• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Palutena's Guidance Discussion

Which Characters who didn't get Palutena's Guidance Entries before are you looking forward to seeing

• Total voters

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
DLC Guidance was good enough as it was.
People (including myself) would like to hear dlc characters have different things said to them instead of them all sharing the same convo

Dr. λ

Banned via Warnings
People (including myself) would like to hear dlc characters have different things said to them instead of them all sharing the same convo
The non-DLC conversations are win enough for everyone who wanted those.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
The non-DLC conversations are win enough for everyone who wanted those.
True, but that doesn’t mean it wouldn’t be more sweet for us to gain convos for :ultpiranha:

Rhus

We're going top speed!
That's cool and all, but when I hear the guidances all I think is "wow these characters are super boring when they're not annoying".
Well...

And I kinda think your argument is real weak.
Either way, keep in mind that the Icarus cast are above the mortal realm anyway - it's not that unrealistic at all that the characters (especially Palutena) have existential insight onto character backgrounds. That's actually part of the strength of using this cast for this purpose.

The new guidances just posted are actually pretty solid. I smiled at :ultpichu:'s.

TheMisterManGuy

Smash Apprentice
After listening to the new PG convos, It's clear Viridi was replaced. However, if she was recasted, who is her new voice actress? I want to say Christine Marie Cabanos, the voice of Madoka Kaname, but it's a bit too high pitched to be that. It might be Cassandra Lee Moris too, but not completely sure. Whoever she is, she's most likely some other non-union anime dub actor from Burbank, since those are the types of people Nintendo has been using a lot in recent years.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
He Couldn't help that he was created by the very beings that she hates so much!!! if she's judging him for something he cannot control I.E. His very existance; that's extremely PETTY!!
She prefers natural things, yet doesn’t feel bad for someone who didn’t ask to be created
After listening to the new PG convos, It's clear Viridi was replaced. However, if she was recasted, who is her new voice actress? I want to say Christine Marie Cabanos, the voice of Madoka Kaname, but it's a bit too high pitched to be that. It might be Cassandra Lee Moris too, but not completely sure. Whoever she is, she's most likely some other non-union anime dub actor from Burbank, since those are the types of people Nintendo has been using a lot in recent years.
Whoever she is, Starfire was the better and greatest Viridi

Dr. λ

Banned via Warnings
She prefers natural things, yet doesn’t feel bad for someone who didn’t ask to be created
/QUOTE]
What is natural about rocks being modified to fight for her? I think Mewtwo's is actually more natural than her Forces of "Nature".

TheMisterManGuy

Smash Apprentice
After watching more of PG, I'm starting lean more towards Viridi's new voice being Marieve Herington, who was in Love Live! as Honoka Kosaka.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
well ones made of rocks and the other is a “monstrous” clone...best assumption I can think of when it comes to Viridi hating Mewtwo

Edit:...
1. idk why your quote doesn’t show up
2. Richter guidance

Last edited:

Dr. λ

Banned via Warnings
well ones made of rocks and the other is a “monstrous” clone...best assumption I can think of when it comes to Viridi hating Mewtwo
One is a living being with emotions that has only been slightly altered. The other is a huge heavily modified rock with no other goal than to destroy.
My explanation is that Viridi is a huge hypocrite and that the "nature" part of her "goddess of nature" title is very poorly defined.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
One is a living being with emotions that has only been slightly altered. The other is a huge heavily modified rock with no other goal than to destroy.
My explanation is that Viridi is a huge hypocrite and that the "nature" part of her "goddess of nature" title is very poorly defined.
well she did kill most humans in order to reboot the world, so hypocrisy kinda fits her

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
So of the returning characters did anyone else get new ones besides Link?
So far Zelda, Ganondorf, Robin have new ones
Like I've been saying; VIRIDI is very petty with her complete hatred of humanity & its' creations!!
when you deal with humans killing each other over a fake wish and seem hella ungrateful, you’ll understand Viridi’s ways (Thanos does)

Edit: Glorious unless it ends up being taken down

Last edited:

Miifighters4Smash5

Smash Journeyman
Here's Some more new ones:

Palutena's guidance entry for :ultzelda::
:ultpit:: Is that...:ultzelda:?
:ultpalutena:: Yes, that's :ultzelda: from A Link to the Past. She's a descendant of the Seven Sages. When she was captured, she used telepathy to ask :ultlink: for help.
Viridi::ultpit:... :ultpit:... Go get me a cinnamon roll...
:ultpit:: Right away, Zel— HEY! Knock it off, Viridi!
:ultpalutena:: Focus, :ultpit:! :ultzelda: has a projectile attack called Din's Fire. It can be steered through the air, kind of like your arrows. The trajectory of Din's Fire is really hard to see, so it's important to pay extra close attention when fighting her.
Viridi::ultpit:... :ultpit:... Get me a glazed donut with rainbow sprinkles...
:ultpit:: Yes, right away! A glazed donut with rainbo— STOP IT!

