• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Pokken Tournament Trailer Released!

Icebeatsfire

Smash Rookie
I would love to see Scizor show up in this game. :212:
Also, I know Nintendo and Game Freak can make some dumb decisions sometimes but there's NO way they could be so dumb as to keep this game Japan-only, right?...Right?
Well, Smash bros. 64 was meant to be japan only until it got very popular so it depends on how this game blows out.

TheQuasiZillionaire

Smash Cadet
Honestly, to me it kinda looks like a remix of those old Naruto games. That's not necessarily a bad thing, but I kinda feel like those games were unbalanced and sometimes frustrating.

SleuthMechanism

Smash Ace
NNID
SleuthMechanism
3DS FC
4184-2631-5815
Switch FC
SW-7949-7248-8280
Blaziken(though he's pretty much a shoe-in. would just be plain weird not to see him in) cofagrigus(a grappler and trap-based character. also would be cool to see one of the more sinister mons in the series in here), gengar(could see him being a tricky long range zoner), and Hawlucha(FLYING PRESS), hitmonlee(fave fighting type). Impossible dream character: Entei with ridiculous dan green voice.As for characters that i predict will appear next: Entei & Raikou because suicune is in(wouldn't mind seeing them either since scared fire on entei would look glorious), greninja because every fighting game needs a ninja, blaziken because it's pretty much the first thing one would think of when one hears "pokemon fighter"

Last edited:

SleuthMechanism

Smash Ace
NNID
SleuthMechanism
3DS FC
4184-2631-5815
Switch FC
SW-7949-7248-8280
Blaziken(though he's pretty much a shoe-in. would just be plain weird not to see him in) cofagrigus(a grappler and trap-based character. also would be cool to see one of the), gengar(could see him being a tricky long range zoner), and Hawlucha(FLYING PRESS), hitmonlee(fave fighting type). Impossible dream character: Entei with ridiculous dan green voice.As for characters that i predict will appear next: Entei & Raikou because suicune is in(wouldn't mind seeing them either since scared fire on entei would look glorious), greninja because every fighting game needs a ninja, blaziken because it's pretty much the first thing one would think of when one hears "pokemon fighter"edit: delete this post. computer screwed up and posted twice.

Last edited:

StriderSean

Smash Cadet
NNID
RagnarokSeraph
3DS FC
1332-8232-6969
Blaziken(though he's pretty much a shoe-in. would just be plain weird not to see him in) cofagrigus(a grappler and trap-based character. also would be cool to see one of the), gengar(could see him being a tricky long range zoner), and Hawlucha(FLYING PRESS), hitmonlee(fave fighting type). Impossible dream character: Entei with ridiculous dan green voice.As for characters that i predict will appear next: Entei & Raikou because suicune is in(wouldn't mind seeing them either since scared fire on entei would look glorious), greninja because every fighting game needs a ninja, blaziken because it's pretty much the first thing one would think of when one hears "pokemon fighter"edit: delete this post. computer screwed up and posted twice.
I feel like Greninja will have a lot of Raven-esque attacks.

Frost24

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0276-0207-1150

In a world where Pokémon games are mostly limited to turn-by-turn based gameplay, Pokken Tournament, the new game coming to arcades in Japan this summer stands out as a new take on a loved franchise. With the mash-up of popular characters from Pokémon along with gameplay akin to popular fighting game franchise Tekken, fans across the globe have been eagerly awaiting new details covering the new game. Yesterday, a new trailer was revealed, showing off more gameplay from Pokken Tournament. Fair warning, the trailer is entirely in Japanese.

The new game is still slated to be released exclusively in Japan as an arcade machine, and there is still no indication that there are plans to release a console port for the game worldwide. However, it's hard to believe that a game generating this much buzz would not eventually be released for the Wii U. What do you think of the gameplay? Which character do you want to see in this game next?

