• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Option for Opponents DI'ing Behind on D-Throw (Mid-Heavy Chars)?

Tha_Shogun_12

Smash Journeyman
If any other Mario mains will know that trying to land a FAir on an opponent who DI's behind you is extremely tough timing, but this seems like a very nice and safe follow up. I found it out on accident while in Grand Finals at a tourney but I tested it a few times and it seems legit on mid-heavy opponents.

http://gfycat.com/WelloffAthleticFlyingsquirrel

Last edited:

AssTAStic_ACA

Smash Apprentice
Hmm that seems like a cool little thing to do. TBH it looked like you coulda j ust turned around SH F-Air. But The N-air Seemed like a decent option if you were unsure.

Last edited:

Tha_Shogun_12

Smash Journeyman
I was thinking the same thing but the height of the DThrow and how strict the timing as to be seems like this gives you a little more leeway.

I'll have to keep testing it, but if you guys get in matches and it works better let me know and i'll be doing the same.

Tha_Shogun_12

Smash Journeyman
After testing it more I found out that this is heavily DI influenced :(.

Oh well, it still is a nice combo to look at.

Top Bottom