• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New patch to nerf the current top 3?(Cloud,Bayo and Diddy Kong)

Nerf Cloud, Bayo and Diddy?

• Yes

Votes: 11 44.0%
  • No

Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Keep them the way it is

Votes: 3 12.0%
  • No, the game is pretty balanced with or without the nerfs to them

Votes: 6 24.0%

• Total voters
Switch FC
SW-4514-4687-3014
It's cause I think Bayonneta's combo's are ridiculous, you can combo into UpB 3 times & her recovery is stupid safe, Cloud... I think it's his sword and limit break that makes him hard to deal.On the upside, he has poor recovery. and diddy kong moves has surprising good range, "Hoo-Haw" is just too good,and his throws... I don't know if his throws are good or bad.

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
I'd say it'd be good for the game overall but I personally wouldn't be happy about yet another patch going by if all we got were those changes, why bother nerfing the top tiers if we aren't going to buff the bottom tiers?

Switch FC
SW-4514-4687-3014
Interesting, what low/bottom tier characters would you guys buff? I would buff DDD, Jigglypuff, Kirby, Mr.Game&Watch, and Wario(He's so weak now...).
P.S.:I think duck Hunt is good and higher than he is on the tier list, it's just hard to hit those moves.

NuzTheMonkey

Smash Apprentice
First buff the lower tier fighters. :4jigglypuff::4ganondorf::4zelda::4dedede::4pacman:

P.S. "Hoo Hah" got nerfed hard a while ago.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Buffing vs nerfing is always tricky, you do need both to make your game balanced but endlessly buffing will lead to power creep and other problems.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Would I like a patch that nerfs them? Yes. Would I like a patch that only nerfs them? No. That's why 1.16 was so ineffectual. Sure it made Bayonetta ever so slightly less broken, but Jigglypuff and Zelda are still kind of just sitting there patiently waiting for buffs that will never come.

Roboticus

Smash Rookie
Jigglypuff will never be buffed. Sakurai clearly wants every game to have a joke character, and with the loss of pichu that became jigglypuff.

Ad3n

Smash Rookie
I feel like Rosa takes #3 over Diddy simply because of the reliable safe options and how hard it is to play around Luma with some characters

Crystanium

Smash Hero
I'd rather have some characters buffed. Diddy Kong has been nerfed enough that he doesn't need to be nerfed again. Bayonetta does need to be toned a tad, just because one hit is all it takes, and her combos can be reliably followed up, regardless of the percentage. Or so I've been told. If I could buff Samus, I'd have the following.

1. Slight increase in speed.
  2. F-smash would be given a better hitbox because it still whiffs!
  3. Faster charge for the charge shot and a little more knock back.
  4. More hitstun on the first jab.

Last edited by a moderator:

Guido65

Smash Apprentice
I wouldn't mind seeing them nerfed but I would rather see others buffed instead. Nerfing them wouldn't fix puff or zeldas core flaws.

Last edited:
Top Bottom