KhanYe will quit on NIntendo if Hawlucha doesn't get a well-deserved spot. Chat with him on Twitter @aymangolassi.
Cant wait till it comes to america

Frost24

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0276-0207-1150
My mains will be LUCARIO, GARDEVOIR OR GALADE, BLAZEKIN AND INFERNAPE

StriderSean

Smash Cadet
NNID
RagnarokSeraph
3DS FC
1332-8232-6969
Well, Smash bros. 64 was meant to be japan only until it got very popular so it depends on how this game blows out.
Well, seeing as how I think there's about the same amount of American and Japanese people who want the game, that seems to not be too much of a difficulty. But what about PAL region?

ArchmageMC

Smash Apprentice
I can say that if this isn't ported, then shame on Bandi/Nintendo. Modern day arcade machines are run using a refurbished windows computer. Its wayy cheaper to make a simple wooden shelf that holds a computer hooked up to a screen than a whole custom circuit board for the machine, esp since the refurbished computer costs them like 20-50 bucks.

So if they complain about how 'hard' it is to port it over in the future, just call them out on it. You can point out the massive amount of money they could've saved if they used a refurbished computer if there are custom circuits in there, or point out that its already a PC program if there is a computer in there.

So suffice it to say, it'll be released to consoles no problem.

Last edited:

SleuthMechanism

Smash Ace
NNID
SleuthMechanism
3DS FC
4184-2631-5815
Switch FC
SW-7949-7248-8280
I can say that if this isn't ported, then shame on Bandi/Nintendo. Modern day arcade machines are run using a refurbished windows computer. Its wayy cheaper to make a simple wooden shelf that holds a computer hooked up to a screen than a whole custom circuit board for the machine, esp since the refurbished computer costs them like 20-50 bucks.

So if they complain about how 'hard' it is to port it over in the future, just call them out on it. You can point out the massive amount of money they could've saved if they used a refurbished computer if there are custom circuits in there, or point out that its already a PC program if there is a computer in there.

So suffice it to say, it'll be released to consoles no problem.
agreed. the fact that this is pokemon: a franchise that prints money, genre be damned gives even more incentive to do so.(heck even a pokemon crossover with a franchise that has never been released in the us before was released internationally in the form of pokemon conquest) any other franchise i'd have more doubt on but not releasing a pokemon game internationally on consoles would just be a huge and completely idiotic loss for all parties involved.

Last edited:

Omegascizor456

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Aldog12
3DS FC
2449-5093-2142
I am honestly expecting an american announcement before the end of the year... Along with a worldwide Mewtwo announcement for this game because i feel like Pokemon international is gonna use him as their biggest cash cow...

TheGhostlyPidove

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2509-2709-5815
Okay, I have to do this. 15 OR SO POKES FOR THIS GAME
These are my nominations...
Escavalier
Sawk
Braviary/Starraptor.
Armaldo
Gallade
Bisharp
Breloom
Heracross
Tauros
Seviper
Zangoose
Yanmega
Barbaracle
Chestnaught
Noiverne
Manectric
Azumarill
Mawile
And finally, Pidove as an assist.

