• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New sheik main! Trying to learn needle fidgeting

Kowst

Smash Rookie
Alrighty hey there guys! I'm a scrub in general to ssb mechanics in general. I've owned melee and brawl, but I never got past being an extremely casual player that only pulled the game out to play the story mode or to play with some friends.

That being said I understand that needle fidgeting was discovered in ssb4 and I'm juggling practicing all of Sheiks mechanics at once even though that's probably not the best way to improve.

Anyhow I've given this advance tech a few goes and I either am missing a crucial part to this to making it work in ssbu OR it's no longer possible in Ultimate. I put the game into .5x speed and .25x speed in training mode tp attemp needle fidgeting and my plan was to speed it up progressive since it's such a small frame window to getting it to work. However after attempting to get this to work for like 15 min. I failed. Repeatedly.

SO can some one talk me through this or inform me if I'm wasting my time because it no longer exist in ssbu?

Thanks in advance!

OjeiNoWay

Smash Rookie
I don't think Needle Fidgeting Works Anymore due to the Changes to the Buffer System and Airdodging, The only way to cancel Needle Charge without Airdodging now is by cancelling it with Jump.

Ryan F.

Smash Rookie
You can still needle fidget. You just need to press the trigger as little as possible and release as soon as you can. If you try to full press the trigger you will be too slow and buffer shield.

Top Bottom