• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Palutena's Guidance Discussion

Which Characters who didn't get Palutena's Guidance Entries before are you looking forward to seeing

• Total voters

Miifighters4Smash5

Smash Journeyman
I Sure Hope that THESE Characters who debuted in the Previous game(I.E. :ultmewtwo::ultroy::ultlucas::ultcorrin::ultcloud: AND :ultbayonetta:); DON'T Just Lazily Reuse the Same DLC Quotes:
:ultpit:: Who is THAT?
:ultpalutena:: I have no data on this fighter. I can't believe it!
Viridi: It must be an intruder from another dimension!
:ultpit:: Whoever it is, the goal remains the same: to fight and win!

Seriously; IT MAKES NO SENSE FOR T-H-E-M To reuse the same lines where THEY'RE ALREADY IN THE BASE GAME; And THAT'S JUST ****ING LAZY

If they REALLY Need to reuse THAT one; USE THAT One FOR THE 5 Upcoming DLC Fighters(and for Piranha Plant), NOT FOR THE DLC CHARACTERS THAT ARE NO LONGER DLC

Here are some new ones:
Palutena's Guidance entry for :ultdaisy:

:ultpit:: :ultpeach:?
:ultpalutena:: Actually, that's :ultdaisy:, princess of Sarasaland. She was kidnapped by a space alien named Tatanga, but :ultmario: rescued her.
:ultpit:: Right. Kidnapped, then rescued by :ultmario:. :ultpeach:!
:ultpalutena:: No, :ultdaisy: doesn't get kidnapped as often as :ultpeach: does.
:ultpit:: OK, I'm pickin' up what you're puttin' down. ":ultdaisy:" always gets kidnapped by "Tatanga". Wink!
Viridi: Look,:ultdaisy: is a totally different person from :ultpeach:! She's much more, like...energetic...and stuff. You know, she's a go-getter! Plus, her symbol is a daisy. Pretty cool to have a symbol that's also your name.
:ultpit: Yeah, but have you ever seen :ultpeach: and :ultdaisy: in the same place at the same time?
:ultpalutena:: Pit, if you had a symbol, it would be in the shape of an armpit
Palutena's Guidance Entry for :ultkrool:
:ultpit:: Who's this guy? Talk about your super heavyweight!
:ultpalutena: That's the leader of the Kremlings, :ultkrool:.
:ultpit:: Kremlings?
:ultpalutena:: A race of crocodile people.
Viridi: I hear they like bananas. Blech...
:ultpit:: But I thought :ultdk: was the one who liked bananas.
Viridi: I'm pretty sure all mouth-breathing knuckle-draggers like bananas. They're like the litmus test for idiocy.
:ultpit:: I don't know what that means, but I LOVE BANANAS!
Viridi: The prosecution rests!
:ultpalutena:: Back to the fight at hand, some attacks will fail to penetrate King K. Rool's large, leathery belly. You might want to consider incorporating more grabs into your battle strategy.

Palutena's Guidance Entry for :ultchrom:

:ultpit:: Woah! It's :ultchrom:!
Viridi: He finally made it to the fight!
:ultpalutena:: He's the prince of the Halidom of Ylisse... and the descendant of the Hero-King :ultmarth:.
:ultpit:: Marth's sword and Chrom's sword are both named Falchion , right? The designs seem a bit different. Are they really the same sword?
:ultpalutena:: The sword :ultchrom: wields is Falchion, but Marth's sword is Exalted Falchion.
Viridi: And Lucina's sword is Parallel Falchion.
:ultpit:: Falchion. Falchion. That word makes no sense!
:ultpalutena:: Falchion can become the Exalted Falchion once the Fire Emblem brings out its true form.
:ultpit:: If :ultchrom: can fight :ultmarth: using a weaker sword, :ultchrom: must be stronger.
Viridi: I wouldn't say that. I mean, :ultwario: launches people with farts. Pretty sure the style of weapon doesn't make a huge difference.

