• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Pokémon Trainer characters ideas?

D

Deleted member

Since the concept of :ultpokemontrainer:'s switching Pokémon in battle is back, what about bringing new ideas of Pokémon trainer characters for Smash?

Starting with:

The Hoenn Pokémon Trainer with:
-

-

-

SHUCKLE MAN

Smash Cadet
I know it's a bit boring...

But they could do Charizard + Greninja + Decidueye if they want to save space on the character select screen lol.

Also someone mentioned in another thread that Pokemon Trainer could be Bulbasaur + Wartortle + Charizard. Which made me think that they could have Pokemon Trainer and Pokemon Trainer 2 (sort of a semi-clone of Pokemon Trainer).

Pokemon Trainer - Ivysaur + Charizard-Y + Squirtle
Pokemon Trainer 2 - Bulbasaur + Charizard-X + Wartortle

and then have regular Charizard as a stand-alone character.

Another option is they could have a famous trainer from the Pokemon games. E.g. Bruno with Hitmonchan + Hitmonlee + Machamp or Hitmontop

In response to the post above, I doubt they'd have Jessie and James because they are from the anime (although they did sort of appear in Pokemon Yellow and might appear in the new Let's Go games, so who knows, and also we know they considered Meowth instead of Jigglypuff for the original games, so they could finally make him playable).

Last edited:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
New Pokémon Trainer character? I know a good character! Team Rocket from Pokémon Yellow!

It's Jessie and James and they stay in the background. You play as a team of Meowth and a Poison-type Pokémon. Down+B to switch between Arbok and Weezing.

Top Bottom