• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Nintendo Treehouse Livestream Coming Soon

Stream_Soon_But_No_Wario_Land.jpg

Recently, Nintendo of America announced they’ll be livestreaming a new Nintendo Treehouse on July 10th, 2020!

This livestream will show off gameplay from Paper Mario: The Origami King. In addition, it will also feature the debut of a currently unrevealed game and luckily, we know a little bit about what the game is. For starters, WayForward, the developers of Shantae and River City Girls will be the developer of the game. We also know it’s from a franchise that WayForward has never worked on before and Nintendo clarified it isn’t a first-party franchise. If you want to see Paper Mario: The Origami King gameplay and/or what the new game is, you can watch the stream here at 10 AM PDT / 1 PM EDT:

Author’s Note: Personally I'm pretty curious about what the new game is. Do you have any guesses about what it could be? If so, please let us know in the comments below!

Mitchell "Zerp" Brenkus

Comments

Sweet! I'm not sure if this game is going to be made for old fans or to create new ones. From what I've heard, it's not going to be nearly as RPG-esque as before, which I know a lot of people were hoping for. Then again, I think that was just what SpawnWave said on YouTube, so... We'll see.

D
Meh I mean I might not tune in but hopefully the game is good.

This new game is apparently so noteworthy that the event is listed in Summer Game Fest.

Note that Nintendo was not involved with SGF in any capacity before this point.

Top Bottom