• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Palutena's Guidance Discussion

Which Characters who didn't get Palutena's Guidance Entries before are you looking forward to seeing

• Total voters

Dr. λ

Banned via Warnings
Mewtwo already got a fitting entry. He is an extremely rare Pokemon that secretly hides in a cave so it makes sense that Palutena would know nothing about him.

Dreamking

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DreamWanderer92
3DS FC
0817-5074-8674
Switch FC
6827-7951-1977
I think Bayo's will be an edit of the conversation from her trailer. Looking forward to seeing if that is the case.

I think the cut veterans and the prior DLC characters will get Guidances and the generic DLC guidance will be used for Piranha Plant and the five DLC characters. Maybe after they are all released, they will do an update to insert proper Guidances.

I, like others, would like to know if Codecs are back. I know the Colonel was retired, but there are other characters Snake communicated with by Codec right? They could reuse Brawl's codecs, and feature new characters for the cut veterans, SSB4 veterans, and Ultimate's newcomers.

Last edited:

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
I actually think Piranha Plant will get a guidance. Since he seems to have been in development for quite awhile. They probably had enough time to squeeze in a guidance for him. In fact I believe :ultpiranha: is 95% done and they're just holding him back to keep the game "fresh" we've seen Nintendo do this countless times with their games. Mario Tennis Aces doles out characters that are already on the cart, ARMS did it, Splatoon 2 does it, Mario Odyssey does it with costumes. I definitely don't think Smash will do the same with any content besides :ultpiranha:.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I am a little disappointed yes. Just seemed very lazy and uninformative. I mean they could've really just copied his amiibo description and I would've been content.

then folllow it up with a joke from Pit and Viridi instead of just going on about bananas and not the actual character himself.
While the guidance of his can’t be fixed...atleast he’s likely to be a top or high tier character (which is better than not getting a good convo)

Dr. λ

Banned via Warnings
I am a little disappointed yes. Just seemed very lazy and uninformative. I mean they could've really just copied his amiibo description and I would've been content.

then folllow it up with a joke from Pit and Viridi instead of just going on about bananas and not the actual character himself.
In addition he does not even like bananas which makes their guidance misleading.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
In addition he does not even like bananas which makes their guidance misleading.
Pit is allowed to change what foods he likes and dislikes (it’s only been 4 years irl and 7 in his world , counting the 3 year timejump, since the events of and during Uprising)

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
Pit is allowed to change what foods he likes and dislikes (it’s only been 4 years irl and 7 in his world , counting the 3 year timejump, since the events of and during Uprising)
He wasn't talking about Pit he was talking about Rool! Rool has stated in Jungle Climber that he "despises bananas" and it's been confirmed by Rare that the only reason he stole the banana hoard in DKC was to starve the Kongs to death so he could settle in and take over DK's treehouse. Also I hate when people act like K.Rool is a one-trick pony like Bowser (who kidnapps peach every single game). K.Rool only stole the banana hoard 3 times out of the 9 times he appeared as the main boss. DKC he stole the banana's to starve the Kongs to death, in DK Land he stole them only because Cranky paid him and told him too, and in DK64 he stole the banana's only to distract DK so he could finalize and finish building the Blast-O-Matic to destroy DK Island. The rest of his appearances he actually had diffrent motives/tatics.

link2702

Smash Champion
If her guidance for simon doesn’t reference the captain N cartoon show i will be very disappointed.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
He wasn't talking about Pit he was talking about Rool! Rool has stated in Jungle Climber that he "despises bananas" and it's been confirmed by Rare that the only reason he stole the banana hoard in DKC was to starve the Kongs to death so he could settle in and take over DK's treehouse. Also I hate when people act like K.Rool is a one-trick pony like Bowser (who kidnapps peach every single game). K.Rool only stole the banana hoard 3 times out of the 9 times he appeared as the main boss. DKC he stole the banana's to starve the Kongs to death, in DK Land he stole them only because Cranky paid him and told him too, and in DK64 he stole the banana's only to distract DK so he could finalize and finish building the Blast-O-Matic to destroy DK Island. The rest of his appearances he actually had diffrent motives/tatics.
If he meant K Rool then that makes sense...though his reason for stealing the banana hoard...ended up not being his finest hour and was made a monkey out of by the DK Crew

Dr. λ

Banned via Warnings
I was referring to King K. Rool.

