• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Peach Combo Movie: New Name: Killer Queen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Samochan

Smash Master
JFox (Peach) vs Tec0 (Falcon)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GvMC5ygcaLw&feature=channel_page

@ 2:18

0 to 109. Combo with some tech chase, good use of utilt. (Should have been a 0-death but I ****ed up the edgeguard)
Fairly good combo, the drop down uair was fairly inventive way of avoiding his wakeup attack and continuing to combo him. :3 But ****, such godawful di, which translates to no di at all. <_<; Oh well, all tec0 can blame is himself lol (unless he deliberately neglected to di on the span of 3 seconds). When this combo vid is done I don't wanna hear about "they suck at di" comments though, which are too common response to combo videos, which in turn translates to "your opponents suck too much cause they can't di" which is certainly not true, but noobs don't think about the why and how's a combo became into being anyway. :/ But good introduction speech should alleviate this problem in any case.

Shame that yuna's tourney is in danger of being cancelled, which means no ajp anton super quality vids for me and no recent combos from me either.:urg:

JFox

Smash Hero
samochan, I don't know if you realize who teczero is. The reason he was DI'ing "badly" was because he didn't know wtf kinda combo I was doing, and being that he was right near the edge of the stage, he thought I was just gonna hit him off. So really he was doing survival DI because he didn't expect that sort of a combo. Had he not been doing survival DI, he risked the chance of DI'ing wrong and getting edgegaurded at low percent. Nothing about that combo is nubbish at all.

Samochan

Smash Master
samochan, I don't know if you realize who teczero is. The reason he was DI'ing "badly" was because he didn't know wtf kinda combo I was doing, and being that he was right near the edge of the stage, he thought I was just gonna hit him off. So really he was doing survival DI because he didn't expect that sort of a combo. Had he not been doing survival DI, he risked the chance of DI'ing wrong and getting edgegaurded at low percent. Nothing about that combo is nubbish at all.
Nevermind, it's just that di'ing is always a better option than not doing it at all and he had the choice of going off stage with only medium damage or going to the center and tech and such. (Note he di'ed mostly up, if only slightly to right from that last uair. He'd have needed to di more diagonally right if he wanted to survival di properly against hits sending him left and even if he was sent right instead, he didn't have enough damage to be sent too far away so he couldn't catch the ledge before you could edgeguard him.) His reputation hardly has anything to do with this lol, because I'd have commented the same thing even if it was m2k being comboed there. I also didn't say your combo was noobish, cause you followed him accordingly when you saw he didn't di to any direction and thus didn't end your combo prematurely. It was also nice way of using drop down uair as I said, same with uptilting. It is a well known fact though that combos look a lot more impressive if opponent is trying to escape from 'em and the comboer can still follow, no? ;3

JFox

Smash Hero
LOL I can tell you like to argue, so I'm gonna let you have this one cuz this is gettin silly. IMO it was a sweet lookin combo regardless, but I'll let shakugan and ame be the judge of that.

JFox

Smash Hero
"mindgames under her dress" is the worst name for a combo video ever. Its not clever, its long and drawn out. People couldnt even say the whole name of scar's videos - I killed mufasa 2" became just "IKM2". You need a quick little catchy phrase thats clever and inventive.

IMO "Killer Queen" is a great name for a combo video, and all the rest is long and unnecessary.

XLII

Smash Cadet
"mindgames under her dress" is the worst name for a combo video ever. Its not clever, its long and drawn out. People couldnt even say the whole name of scar's videos - I killed mufasa 2" became just "IKM2". You need a quick little catchy phrase thats clever and inventive.

IMO "Killer Queen" is a great name for a combo video, and all the rest is long and unnecessary.
I agree that it needs to be short and catchy, but it also needs to have a very distinctive title for searching, and as you mentioned before, there is at least one song with the name killer queen, which comes up when you search youtube. I watch a lot of combo videos and I like to be able to search just the title of the combo video and get it as a result, but killer queen doesn't even get the trailer as a result on the first 10 pages of youtube, so I think that referring to it as killer queen is quick and easy, but it needs something else to make it easier to find on youtube

MacD

Banned via Administration
would it be so hard to type "killer queen peach " on youtube

i think just killer queen is actually better now that i think about it, short is good when it comes to combo vids

Shakugan

Smash Journeyman
LOL I can tell you like to argue, so I'm gonna let you have this one cuz this is gettin silly. IMO it was a sweet lookin combo regardless, but I'll let shakugan and ame be the judge of that.

