• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NEW Skies of Arcadia themed stage - Soltis Airspace

PegasusKnt

Smash Apprentice

5/29/17 Edit: Made the following changes in response to feedback:

gameplay-
Increased platform width by 20%

aesthetics-
Symbol on the central dias now changes depending on which moon is most visible
Increased platform depth by 100% to increase their visibility
Added gold highlights to ledges to increase their visibility
Reduced visual clutter on main stage textures and darkened them
Adjusted fog values for distant objects to provide betters sense of distance
Reduced resolution on many textures (especially on distant objects) for the same reason
Fixed a visual bug that caused the blue moon to become invisible

3/15/17 Edit: Improved many of the textures to make them smoother. Also added some additional effects in the background and changed the platforms to move in a different pattern. The music was kind of quiet too, so I amplified it slightly.

Skies of Arcadia was one of the first games I ever played as a young, impressionable child. Words cannot describe how excited I am now to be posting this finished custom stage project: Soltis Airspace, a stage based on Skies of Arcadia. I have been working on this project on and off for over a year, and now it is finally complete!

The download link below includes...
-the stage (goes over Final)
-Stage Select Screen Icons
-5 music tracks, looped and in BRSTM format. Just plug and play!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5muhbw6j2f3o7f7/Skies of Arcadia - Soltis Airspace.rar?dl=0

Also, if you feel so inclined, feel free to donate. I'm working my way through college so every cent helps. You can make a donation of any amount here:
https://www.paypal.me/KAccisano

Last edited:

vathekid

Smash Apprentice
Really nice work ya got there! Great and beautiful work! I might slap this in my own build once I finally get ahold o SD card reader. Have ya thought of recreating the stage for a more competitive side, such as either a Battlefield layout or Final Destination size?

PegasusKnt

Smash Apprentice
Really nice work ya got there! Great and beautiful work! I might slap this in my own build once I finally get ahold o SD card reader. Have ya thought of recreating the stage for a more competitive side, such as either a Battlefield layout or Final Destination size?
Thank you!
All competitive builds already include Battlefield and Final, so I didn't want to create something that would just be a redundant reskin. Personally I think moving platforms are acceptable in a competitive stage. I strove to make a movement pattern for the platforms on Soltis Airspace that would be unique, but predictable enough so as to be acceptable to competitive players.

Also size-wise, the stage is only about 5% smaller than final.

Last edited:

vathekid

Smash Apprentice
Ah I see and understand
And it is true that reskins can be abit repetitive, and it is nice to see some beautiful imagination!
If I may ask, what are some BRSTMS that you think would fit the stage?

vathekid

Smash Apprentice
Also, just started it up on my Wii and my breath was taken by all the elements of the background itself! As well as the smooth stage with small, but odd platforms creates quite a different approach as well as unique gameplay! I love the stage as well as the music that came along! hopefully you continue with this great setup ya got, though hopefully not as consuming of time. then again, slow and steady does win the race.
Also, would it be cool to take a chat up with ya in Private message about questions and such as well? if not I do understand

PegasusKnt

Smash Apprentice
Also, just started it up on my Wii and my breath was taken by all the elements of the background itself! As well as the smooth stage with small, but odd platforms creates quite a different approach as well as unique gameplay! I love the stage as well as the music that came along! hopefully you continue with this great setup ya got, though hopefully not as consuming of time. then again, slow and steady does win the race.
Also, would it be cool to take a chat up with ya in Private message about questions and such as well? if not I do understand
Glad you like it! It's nice to have my work appreciated. And sure, send me a PM any time you want.

PegasusKnt

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys, I made some updates on this stage to fix some problems people were pointing out to me (the biggest was that a lot of the textures were too detailed, so they didn't look right in the distance). I also changed the platforms because they were too close to the edges- the new configuration should be a LOT better.

Top Bottom