Vanguard227

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Vanguard227
Switch FC
SW 4222 8780 9424
Definitely Snake.
I want to see if David Hayter recorded actual new lines for Ultimate, and his guidance convo. is the best chance for this.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Definitely Snake.
I want to see if David Hayter recorded actual new lines for Ultimate, and his guidance convo. is the best chance for this.
That’s the most likely case...or Pit does a Snake impersonation

Rocketjay8

Smash Journeyman
I figured out why I hate this writing so much.

These characters speak no differently than fans would. They open up with a reference specifically to internet culture surrounding the fandom, then they discuss the various incarnation of a character, including asking if an aspect is "canon".
They speak in such a self aware fashion they become completely detached from their own source material. They stop being characters and become reflections of the fans. This makes them weak characters, since they don't stand on their own, they rely entirely on outside sources for their dialogue.
This is not charming or cute or endearing, it's not even annoying. It's just sorta there. It's the type of stuff where you go "eeeehhh, ooooookayyyy???" and then just sorta move on, 'cuz it's awkward. That's what these characters are in one word: "awkward".
Huh, this is the first time I see someone hates Uprising's writing and characters.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Huh, this is the first time I see some one hate Kid Icarus Uprising's writing and characters.
People, especially those who are salty and want Codec Calls back, will always **** on Uprising for many reasons (IMO they’re unrealistic reasons but that’s just Mii)

Dr. λ

Banned via Warnings
People, especially those who are salty and want Codec Calls back, will always **** on Uprising for many reasons (IMO they’re unrealistic reasons but that’s just Mii)
I also prefer the Codecs over Guidance. I think the Kid Icarus cast is pretty stupid and I like the Metal Gear cast. I also like that different Codec conversations often had a different character that fitted better by whoever the subject of the conversation was. Guidance just has the same 3 characters for almost every conversation and they are all lame.

Also I know too little about Uprising to complain about it so that proves you wrong.

Last edited:

TheTrueBrawler

Smash Demon
Kid Icarus was good when it was just :ultpit:. To be honest, the game was pretty much dead before Smash Brawl. It was just another retro series in that game, and that’s how it should have been. Adding both :ultpalutena: and :ultdarkpit: to Smash 4 was just Sakurai trying to beat a dead horse.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Kid Icarus was good when it was just :ultpit:. To be honest, the game was pretty much dead before Smash Brawl. It was just another retro series in that game, and that’s how it should have been. Adding both :ultpalutena: and :ultdarkpit: to Smash 4 was just Sakurai trying to beat a dead horse.
oof...that ain’t it...claiming Sakurai was beating a dead horse is quite the foolish thing to say
I also prefer the Codecs over Guidance. I think the Kid Icarus cast is pretty stupid and I like the Metal Gear cast. I also like that different Codec conversations often had a different character that fitted better by whoever the subject of the conversation was. Guidance just has the same 3 characters for almost every conversation and they are all lame.

Also I know too little about Uprising to complain about it so that proves you wrong.
I’m not wrong if you’re not salty about Codec Codes being gone. If you find the PGs to be lame, then don’t bother dealing with them like those who love them do, not that hard to do (as for knowing one game series over another kinda helps you on not liking them)

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
My biggest disappointment with Guidance there doesn't seem to be much reaction or respect for some of the characters

Just compare Ganondorf with Codec and Guidance. In the Codec they emphasis just how dangerous Ganondorf is, Snake even gets a murderous vibe from him. The guidance calls him the king of porkness and is inaccurate in its information.

I was really hoping Ridley would put some fear in these characters, instead we get a "thats messed up" when they briefly talk about him murdering Samus's parents.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
My biggest disappointment with Guidance there doesn't seem to be much reaction or respect for some of the characters

Just compare Ganondorf with Codec and Guidance. In the Codec they emphasis just how dangerous Ganondorf is, Snake even gets a murderous vibe from him. The guidance calls him the king of porkness and is inaccurate in its information.