Palutena's Guidance entry for :ultsheik::
:ultpit:: It's :ultsheik:!
:ultpalutena:: :ultsheik: appears to be wearing a traditional Sheikah outfit this time around.
Viridi: Ooh! So exotic! That armor is right up my alley. I wonder if it comes in a children's small...
:ultpit:: I always get nervous when :ultsheik: gets close. If I make one wrong move, I'll get pummeled with a flurry of quick attacks!
:ultpalutena:: His attacks may be fast, but they aren't very strong. That's why he'll try to end the fight quickly. He's also very light, so focus on launching :ultsheik: at lower damage percentages.
Viridi: And he doesn't have much reach, so keep your distance until you're ready to rush him with your Upperdash Arm
:ultpit:: Good advice! But... you guys do know :ultsheik: is just :ultzelda:, right? In disguise? Wait, is there a new timeline?!

Last edited:

Miifighters4Smash5

Smash Journeyman
I need to find that Wolf Guidance audio

Maybe it’s because Sakurai knows Pichu will be God Tier, so he kept the nerfs for him
No it wouldn't; it'd be at the same tier as its evolution; If ANYONE IS AT T-H-A-T Tier; It's :ultbayonetta:!!
Seriously, Why did Sakurai decide to put in such an Overpowered Character like her in smash?!

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
No it wouldn't; it'd be at the same tier as its evolution; If ANYONE IS AT T-H-A-T Tier; It's :ultbayonetta:!!
Seriously, Why did Sakurai decide to put in such an Overpowered Character like her in smash?!
He probably didn’t expect her to be so busted...then he needed her harder than most (Meta Knight had it worse though between Brawl and Smash 4)

VexTheHex

Smash Ace
Hmm, from listening and seeing these...

:ultpit: is dumber than dirt and seems incompetent.
:ultpalutena: plays with mental abusing her "son" for giggles at times.
And Viridi is a little troll monster spouting hatred every second, was she inspired by that blond Danganronpa girl in the 2nd game? Like legit, same ugly personality to the max.

Maybe Medusa is the heroine. :I

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Are you seriously asking why there are broken characters in a fighting game?

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Hmm, from listening and seeing these...

:ultpit: is dumber than dirt and seems incompetent.
:ultpalutena: plays with mental abusing her "son" for giggles at times.
And Viridi is a little troll monster spouting hatred every second, was she inspired by that blond Danganronpa girl in the 2nd game? Like legit, same ugly personality to the max.

Maybe Medusa is the heroine. :I
Actually Pit has been getting smarter somehow. He still has his dumbness mode, but overall he’s gaining more brains and unintentional roasting skills.

Miifighters4Smash5

Smash Journeyman
He probably didn’t expect her to be so busted...then he needed her harder than most (Meta Knight had it worse though between Brawl and Smash 4)
I Hope she gets as nerfed as SSB4 Meta Knight was in comparison to Brawl's Meta Knight.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

Dannish

Smash Apprentice

Edit:...
1. idk why your quote doesn’t show up
2. Richter guidance
What have they done to Alucard's voice?
It's not sexy anymore.
I might cry.

Dannish

Smash Apprentice
They used a person who played him before (Yuri Lowenthal)
This isn't the only time a wonderful voice has been replaced with something terrible.
I love Ghaleon's voice in the Lunar series but in Silver Star Harmony they replaced his actor.
Why aren't men allowed to have sexy voices?

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
This isn't the only time a wonderful voice has been replaced with something terrible.
I love Ghaleon's voice in the Lunar series but in Silver Star Harmony they replaced his actor.
Why aren't men allowed to have sexy voices?
Because people have different types of sexy voices?

Dannish

Smash Apprentice
Tell me with a straight face that Alucard's voice is not the very definition of sexy.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Tell me with a straight face that Alucard's voice is not the very definition of sexy.

Nothing about me is straight, but I personally didn't find it really sexy. Each to their own, though.

Top Bottom