Last edited:

Frizz

Will Thwack You At 0%
Definitely Chrom. Anybody who's seen Palutena's Guidance on Robin would know why. Though, I'd like to see Robin himself make an appearance in Palutena's Guidance on Chrom, but I know that's a bit unrealistic since they're both separate characters now.

Which brings up a question that's been on my mind just now—would they change Palutena's Guidance on Robin in this installment? You know, considering that it'd be kind of redundant and irrelevant for them to be talking about Chrom only being able to exact his revenge on Pit and Palutena when Robin gets the Smash Ball.

Actually, let's backtrack a bit. Are they giving the veterans new Palutena's Guidance conversations at all? I've only seen a screenshot for Link, so I assume yes, but I want to be sure on this.

Miifighters4Smash5

Smash Journeyman
Definitely Chrom. Anybody who's seen Palutena's Guidance on Robin would know why. Though, I'd like to see Robin himself make an appearance in Palutena's Guidance on Chrom, but I know that's a bit unrealistic since they're both separate characters now.

Which brings up a question that's been on my mind just now—would they change Palutena's Guidance on Robin in this installment? You know, considering that it'd be kind of redundant and irrelevant for them to be talking about Chrom only being able to exact his revenge on Pit and Palutena when Robin gets the Smash Ball.

Actually, let's backtrack a bit. Are they giving the veterans new Palutena's Guidance conversations at all? I've only seen a screenshot for Link, so I assume yes, but I want to be sure on this.
I'm not expecting Many of the veterans who already had one in SSB4 to get a new one(Link Being the Sole Exception due to him being based off of his BOTW Incarnation instead of his Twilight Princess Incarnation), The Only other ones I can see getting a New one; are the Ones who weren't even IN SSBU, Such as :ultpichu: & :ultyounglink: from Melee; :ulticeclimbers:, :ultsnake: & :ultwolf: & :ultpokemontrainer: from Brawl; And the Previously DLC Characters from SSB4(I.E. :ultmewtwo::ultlucas::ultroy::ultryu::ultcloud::ultcorrin: AND :ultbayonetta:) As well as the Ultimate Newcomers; I.E. :ultkrool::ultincineroar::ultridley::ultsimon::ultdarksamus::ultrichter::ultisabelle::ultinkling::ultchrom::ultdaisy: & :ultken:

Last edited:

TheTrueBrawler

Smash Demon
The veterans cut from Smash 4 all need new lines for :ultpalutena:'s Guidance (PG). I think you can guess why their lines were never written. Why there were no lines for the newcomers should be obvious. PG on Smash 4's DLC fighters felt rushed. They should really be redone.
Cut Veterans - :ultyounglink::ultwolf::ultpichu::ulticeclimbers::ultsnake:
Smash 4 DLC - :ultroy::ultcorrin::ultmewtwo::ultlucas::ultryu::ultcloud::ultbayonetta:
Newcomers - :ultdaisy::ultpiranha::ultkrool::ultdarksamus::ultridley::ultchrom::ultincineroar::ultisabelle::ultinkling::ultsimon::ultrichter::ultken:
:ultlink: - New design. New lines for PG are needed. Palutena and Viridi could probably give information on BOTW lore somewhere in there.
:ultrobin: - Yeah, Chrom's in the game now. This one should be changed to either include a fighter not playable or just be reworked entirely.