I was really hoping Ridley would put some fear in these characters, instead we get a "thats messed up" when they briefly talk about him murdering Samus's parents.
Well at the least Ridley got his entire story explained in the simplest of ways to not confuse people, so yay

Also, the Porkness line from Palutena was quickly corrected by Viridi

TheTrueBrawler

Smash Demon
oof...that ain’t it...claiming Sakurai was beating a dead horse is quite the foolish thing to say
No, that’s exactly what he was doing. The last Kid Icarus game to be released prior to Pit’s inclusion in Smash was “Of Myths and Monsters” back in 1991, and we received a new game, “Uprising” twenty years after OMAM. If it wasn’t for Smash Brawl, Uprising would have never been made, and OMAM would have been the last entry.

Beating a dead horse is what Nintendo was doing. It feels like a waste of development effort when that could have been put towards a new game of a new franchise. How would you feel if Nintendo instead of making a new Legend of Zelda game decided to try and reglorify Ice Climbers?

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
No, that’s exactly what he was doing. The last Kid Icarus game to be released prior to Pit’s inclusion in Smash was “Of Myths and Monsters” back in 1991, and we received a new game, “Uprising” twenty years after OMAM. If it wasn’t for Smash Brawl, Uprising would have never been made, and OMAM would have been the last entry.

Beating a dead horse is what Nintendo was doing. It feels like a waste of development effort when that could have been put towards a new game of a new franchise. How would you feel if Nintendo instead of making a new Legend of Zelda game decided to try and reglorify Ice Climbers?
Well for starters Sakurai was asked to make a game for the 3DS by Iwata for a franchise of his choosing. Then after deciding not to go with StarFox, he went with Kid Icarus (during the same time series like :ultmario::ultlink::ultpikachu::ultkirby::ultmarth::ultisabelle::ultolimar: had games in development and games for :ultmario::ultsamus::ultdk::ultlittlemac: were nearly or already done). Before that, Kid Icarus was planned to get a rebooted game made by Next Level Games before that got cancelled, while :ultpit: was teased for Smash since Melee and joined in Brawl.

Finally getting a game after one was cancelled, Kid Icarus sparked interest from many people in the series and left them to want more (no dead horse beating anywhere).

As for your “make an IC game over a Zelda game”, there’s multiple developers who would’ve worked on a Zelda game while a new Ice Climbers game got worked on (so one being choose over the other. If Nintendo wanted to give an older series a new game, then that shouldn’t be a problem with people considering they’re a massive *** gaming company who have no problem developing games for their bigger series worldwide, while giving smaller franchises time in the spotlight. To call the hard work Sakurai (who chose Kid Icarus to make a game for on his own) put into making KIU a waste of development is something a **** would say.

osby

Smash Obsessed

It would be great them making something new. Nintendo fans need to stop being so terrified of new stuff.

Also, this thread is about Guidance. If you want to lament about Codecs, you are free to make a thread about it.

Sabertooth

Smash Ace
I forget, does Guidance have that problem where the whole thing just stops if a character gets hit? I'm pretty sure Codecs were plagued by that.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
I forget, does Guidance have that problem where the whole thing just stops if a character gets hit? I'm pretty sure Codecs were plagued by that.
Codecs only get interrupted if you hit Snake out of the kneeling animation when trying to start it (and if it happens you can't try again until the next match), or if he gets KOed while the conversation is happening.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
It would be great them making something new. Nintendo fans need to stop being so terrified of new stuff.

Also, this thread is about Guidance. If you want to lament about Codecs, you are free to make a thread about it.
you...you preach it
If Pit is praying and gets hit then nothing gets to start, while getting KO’d during a conversation ends it in general (so pretty much the same thing as what was said above)

Edit: New Guidance for Isabelle

Last edited:

Miifighters4Smash5

Smash Journeyman
you...you preach it

If Pit is praying and gets hit then nothing gets to start, while getting KO’d during a conversation ends it in general (so pretty much the same thing as what was said above)

