• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Peach Main - Seeking Advice

Godwurm

Smash Rookie
I've recently picked up Peach and I'm looking to main her, one thing I've had trouble with is knowing her best approach/killing options, obviously this can vary between matchups but any advice on this or anything else Peach related would be greatly appreciated. :)

GreenMonkey

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3411-4102-3196
Personally, I believe that Peach is a defensive character and her playstyle revolves around stopping approaches with her turnips or safely pressuring opponents' shield with Floating Dair.

I love forcing opponents to stay in shield with some turnips, then go in with a grab. Down-throw can lead into an abundance of follow-ups (Bair, F-tilt, Side-B...), and it's the throw you want to go for at low percentages to rack up damage quickly.

Peach excels at edge-guarding, so when you catch opponents offstage, be brave and swoop in with a Floating Fair, Nair, or Dair. Or you can even stay onstage and try to snipe recovering opponents with turnips.

Most of my kills with Peach revolves around good edgeguards. If you can't secure a stock offstage, then try to land a Fair or a Smash. D-throw into Uair can kill at relatively high percentages if the opponent doesn't airdodge, or you can read an airdodge at around 85%~95% and charge an U-smash instead.

Other little strings like turnip into Fair or D-tilt into Fair can also land you a kill. And if you really need it, Peachy also has a semi-potent B-throw that you can use to kill with.

DrROBschiz

Smash Apprentice
Peach is an ALL rounder. You have to tailor your play to the matchup.

Some good basics are your throw combos. Dthrow to Ftilt at 0-40, Dthrow to Back Air at 40-60ish

After that you need every tool in your arsenal. She doesnt have guaranteed kill options until high percent. You kind of have to plug away, gimp offstage, or snag a good read.

B-Throw kill is nice but you need to be near the edge. Her offstage gimp game is actually really strong. Turnips, NAIR, Fair, and Toad on Hitbox recoveries.

meticulousboy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
gradius_16
3DS FC
1005-8934-0229
Yes. Learn to love that Toad move. Now I don't mean love it to the point where you start spamming it. I mean learn to love and appreciate its offstage applications. Toad should be the first move that comes to your mind onstage when you see Ike or Kirby using their Up B to recover right below the ledge.

Last edited:
Top Bottom