate in tournaments (even helping run one with my youth group soon), I never do well because I never practice competitive. The closest I've come to practicing is playing with my friends using competitive rules, but even then it's usally a free for all and not a 1v1. Definitely need to make use of For Glory and training mode.
  • Play every character and mode at least once, preferably more than that.

D

Deleted member

My goal is to be one of the best Zelda's in Smash Ultimate. And im not letting anyone dicourage me from doing so.

Last edited by a moderator:

Yosher

Smash Ace
NNID
Yosher
This is more of a general goal than it is Smash specific, but since it's also about Smash: I want to stop caring so much about winning, or more specifically, my win/loss ratio. Of course I still WANT to win, but I don't want to become so salty when I lose. Specifically when playing Splatoon though I curse a lot when things don't go right for my team, and in Smash I just don't play against other people enough because, much as I hate to admit it, I'm afraid of losing (which stupidly enough is partly because I don't want to see Yoshi lose but that's another thing altogether). And I really, really need to get rid of this mindset, just jump in, and have a good time regardless of whether I win or lose!

Other than the above, going onto something more Smash specific, I just want to improve my Yoshi game more. I'll still play a large variety of the characters, because I love a lot of the characters on this roster, but Yoshi will be my main forever and I'll continue to try and improve my game with him. :yoshi:

AIM0001

Smash Lord
1. Be a better edge guarder (doing more damage and getting more kills while edge guarding)

2. Be better with characters who have bad/unconvential recovers. (Dedede, Ike, Ness, Cloud etc.)

3. I’m going to try playing characters I ignored for years like Peach/Daisy, Ice Climbers, Pokemon Trainer, and Ganondorf.

4. Get back into Snake and Wolf!

5. Play with items and non Omega stages more often BUT still maintaining competitive setting when doing 1v1 with my brother and tourneys.

6. Set up my first successful tourney.

7. Actually try to unlock “most” everything unlike 4 where I left a lot of things unfinished such as Event mode etc.

8. Make sure I unlock all music tracks!

9. Make Squad Strike my jam!

Kadji100

Smash Cadet
For me its those 3 Points:

Play more online (hoping that the connection is better than in sm4sh)
Do less Dash-Attacks, use more Grabs instead
Master the Perfect Shield mechanic (i think as a Ganondorf main this could have huge potential)

Luxent

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Luxent
Switch FC
Try to play as heavyweights.

All of my mains/backups are floaty characters with great off-stage game, like Peach, Wii Fit, Ness, Game&Watch....I'd be damned if I pick up Ganon or Bowser... but I'd love to try. (Especially now that K.Rool is here omfg)

thirsty-pocket

Smash Ace
I guess this isn't entirely Smash related, but maybe, play the games that characters I am unfamiliar with are from.

I'm not going to play Fire Emblem, as I've tried, and ultimately decided it's not for me, and it will never be for me. But that does leave Xenoblade, Final Fantasy VII, Bayonetta. Might extend that to games represented from a series i'm familiar with but still haven't played, like the newer Kirby and Yoshi games.

Top Bottom