Edit: New Guidance for Isabelle
Palutena's Guidance entry for :ultisabelle:
:ultpit:: That poor dog looks lost! I'll check its collar.
:ultpalutena:: That's :ultisabelle:! She has bells on her head. That's why she ISABELLE! Her day job is assistant to the mayor of some town. I hear she's the town's hardest worker. She's also cute, courageous, and modest, which is why everyone loves her!
Viridi: Hmph. She's overrated if you ask me.
:ultpit:: No. One. Did. If :ultisabelle: has so much going for her, why is she fighting in Smash?
:ultpalutena:: Yeah, it seems like a weird choice. Maybe she just wants to get some exercise.
:ultpit:: There's gotta be less violent ways to get your blood pumping.
:ultpalutena:: She's from the same town as :ultvillager:, so their moves are somewhat alike. She's just full of surprises, though. Be extra careful of her Fishing Rod. She'll reel you in like a fish.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Palutena's Guidance entry for :ultisabelle:
:ultpit:: That poor dog looks lost! I'll check its collar.
:ultpalutena:: That's :ultisabelle:! She has bells on her head. That's why she ISABELLE! Her day job is assistant to the mayor of some town. I hear she's the town's hardest worker. She's also cute, courageous, and modest, which is why everyone loves her!
Viridi: Hmph. She's overrated if you ask me.
:ultpit:: No. One. Did. If :ultisabelle: has so much going for her, why is she fighting in Smash?
:ultpalutena:: Yeah, it seems like a weird choice. Maybe she just wants to get some exercise.
:ultpit:: There's gotta be less violent ways to get your blood pumping.
:ultpalutena:: She's from the same town as :ultvillager:, so their moves are somewhat alike. She's just full of surprises, though. Be extra careful of her Fishing Rod. She'll reel you in like a fish.
Pit understands the struggles of all them Isabelle fans...and points for Palutena making puns

Edit: To not ignore the leaks going on...though of course this was filmed before the leaks happened

Last edited:

Miifighters4Smash5

Smash Journeyman
Palutena's Guidance entry for :ultsimon:
:ultpit:: Whoa! It's Simon Belmont!
:ultpalutena:: Oh, do you know him?
:ultpit:: Yeah, we hit the scene around the same time. [ Possible Dual Reference to Captain N & Their Video Game Release dates within the same year of 1986]
:ultpalutena:: The legacy of the vampire-hunting Belmont clan is very interesting.
:ultpit:: How long have they been hunting vampires?
:ultpalutena:: Leon Belmont's first vampire encounter was in 1094 AD. The last known heir, Julius Belmont, defeated Dracula in 1999.
:ultpit:: So... Carry the one... A thousand years?!
:ultpalutena:: Other clans appeared and parallel worlds were created. The fate of the Belmont clan has been split in many ways. The most iconic symbol of House Belmont is their legendary whip, the Vampire Killer.
Viridi: A fighter that uses a whip? You don't see that every day.
:ultpalutena:: It's a magical whip that only the Belmont bloodline can wield. An irreplaceable weapon passed down for generations.
Viridi: I wonder how many monsters and demons it's vanquished? It must smell TERRIBLE!
:ultpalutena:: Getting back to the point, be careful of Simon's long-range attacks. The weapons he uses may seem simple, but they don't pull any punches

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Just waiting for someone to post up every single guidance in Ultimate before the game releases (but in a GameXplain, not leaks)

smashingDoug

Smash Lord
Juat like the amiibos I'm actually looking forward to :ultlink::ultzelda::ultganondorf:

See if any changes happen because of their new looks and attacks, No more dreamy hockshot.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Juat like the amiibos I'm actually looking forward to :ultlink::ultzelda::ultganondorf:

See if any changes happen because of their new looks and attacks, No more dreamy hockshot.
Well good thing for you cause Zelda’s got a new one (Link also, but Ganon not sure)

Well look at that...incomplete but still new

Last edited:

