• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Series: Sonic Tips/Discussion

TSM JKFrost

Smash Rookie
Hey Fellas! My name is JKFrost. I'm a pro Smasher from PA and am currently part of TSM. In Smash 4, I main Sonic and Fox, though I use Sonic slightly more. Many consider me to be a strong Sonic player, and I've been asked for tips.

What I've noticed online and at tournaments is that Sonic is not played very well. He's played exceptionally poor by spammers and tryhards who end up getting crushed do to predictable approaches and repeated combos (especially side/down b, uair, short hop, uair, up b, uair). Sonic has gained a notoriously bad reputation in the Smash 4 community, and is currently considered to be one of the worst characters to fight in the game, due to be being campy and predictable, making matches seem slow and boring despite Sonic's unfathomable speed. What makes it even worse is that Sonic is one of the best characters in the game, currently placing 6th on the Tier List.

As time went on, I began to notice that people haven't realized Sonic's offensive potential. If you put Sonic on the offensive side and play him to his maximum potential, Sonic can be amazing to watch. His combo abilities, grab game, KO options and edgegaurding abilities can make watching him a absolute pleasure to watch if played correctly.

Every Sunday, I'll be posting on these boards giving tips on how to be successful and look stylish in the process. Together, us Sonic's will rule Smash 4! :D
-JKFrost

Also, I like Bagels. :3

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
I'm from PA and I compete there all the time. I haven't heard of you or your Sonic. You're also not on our state's PR.

So pro.

:093:

TSM JKFrost

Smash Rookie
I'm from PA and I compete there all the time. I haven't heard of you or your Sonic. You're also not on our state's PR.

So pro.

I'm from a city called Lancaster. I don't get to attend as many tourneys as I'd like since I have Schoolwork pretty much all the time.

If you're holding a tourney then I'll gladly come. Just give me the address.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
I'm from a city called Lancaster. I don't get to attend as many tourneys as I'd like since I have Schoolwork pretty much all the time.
So... Pro Smasher?
If you're holding a tourney then I'll gladly come. Just give me the address.
Smash with BAE in Allentown
Brotherly Love in Philadelphia

Just to name a couple.
To be fair, Lancaster is an actual area in PA.

The TSM thing was too obnoxious for me to even begin to address it.

Top Bottom