Last edited:

Frizz

Will Thwack You At 0%
I'm not expecting Many of the veterans who already had one in SSB4 to get a new one(Link Being the Sole Exception due to him being based off of his BOTW Incarnation instead of his Twilight Princess Incarnation), The Only other ones I can see getting a New one; are the Ones who weren't even IN SSBU, Such as :ultpichu: & :ultyounglink: from Melee; :ulticeclimbers:, :ultsnake: & :ultwolf: & :ultpokemontrainer: from Brawl; And the Previously DLC Characters from SSB4(I.E. :ultmewtwo::ultlucas::ultroy::ultryu::ultcloud::ultcorrin: AND :ultbayonetta:) As well as the Ultimate Newcomers; I.E. :ultkrool::ultincineroar::ultridley::ultsimon::ultdarksamus::ultrichter::ultisabelle::ultinkling::ultchrom::ultdaisy: & :ultken:
Yeah, that just about makes sense. I imagine Nintendo wouldn't want to blow over most of their budget for voice acting purposes whereas they could just reuse old content wherever possible. Then again, Marth and Roy DID get English VA's, but those are only for a couple of lines. Nothing too intensive like a full-on conversation.

EDIT: I recently saw a meme on Twitter, and apparently Viridi's VA changed? How's that going to work out? Is Palutena's Guidance going to have both old and new Viridi's VA, or will Viridi's new VA simply voiceover the old ones?

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I swear if piranha plant and the other 5 dlcs end up with

:ultpit:“Who is that”

:ultpalutena: “ I have no data on this fighter I can’t believe it”

Viridi “it must be a intruder from a different dimension”

:ultpit:“ whoever it is the goal remains the same to fight and win.”

Don’t you dare make it that for the dlc characters and the previous dlc characters

Putuk

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2723-9688-6533
Switch FC
SW-8387-2163-6416
These are... so dull.
What a reminder to how much I loathe the writing and characters in KI:U.

Miifighters4Smash5

Smash Journeyman

Don’t you dare make it that for the dlc characters and the previous dlc characters
As Long as they don't re-use that line for Ryu, Mewtwo, Lucas, Roy, Corrin, Cloud, & Bayonetta, I'll be fine.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

Nah Robin should keep the same one, wouldn’t be any weirder than Chrom still being in their final smash while also being his own fighter (more Chroms everywhere...make it Chromplicated)

It’s 99.9% likely to be reused or redone for the 6 dlc characters...but I do wish they could get actual guidance convos

Bendario

Smash Apprentice
These are... so dull.
What a reminder to how much I loathe the writing and characters in KI:U.
What a constructive post. If you hadn't chimed in, nobody would know that you don't like stuff.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Aside from Link and Robin, any other characters need one because of moveset differences, excuse I'm gonna go read them.

Also is it possible Link will have his old one if you use his Classic green? Also maybe Ike? I'll be right back, gonna reread them all

EDIT: I wonder how they'll handle Charizard and Pokemon Trainer

EDIT: Yeah, default Ike will need something new, his old doesn't work well as it references his tougher older look

EDIT: For classic Link to retain his old guidance, they'd have to remove the final line about the Clawshot

EDIT: I hope Olimar and Alph get separate ones this time

EDIT: Toon Link references the original Link Guidance about how handsome he is

EDIT:
Palutena: This isn't quite the Zelda you're used to.
Pit: I hear she no longer changes form in battle.
Palutena: That's right, but she's got a new special move: the Phantom Slash.

I think Zelda needs a new one, this seems like a weird line to keep when she's had these changes for a while

Last edited:

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
What about the fact that Viridi got a new VA? Are they just going to continue with that, or at least rerecord her lines (neither would surprise me, honestly).

I never did much with the guidance since I'm biased against KI, but I did like seeing Link's be completely taken over by Viridi fangirling and putting Pit down, and I love K.Rool's new one since I dislike bananas and agree with Viridi regarding Pit.

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
What about the fact that Viridi got a new VA? Are they just going to continue with that, or at least rerecord her lines (neither would surprise me, honestly).