Miifighters4Smash5

Smash Journeyman
Palutena's Guidance Entry for :ultlink:
:ultpit:: I can't put my finger on it, but :ultlink: seems...different somehow.
:ultpalutena:: Well, this :ultlink: is technically a different person from the :4link: you fought before. This incarnation is known as the Hero of the Wild. He was once Hyrule's Champion, but he fell into a 100-year slumber after using all his strength to fight the Calamity.
:ultpit:: 100 years might not be a long time to a goddess like you, Lady :ultpalutena:, but that's more than enough time for an entire world to change!
:ultpalutena:: You're right, :ultpit:. When :ultlink: woke from the slumber of restoration, not only was his world unrecognizable, he also lost his memory!
:ultpit:: I can't even imagine what that would be like. Lady :ultpalutena:, isn't there something the gods can do to help him restore his memory?
:ultpalutena:: Meddling in the affairs of another world is never a good idea. Although I do like :ultlink:, and his swordsmanship is quite impressive. The Master Sword, also known as the sword that seals the darkness, reveals its true strength in the presence of the Calamity.
:ultpit:: Cool! Does that mean it's OP against :ultganondorf:?
:ultpalutena:: No, :ultganondorf: is from a different game. You should really do more research before you jump into a fight. If you expect to win, you need to know your opponent's backstory and abilities. Link has a lot of different weapons at his disposal.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Palutena's Guidance Entry for :ultlink:
:ultpit:: I can't put my finger on it, but :ultlink: seems...different somehow.
:ultpalutena:: Well, this :ultlink: is technically a different person from the :4link: you fought before. This incarnation is known as the Hero of the Wild. He was once Hyrule's Champion, but he fell into a 100-year slumber after using all his strength to fight the Calamity.
:ultpit:: 100 years might not be a long time to a goddess like you, Lady :ultpalutena:, but that's more than enough time for an entire world to change!
:ultpalutena:: You're right, :ultpit:. When :ultlink: woke from the slumber of restoration, not only was his world unrecognizable, he also lost his memory!
:ultpit:: I can't even imagine what that would be like. Lady :ultpalutena:, isn't there something the gods can do to help him restore his memory?
:ultpalutena:: Meddling in the affairs of another world is never a good idea. Although I do like :ultlink:, and his swordsmanship is quite impressive. The Master Sword, also known as the sword that seals the darkness, reveals its true strength in the presence of the Calamity.
:ultpit:: Cool! Does that mean it's OP against :ultganondorf:?
:ultpalutena:: No, :ultganondorf: is from a different game. You should really do more research before you jump into a fight. If you expect to win, you need to know your opponent's backstory and abilities. Link has a lot of different weapons at his disposal.
And then whatever else would’ve been said before Link rudely KO’d Pit

Miifighters4Smash5

Smash Journeyman
And then whatever else would’ve been said before Link rudely KO’d Pit
Did you notice the Detail that I Put in; with the Link from SSBU(AKA THIS GUY: :ultlink: from Breath of the Wild) Being different than the Link pit fought before(AKA This guy: :4link: From Twilight Princess; I could've also put in this guy: :link2:, But I Think since Both BRAWL & SSB4 Link are based off of Twilight Link, and since Palutena's Guidance was in SSB4; I'd just stick with the former)

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Did you notice the Detail that I Put in; with the Link from SSBU(AKA THIS GUY: :ultlink: from Breath of the Wild) Being different than the Link pit fought before(AKA This guy: :4link: From Twilight Princess; I could've also put in this guy: :link2:, But I Think since Both BRAWL & SSB4 Link are based off of Twilight Link, and since Palutena's Guidance was in SSB4; I'd just stick with the former)
I honestly wouldn’t have noticed if you never pointed it out (clever one)

Dr. λ

Banned via Warnings
I am glad that Guidance is back but the Codecs where much better. The Codecs where made the fit the character. E.g. Ganondorf got presented as intimidating, R.O.B. got described by a technical guy, Pikachu was treated as being cute, Luigi got poked fun of, etc. The conversation became serious, comical, happy, exited, etc depending on which character the subject was. I love how great the conversations fit the character and how the set the mood for whatever the mood is that the character would set if they existed.

Guidance just uses the same goofy style of conversation for every character and it really does not fit with many characters. As noted above, Ganondorf and Ridley are prime examples. Pit ought to not be acting all goofy and making fun while he is fighting Murderous psychopaths who are experts at murdering people. It makes it seem as if Ganondorf or Ridley are not really there in the fight, because they do not carry along their usual atmosphere of intimidation and evil if no one takes them seriously.

Top Bottom