• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New sexy ROB tech you've never heard of: Gyro Flashing?

Sneez

Smash Apprentice
Found this nutty tech in 3.5, was waiting for 3.6 to drop so ROB wouldn't be nerfed too bad. I was gonna make a video but I am way too lazy to deal with that so I'm just gonna tell you about it in plain text. So the tech inputs are: with gyro in hand and grounded, you jump, on the 2nd airborne frame you drop the top with z, 2 frames later you input an airdodge diagonal down. so its frame 0: jump, frame 7: z, frame 9: waveland. So what ends up happening is you flash the gyro hitbox in the middle of a slowed-down wavedash. I'm thinking the tech should be called gyro flashing. the result is similar to fox's shine, though it has like 0 priority and comes out way slower because you have to jump. with no di you can chain it into itself on most of the cast by inputting a dash in between hits, and you can mix it up with z-drop nair/boost fair.

So obviously the tech is a bit limited since if the opponent has a hitbox out the top will just get hit away and get out-prioritized. It still needs to be explored a lot more, I feel it's at least a good shield poke and at most a really good combo option. This is also a good peach tech, I tested it and it works with stitch faces. It doesn't seem to work with diddy's bananas since for some reason bananas fly upwards after being dropped on someone. This tech is more doable for ROB than anyone else because ROB holds items out in front of him, not in the middle of his body. Also to note, if you drop the gyro on the first airborne frame and you don't hit anyone with it, it will disappear before you input your airdodge. If you do hit someone on the first airborne frame, you'll be able to get it back. Play around with it, let me know what you think.

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
It doesn't really need some super special cool ultra sexy tech name really
considering the size of gyro's hitbox (read: tiny) and the positioning required + the pre-req of having a gyro in hand, I don't see this being useful in many situations
and lol@ thinking this would have affected ROB getting nerfed in any way

Last edited:

Sneez

Smash Apprentice
i think u just mad u didn't find it first >:]

Sneez

Smash Apprentice
lol that would be too narcissistic, not my style. I forgot to mention that once you drop the top, you can also agt it so you can drop it on someone and then throw it at them right after.

Top Bottom