I never did much with the guidance since I'm biased against KI, but I did like seeing Link's be completely taken over by Viridi fangirling and putting Pit down, and I love K.Rool's new one since I dislike bananas and agree with Viridi regarding Pit.
I really hate Viridi's new VA tbh. She sounds like a toddler, not to mention it just rips your ears.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
All I really want to witness is :ultpit: and :ultbayonetta: talking together (or atleast him talking about her)...and also :ultchrom:

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Honestly I'm not fond of Palutena and Viridi picking on Pit all the time, for Pit himself deserves more respect. From the Guidance entries that we know now, they're not looking so great; they're mostly about humor and making Pit look like a joke. As for the new Link one, I'm holding my tongue on that one until I hear the full conversation. Part of me wonders if some of the JP entries will be better once they're shown...
(I do like the "wink" part from Pit though)

As for the new Viridi VA, don't know who it is, but I'm not fond of it. Her original VA was much better.

Now what entries am I looking forward to the most? The returning Brawl ones that Pit has seen, and the Melee ones he hasn't seen, and hopefully :ultsamus::ultzss: getting an update, maybe interested in :ultincineroar: too.

Last edited:

hinode

Smash Cadet
Also is it possible Link will have his old one if you use his Classic green?
Absolutely not. Link's old guidance had Viridi fawning over his "dreamy clawshot", and that's gone from his movepool no matter which costume you pick.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Honestly I'm not fond of Palutena and Viridi picking on Pit all the time, for Pit himself deserves more respect. From the Guidance entries that we know now, they're not looking so great; they're mostly about humor and making Pit look like a joke. As for the new Link one, I'm holding my tongue on that one until I hear the full conversation. Part of me wonders if some of the JP entries will be better once they're shown...
(I do like the "wink" part from Pit though)

As for the new Viridi VA, don't know who it is, but I'm not fond of it. Her original VA was much better.

Now what entries am I looking forward to the most? The returning Brawl ones that Pit has seen, and the Melee ones he hasn't seen, and hopefully :ultsamus::ultzss: getting an update, maybe interested in :ultincineroar: too.
No picking on Pit here (also Viridi sounds slightly better here)

Last edited:

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
No picking on Pit here (also Viridi sounds slightly better here)
There were missed opportunities regarding having Chrom talk again, but it's fine, especially knowing that Pit isn't being picked on in every entry now.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
There were missed opportunities regarding having Chrom talk again, but it's fine, especially knowing that Pit isn't being picked on in every entry now.
I was hoping Chrom destroyed Viridi and Palutena while being a bro to Pit (they didn’t have any beef last game)

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
That K.Rool was extremely lame it started off strong and then it just...dropped to talk about Banana's and not the actual character and his history. Chrom and Daisy's were good and funny though. I look forward to Ridley, Bayonetta's (especially her's since she kills angels), and Wolf's the most!

Though I kinda agree with Putuk Putuk these, the Snake Codecs were SO much better IMO. Also I agree with you on Uprising not being that funny. Probably why Medusa was my favorite character in that game because she was the serious straight man to everyone else in the casts stand-up comedy wacky antics. Lot of it fell flat to me. Also yeah Viridi's new VA sucks.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Hoping GameXplain got the guidance for :ultbayonetta:

also, Snake Codec Calls are most likely done for, with a small chance in returning (better for y’all who want those back to accept it being gone or stick with watching his old stuff)

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
Cloud's guidance

"This is a character from a video game."

"Oh neat I guess."

"I tell joke that reminds you I'm tsundere"

But yeah, the codecs are much better. They usually stay on the point more. Good grief that K.Rool guidance was straight up dreadful.

Last edited:

TheTrueBrawler

Smash Demon
But yeah, the codecs are much better. They usually stay on the point more. Good grief that K.Rool guidance was straight up dreadful.
Well if this game has Palutena's Guidance, I have zero doubt that it will have Snake's Codec's as well, and those were my favorite in Smash Brawl.

