• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Samus Tech? Platform Missile Cancel Shield Drop (PMCSD)

"Scorp"

Smash Rookie
I really don't know how useful this is, because it's hard to do too - You have to be frame perfect pretty much.

I was playing with missiles and found if you Missile Cancel on Platform > Shield > Down you will pretty much pass straight through the platform while shooting a missile. It's kind of like a wavedash directly downwards after missile cancel.

Video: https://media.giphy.com/media/d31x7mvSTVFpFHTq/giphy.gif

Litt

Samus
I really don't know how useful this is, because it's hard to do too - You have to be frame perfect pretty much.

I was playing with missiles and found if you Missile Cancel on Platform > Shield > Down you will pretty much pass straight through the platform while shooting a missile. It's kind of like a wavedash directly downwards after missile cancel.

Video: https://media.giphy.com/media/d31x7mvSTVFpFHTq/giphy.gif

Figured this out quite some time ago, however it is not its own unique tech. Yes you do have to be frame perfect, and this is a combo of 2 techs, missile canceling & shai drop. (There are about 3-4 ways to shai drop, however this method is the one I use for AI shai drops, something much more useful than Missile Shai drops)

Missile Shai Drops are not that useful because you simply save 1-2 frames and the amount of inputs required don't really bring with it any additional benefits aside from fractions of a second saved.

Litt

Samus
Ah there you go, no worries. Didn't know about the "Shai" drop
Thats what the boards are here for, gaining knowledge. Happy to help, but i do suggest reading up on Shai Drops to better understand how to utilize it for samus and in general. Isai drops are nearly just as good tbh, just a few frames difference but at the highest level a few frames can make all the difference

Top Bottom