• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Poltergust in Simon Belmont Trailer?

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
I've noticed in the new Simon Belmont trailer Luigi has a new Poltergust. It is of a design we've never seen before, specifically the silo in the back filled with green energy particularly sticks out to me. Sakurai has always been a stickler for nostalgia, so why redesign the Poltergust?

There's only three possibilities for this in my mind:

1. Luigi's Mansion 3 is going to be a thing and Sakurai wanted to use the new model so that Ultimate is up to date on a game not release/announced.
  2. Luigi is getting a new final smash and Sakurai wanted to give it a snazzy makeover.
  3. With the new gamemode "Spirits" allegedly existing, does ghost catcher Luigi have anything to do with it?

Last edited:

thirsty-pocket

Smash Ace
I can't believe that the theories were true.
Or at least, I wouldn't have believed it if not for the plunger firing ability. A redesign could be waved off as just being redesigned for Smash, but an ability he never used in Luigi's Mansion? Now that's what made me think this was a hint.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Now the real question is, will it be used in his final smash, and will it function differently in some way?

Top Bottom