StriderSean

Smash Cadet
NNID
RagnarokSeraph
3DS FC
1332-8232-6969
Okay, I have to do this. 15 OR SO POKES FOR THIS GAME
These are my nominations...
Escavalier
Sawk
Braviary/Starraptor.
Armaldo
Gallade
Bisharp
Breloom
Heracross
Tauros
Seviper
Zangoose
Yanmega
Barbaracle
Chestnaught
Noiverne
Manectric
Azumarill
Mawile
And finally, Pidove as an assist.
So, are these ALL assists or fighters? If so, I think Tauros should be moved to an assist, mainly because it will be a little TOO clunky of a character, but instead maybe Zebstrika as a somewhat quick and long-range fighter, or Girafarig as a spacer. As for Staraptor, I almost said maybe just assist, but constant flight may mean that instead of good blocking, it will be good at dodging attacks. Here are all my ideas on your fighters: Escavalier: Quick attacks, but not quick movement, making it good as a sort of spacing wall; Sawk: Close quarters power, with all around prowess, and, while not having long-range options, can dodge long-range attacks; Armaldo: Somewhat quick in certain circumstances, and hits hard; Gallade: More long range options than other close range combatants, but revolves around forcing opponents into optimal circumstances, going along with some of his fencing attributes; Bisharp: While a little slow, Bisharp can cover a lot of ground with his attacks, and has a good amount of defense breakers, but can be left open if he doesn't hit; Breloom: Very quick, and covers a large amount of ground with his attacks; Heracross: Slow, but good grappling, shield-breaking, and armored attacks that can hit hard; Seviper: Low health and decently quick, but can dodge most of everything and hit hard, long and short range; Zangoose: Quick, powerful, and can take a decent amount of hits, but little long range options, making it a tactical rusher; Barbaracle: Extremely good grappling, and can break open defense a lot, but suffers in long-range options; Chesnaught: A defensive pokemon, can hit hard, but has to rely on his opponents hitting him first sometimes; Noivern: Long range options galore, and good close-range options, along with flight, however with low health; Manectric: Fast, Hits Hard, and is pretty balanced, but becomes really powerful with boost-up moves.

TheGhostlyPidove

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2509-2709-5815
So, are these ALL assists or fighters? If so, I think Tauros should be moved to an assist, mainly because it will be a little TOO clunky of a character, but instead maybe Zebstrika as a somewhat quick and long-range fighter, or Girafarig as a spacer. As for Staraptor, I almost said maybe just assist, but constant flight may mean that instead of good blocking, it will be good at dodging attacks. Here are all my ideas on your fighters: Escavalier: Quick attacks, but not quick movement, making it good as a sort of spacing wall; Sawk: Close quarters power, with all around prowess, and, while not having long-range options, can dodge long-range attacks; Armaldo: Somewhat quick in certain circumstances, and hits hard; Gallade: More long range options than other close range combatants, but revolves around forcing opponents into optimal circumstances, going along with some of his fencing attributes; Bisharp: While a little slow, Bisharp can cover a lot of ground with his attacks, and has a good amount of defense breakers, but can be left open if he doesn't hit; Breloom: Very quick, and covers a large amount of ground with his attacks; Heracross: Slow, but good grappling, shield-breaking, and armored attacks that can hit hard; Seviper: Low health and decently quick, but can dodge most of everything and hit hard, long and short range; Zangoose: Quick, powerful, and can take a decent amount of hits, but little long range options, making it a tactical rusher; Barbaracle: Extremely good grappling, and can break open defense a lot, but suffers in long-range options; Chesnaught: A defensive pokemon, can hit hard, but has to rely on his opponents hitting him first sometimes; Noivern: Long range options galore, and good close-range options, along with flight, however with low health; Manectric: Fast, Hits Hard, and is pretty balanced, but becomes really powerful with boost-up moves.
Wow, that's a lot to take in. I agree with most of it, though. However, I thought of Heracross as less slow guard-breaker and more quick scrapper. That could go hand-in-hand with his mega, which gets Skill Link.
I like the ideas you have for Bisharp. Kind of has to read the opponent out to use him properly. I think it may be a good idea to include Sucker Punch into his repertoire as sort of a counter-ish moves, like it works in the Pokemon games. If the opponent is going to use an attack, Bisharp takes over instead and hits 'em up with a Sucker Punch.
I actually like the idea of Girafarig. A good spacer with things like Psybeam, but can also do decent in close range with things like stomp. Though you do want to keep them away, you can still fend for yourself up-close long enough to get them away again, Duck Hunt style.

<Green>

Smash Rookie
NNID
CrabbyGuy
:006:Charizard, :4greninja:Greninja, :150:Mewtwo, :substitute:Infernape, and :009:Blastoise would all be cool. also just because she my favorite pokemon, i want :039:Jigglypuff or :040:Wigglytuff.
I'm not sure if blastoise would work, but I definitely want jiggly puff. Back Airs for days!

Top Bottom