• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - E3 Invitational 2014 New platformmechanic or different gamebuilds at bestbuy compared to E3!

Nstinct

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3626-0477-8909
True, I'm sure they are. Someone mentioned that rolling kept your direction in the Best Buy version, but the videos at the invitationals show that rolling works standard.

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
I can attest that there are different builds. I played builds where certain items didn't exist or didn't outright work and then other builds which they did. It was extremely confusing.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
I can attest that there are different builds. I played builds where certain items didn't exist or didn't outright work and then other builds which they did. It was extremely confusing.
imo, with a game this big, there was probably some specific test data they wanted, so they included a few versions, each with specific stuff they wanted data on. Just goes to show how much is still open to change in the next few months.

Hong

The Strongest
Was Wii Fit Trainer♂ available on the Best Buy demo? Because I had only seen the female trainer in the demo (should have tried to cycle her colours), but the male trainer can be seen in gameplay videos at e3.

That alone leaves me to believe the distribution demo is lighter.

Last edited:

Yoshi Kirishima

Smash Lord
Oh, in the second video, do you mean how Pika seems to slide sideways off the platform while using Thunder.... or something?
Woulda helped if the OP left a simple note to know exactly what we're looking at or for.

I think it's that the thunder goes through the platform, in the other it hits the platform and stops like in brawl.

Smasher89

Smash Lord
Well its analysing time atm (since only vids are releaswed and not the game);O, the difference with thunder is exacly what i noticed.

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
Thunder's mechanic is that it passes through platforms early in the bolt but is stopped later in the bolt. We confirmed this in th Best Buy demo. If the two videos linked are just showing it being stopped by one platform and not by another, that's probably the reason.

From a game design standpoint, making two different builds for the demo is completely insane.

Top Bottom