PlugMeister

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PlugMeistr
Switch FC
SW-7021-0200-5077
Well if this game has Palutena's Guidance, I have zero doubt that it will have Snake's Codec's as well, and those were my favorite in Smash Brawl.
It's not looking good at all for codecs. The game is out in 2 weeks and Hayter still hasn't been contacted by Nintendo to do voice lines, and of course, there's the passing of Colonel's Japanese VA which brought Kojima to retire the character out of respect. Guidance is the best we're gonna get.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
:ultpalutena:Guidance is all I need

Edit: new guidance for :ultridley:

Last edited:

Miifighters4Smash5

Smash Journeyman
Here's the Currently Newest(As of 11/21/2018) Palutena's Guidance Entry;

Palutena's Guidance Entry for :ultridley:
:ultpit:: RIDLEY CONFIRMED!
:ultpalutena:: Uh, Yes, that's :ultridley:, Samus' Archnemesis
:ultpit:: I never thought I'd have to fight an alien space dragon in Smash]
VIRIDI: Kirby's a Space Alien, Too ya know! Jury's out on him being a dragon though
:ultpalutena:: :ultridley: may look like a mindless killing machine; But He's exceedingly Intelligent; He's the leader of the ruthless Space Pirates
:ultpit:: So What's the story behind him and :ultsamus:?
:ultpalutena:; :ultridley: Killed Samus' parents when she was young
:ultpit:: That's messed up
:ultpalutena:: :ultsamus: & :ultridley: first fought in the depths of Norfair on Planet Zebes; They crossed paths again when :ultridley: stole the baby Metroid; Meta :ultridley: was made through Genetic engineering and Cybernetic Enhancements, Omega :ultridley: is the one infused with Phazon; Neo-Ridley was born when an X Parasite absorbed Ridley's Genes and Yet another :ultridley: was created by cloning cells found on Samus' Suit
:ultpit:: You sure know a lot about :ultridley:. and none of it is how to fight him!
VIRIDI: There's also a Robot version of :ultridley:; He built it himself which officially makes him a Narcissist'
:ultpit:: Is that Canon?!
:ultpalutena:: Canon or not, all these Ridleys shared the same fate-- they were all defeated by :ultsamus:

:ultpit:: Not Suprising; :ultsamus: is a Beast!
:ultpalutena:: So is :ultridley:! Mind the sharp barb on his tail.

Khao

Smash Lord
I just want confirmation on whether or not Snake's Codecs are back. GameXplain tested Palutena's Guidance. Did they test the Codecs? I need to know. Just tell me they're not in the game and I'll rest easy. I'm dying.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I just want confirmation on whether or not Snake's Codecs are back. GameXplain tested Palutena's Guidance. Did they test the Codecs? I need to know. Just tell me they're not in the game and I'll rest easy. I'm dying.
guess you’ll get an answer the day the game comes out

Last edited:

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
That Ridley one made me smile for many reasons. Pit's last words from that already helped me; he knows that she's very powerful. Plus Pit wasn't picked on this time.

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
I can't believe people in this thread don't think Uprising was funny. The humor/interpersonal interactions were what made that game awesome

SgtCephalopod

Smash Cadet
I love Uprising and its character interactions but Palutena's Guidance is forgettable for the most part. Pit and Palutena's chemistry here is cripplingly weak,

Mariomaniac45213

Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
Alright time to review all the new guidance's so far -

Daisy - 7/10
Chrom - 7/10
Ridley - 10/10
K.Rool - 1/10

I need to see Bayonetta's, and Wolf's. Those are the only other ones I really care about.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Its probably just me, but Pit sounds like he’s been getting a tad bit older in this game (weird cause ADR uses the same voice for all of his role, but this Pit sounds a tad bit older all of a sudden)
Alright time to review all the new guidance's so far -

