• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Ryu Tech?

KoketsunaOkami

Smash Rookie
Hey. Just a quick question. You know how in melee wavedashing to the ledge when facing away from it lets you drop off and automatically catch it? I just did the same thing with Ryu in smash 4. I did it by inputting away from the ledge, then about two frames after it inputting a fire hadouken towards the ledge. So basically a normal fire hadouken except with a miniscule linger on the first directional input. Doing this allows for Ryu to drop off and catch the ledge, which can potentially allow for mixups and mindgames, as well as edgeguards, offstages combat, and manoeuvrability. I dont know if this is an already discovered tech, but if it isnt id like for it to be known as Hot-Dropping. Anyway. Would just like to know if this has been found before and im just very late to the party or not. Thanks.

Hey. Just a quick question. You know how in melee wavedashing to the ledge when facing away from it lets you drop off and automatically catch it? I just did the same thing with Ryu in smash 4. I did it by inputting away from the ledge, then about two frames after it inputting a fire hadouken towards the ledge. So basically a normal fire hadouken except with a miniscule linger on the first directional input. Doing this allows for Ryu to drop off and catch the ledge, which can potentially allow for mixups and mindgames, as well as edgeguards, offstages combat, and manoeuvrability. I dont know if this is an already discovered tech, but if it isnt id like for it to be known as Hot-Dropping. Anyway. Would just like to know if this has been found before and im just very late to the party or not. Thanks.
Video please

Shaymojack

Smash Rookie
It does just sound like instant ledge grab. No need for a fire hadouken, every character can do it by just holding away from the stage and rolling the control stick down and back toward the stage.

Top Bottom