• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(New player) Options to get back on stage when clinging on ledge?

PackAttack91

Smash Rookie
I watched the interactive guide posted and it is really helping me understand how to approach different situations and how to combo. One thing I was wondering is what I should do to get back on stage while clinging when an opponent is there waiting for me.

I have watched some tutorials for other characters and they usually have some safe ways to get back on by dropping down and then jumping back in with an aerial, does Mario have a good play like this? Is the get up attack generally a bad option?

steep

Smash Lord
First of all, welcome! It's always good to see new players. In answer to your question...

I'll make a complete list of all our options to get up off the ledge, and I'll kind of give a synopsis of when you should and shouldn't use each of them. And kinda rank them too. I'll post it tomorrow.

PackAttack91

Smash Rookie
Thank you.

Also, one more question. What's the best follow up when using your cape, to give your opponent extra landing lag, when they jump in?

Coolwhip

Smash Champion
NNID
Co0lwhip
You know, you coulda just went to the questions and answers thread other then making one. Welcome to the boards.

:pow:

PackAttack91

Smash Rookie
You know, you coulda just went to the questions and answers thread other then making one. Welcome to the boards.

:pow:
Will do, I thought of a bunch more while practicing.

It doesn't look very active in that thread though, the last post before mine was in June or July.

JuxtaposeX

Smash Lord
I generally like to hold down when im on the ledge, it's especially useful against MK

T25XL

Smash Journeyman
I use many different options. Cape>Bair, Dair onto the stage, Wall jump>Bair, and when the opponent is close enough I may just go Uair>Nair or something. There are many options. Choose what's best for you

Top Bottom