Daisy - 7/10
Chrom - 7/10
Ridley - 10/10
K.Rool - 1/10

I need to see Bayonetta's, and Wolf's. Those are the only other ones I really care about.
You must’ve been really disappointed over K Rool not getting a good guidance talk compared to the others...also :ultbayonetta: is the only one that truly matters when it comes to who :ultpit: needs to talk about
I love Uprising and its character interactions but Palutena's Guidance is forgettable for the most part. Pit and Palutena's chemistry here is cripplingly weak,
That’s only because Pit and Viridi > (also...crippling weak is a weird thing to compare these convos to, they’re not really forgettable)
I can't believe people in this thread don't think Uprising was funny. The humor/interpersonal interactions were what made that game awesome
Makes you wonder why people came to complain here and talk about Snake Codecs being better instead of just making a thread about the Codecs being better for them
That Ridley one made me smile for many reasons. Pit's last words from that already helped me; he knows that she's very powerful. Plus Pit wasn't picked on this time.
I knew you’d love the extremely well done Ridley guidance

Mariomaniac45213

Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
You must’ve been really disappointed over K Rool not getting a good guidance talk compared to the others...also :ultbayonetta: is the only one that truly matters when it comes to who :ultpit: needs to talk about
I am a little disappointed yes. Just seemed very lazy and uninformative. I mean they could've really just copied his amiibo description and I would've been content.

King K. Rool is the malevolent leader of the Kremling Krew known to be mad, bossy, power-hungry tyrant, thief, irritated and megalomaniac. He repeatedly orders his right-hand Klump or others minions to steal Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong's Banana Hoard, kidnapping Kong Family members and get powerful objects for his goals.
then folllow it up with a joke from Pit and Viridi instead of just going on about bananas and not the actual character himself.

Putuk

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2723-9688-6533
Switch FC
SW-8387-2163-6416
Here's the Currently Newest(As of 11/21/2018) Palutena's Guidance Entry;

Palutena's Guidance Entry for :ultridley:
:ultpit:: RIDLEY CONFIRMED!
:ultpalutena:: Uh, Yes, that's :ultridley:, Samus' Archnemesis
:ultpit:: I never thought I'd have to fight an alien space dragon in Smash]
VIRIDI: Kirby's a Space Alien, Too ya know! Jury's out on him being a dragon though
:ultpalutena:: :ultridley: may look like a mindless killing machine; But He's exceedingly Intelligent; He's the leader of the ruthless Space Pirates
:ultpit:: So What's the story behind him and :ultsamus:?
:ultpalutena:; :ultridley: Killed Samus' parents when she was young
:ultpit:: That's messed up
:ultpalutena:: :ultsamus: & :ultridley: first fought in the depths of Norfair on Planet Zebes; They crossed paths again when :ultridley: stole the baby Metroid; Meta :ultridley: was made through Genetic engineering and Cybernetic Enhancements, Omega :ultridley: is the one infused with Phazon; Neo-Ridley was born when an X Parasite absorbed Ridley's Genes and Yet another :ultridley: was created by cloning cells found on Samus' Suit
:ultpit:: You sure know a lot about :ultridley:. and none of it is how to fight him!
VIRIDI: There's also a Robot version of :ultridley:; He built it himself which officially makes him a Narcissist'
:ultpit:: Is that Canon?!
:ultpalutena:: Canon or not, all these Ridleys shared the same fate-- they were all defeated by :ultsamus:

:ultpit:: Not Suprising; :ultsamus: is a Beast!
:ultpalutena:: So is :ultridley:! Mind the sharp barb on his tail.
I figured out why I hate this writing so much.

These characters speak no differently than fans would. They open up with a reference specifically to internet culture surrounding the fandom, then they discuss the various incarnation of a character, including asking if an aspect is "canon".
They speak in such a self aware fashion they become completely detached from their own source material. They stop being characters and become reflections of the fans. This makes them weak characters, since they don't stand on their own, they rely entirely on outside sources for their dialogue.
This is not charming or cute or endearing, it's not even annoying. It's just sorta there. It's the type of stuff where you go "eeeehhh, ooooookayyyy???" and then just sorta move on, 'cuz it's awkward. That's what these characters are in one word: "awkward".

Top Bottom