I liked the combo i tought it was very good. Also Ame is no longer working on the Video with me ive taking over 100% of this project.

^ this.

lmfao <3 peach boards.

also a suggestion just shortening the name to mindgames under the dress. or peach: mindgames under the dress. i feel its words but thats just me.
I agree with you, and i will be changing the name to Killer Queen. Thanks for the advice there

Ive taking what you said and just made it happen

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yt8xeqyr3kc&feature=channel_page <--(@3:27, despite this being an old-*** video, this combo is still pretty sweet)
I have a couple more cool things I haven't uploaded yet, so I'll see if I can get those up soon.
This was an okay combo but if he would have followed up and killed the fox instead of standing there it would have been better, but there may be a place for it in the combo video so dont worry

I just read the first few pages of the thread, so I apologize if it was already posted, but here's a decent pink shinobi clip (besides the combo on ss on fd, which I think is a really good clip too):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YclGAkLPfk8

starts at 3:08
Im a big fan of Pink Shinobi, I liked the combo im sure there is a place for it.

Thanks too everyone for there input. keep it coming i need to work out all the problems before i release the Vid.

Shakugan, maybe im a lion

Cia

das kwl
why don't you name the combo video 'VaNz' ?

yeah, it's vain as hell. but there will probably be like.. one combo from me. and it's shorter than 'Killer Queen' which has 3 agonizing syllables.

:rotfl: :joyful: :rotfl:

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
I think it should be called "ISAI VS SILENTSPECTRE VS DARKRAIN VS CORT FALCON DITTO FFA POKEFLOATS"

You'd probably get more views that way too.

Shakugan

Smash Journeyman
I think it should be called "ISAI VS SILENTSPECTRE VS DARKRAIN VS CORT FALCON DITTO FFA POKEFLOATS"

You'd probably get more views that way too.
Thats soo true....If we had like a big name in the title of the Combo Movie we would get a lot of views.

JFox

Smash Hero
was that a joke? which of those "combos" would you like to see in a video? shield stab dsmash? Jump onto platform dsmash?

Your opponent was a moron.

Shakugan

Smash Journeyman
*blows dust off the thread* I have been around doing my thing getting ready to start production on this video.

everyone still has time to submit combos.

Quaz

Smash Master
whats up john. Come to my smashfest this coming sunday so we can ATTEMPT at recording some good peach stuff. just go falco against my peach or something and Im sure I'll pull some cool combo out of my *** sooner or later.

Shakugan

Smash Journeyman
i have some bad news :( something is wrong with my computer so im going to have someone fix it and i wont have it back for a week, so you now have more time to submit videos and what not.

All the clips i have already are safe, cuz i have them saved on a external harddrive

Me14k

Smash Lord
I need this monster biscuit.

I dont even care about the combo video anymore.

gimme biscuit.
If you are ever in the mw, especially U of Illinois, I'll buy you one.

Random Q: Do you have a psn named cubapete or something like that?

JFox

Smash Hero
Half this video is going to be armada clips. The **** he did at genesis was SOOOOO ridiculous. He's pretty much the m2k of peach.

Samochan

Smash Master
Everyone should be meat riding armada... oh wait, that sounds so wrong coming from a girl smasher. xD

Anyways, when the genesis vids come I shall see trough all the armada vids and post the combos I've found here. :3

MacD

Banned via Administration
like stich fair stich or whatever to kill mango, that was amazing

i think we all know how good armada is now, and how much we all suck with peach

Shakugan

Smash Journeyman
Looks I just made it in time I see. I just got my computer back :) Money problems kept me from going to Genesis, but what can i do. Since new footage is coming in im going to have to push back the release date for the combo video

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom