• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New NAIR?

adriantte

Smash Rookie
Seems like Pikachu will receive a new Neutral Air, similar to Mewtwo's

It can be seen at 0:04 in the video below:

What do you think?

LunarWingCloud

Smash Lord
NNID
LunarWingStorm
3DS FC
2449-4791-3879
Noticed this myself. Not sure if it'll be overall better or worse than his NAir from the previous game, but considering it lost most of its kill power in Smash 4 I'm open to seeing a small change to the little rat's moveset. The hitbox on this new NAir seems to be a lot easier to hit with and as they showed, seems to be easy to combo into.

NobleClamtasm

Smash Journeyman
I caught Axe's livestream after the invitational. According to ESAM, his nair has very low landing lag, meaning you can link it to just about anything. Nair to Up Smash is a thing apparently, so we have another kill confirm :D

LunarWingCloud

Smash Lord
NNID
LunarWingStorm
3DS FC
2449-4791-3879
Also he mentioned Thunder killing a lot earlier, and Pikachu having access to spikes in a few moves, DAir being one of them.

Let's go, bois!

Also NobleClamtasm NobleClamtasm how funny, a fellow Pikachu main who's also a Touhou fan. Hi friend!

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Pikachu looks WAY more fun now! Might actuality pick him up yet again as he was my first main

Majalbatross

Smash Apprentice
I'm seriously glad to see this change. One of the few things holding Pikachu back from having an amazing aerial game was the horrendous and punishable end lag on his Nair, both on the ground and off stage. This one looks a lot safer and could probably be used to link into combos if the reduced landing lag is enough.

Oh, and his Dair spikes too now! About time too!

MalachitJR

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-2092-6451-4829
He had the same situation with link. With link they changed his bombs and arrows to make him more different than the other links. And they did the same thing with pikachu to make him more different than pichu.

SpaceCowboy35

Smash Cadet
Slippi.gg
SPAC#649
In my experience, it acts as a good to excellent combo extender with an easy setup for up smash depending on how you angle your opponent.

Top Bottom