• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Data NEW Shulk Matchup Thread 'so shiny'

erico9001

You must find your own path to the future.
NNID
Erico9001
3DS FC
1091-8215-3292
Overview
A while ago we held some great match-up discussions here on Smashboards. To improve matchup understanding, I want to make that a thing again. Though -- back then, we had some issues that should hopefully be taken care of with this new version.
  1. The Smashboards system itself... it was not very kind to retrieving information about the type of discussion. This issue is 100% fixed by Shulk101, where we can store the most useful information we extract from the discussions.
  2. Lack of guidance. We didn't really set out much guidelines for what we wanted to achieve with the discussions. Shulk101 kind of does that for us now - lays out the key information we want to find. The idea is to fill up those tabs.
  3. MU Score Discussion Centralization - People would tend to focus on how good the matchup is for Shulk more than to discover things about it. Conclusions on this were made too quickly. We don't need to do this much since Napon, a Shulk Discord mod, has collected community and professional MU scores through independent polls. The discussion is still welcome ... but it isn't very productive to focus on.
Lastly, activity - It was sometimes good, and sometimes bad. 'So... if it was an issue then, how could we possibly pull this off now?' Well, my idea is to try out integrating the Shulk JMU discussions on Discord (which are very active) with Smashboards threads made for each one. Why would we do this? Well, I think it's fairly well known or at least common sense that the JMU discussions do not have such a depth in their discussion that we used to achieve here. The trade off is higher quantity - more posts which don't go as in depth. I would like to see participators from those events to come onto here and do some more in depth discussion, or at the least summaries of what they are.

The framework of this:
  1. Discord:
    1. Character / MU Q&A's :substitute::confused:
    2. Battle matchmaking:4miisword:
    3. Social stuff :happysheep:
    4. Light analysis :drohmy:
    5. Wide-scoped information retrieval :4shulk:
  2. Smashboards
    1. Focused discussion :137:
    2. In-depth analysis:4shulk::4shulk:
    3. Ideas and exploration :idea:
    4. Arguments :smash:
    5. Summarizing JMU Information :ankoku:
    6. Technically you can do Q&A or light analysis here too, but the responses would be slower. :tired:
  3. Shulk101
    1. More summarizing of information :ankoku::ankoku:
    2. Storing information :awesome:
    3. Retrieving information easily :shades:
Joining the Shulk discord community is not a requirement, but as a co-owner there I recommend it!

Also, assuming this takes off, each JMU will have its own thread, where I will link to the server the JMU is taking place in and give instructions on how to get the right flair to participate.

OTHERWISE:
Go ahead and talk about any match-up stuff in this channel that you like! No need to wait until the thread or jmu happens!

Top Bottom